IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

But Ferguson has more experience in coaching than Lampard, he also has a hell of a lot more coaching badges than Lampard, yet Lampard was given the job with little experience and no previous success,

They both have the same UEFA Pro License. 

24 minutes ago, StevO said:

They do have the same UEFA Pro licence which is the highest you can achieve at level 5, and you need before you can manage in the Champions League. Lampard fast tracked his advancement, by directly taking the UEFA A Licence, to allow him to take the Pro Licence, Ferguson did 2 Coaching badges in Scotland to achieve UEFA B Licence then he did his A and Pro Licence at Everton, over a longer period whilst working under Moyes and all managers since, to gain far more experience than Lampard who never worked as a coach under any manager, Abramovich allowed Lampard to use Chelsea to work towards his Licence as an old pals act, but he wasn't a paid coach working under the manager or with the team. 

The more I think about it, the more that Dyche makes sense. Look what he did year after year with some absolutely shit squads. If we try and bring in someone who wants to play beautiful football, we'll absolutely be going down. 

We need someone pragmatic, but I'm hoping Frank can still be that guy. Resort back to the tactics of last season and survive by any means necessary.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The more I think about it, the more that Dyche makes sense. Look what he did year after year with some absolutely shit squads. If we try and bring in someone who wants to play beautiful football, we'll absolutely be going down. 

We need someone pragmatic, but I'm hoping Frank can still be that guy. Resort back to the tactics of last season and survive by any means necessary.

But yet another switch in footballing philosophy, we may as well bringing fat Sam back.  His results where ok ish (in hindsight to what we have witnessed since), but the footballer really sucked.

I just see what manager we will be able to get can change this. We desperately need wins against Southampton & West Ham.

I feel a bit for Frank to be honest, he tries to get us playing front foot football but the players are just shattered for confidence. We just need to pull a string of results out of somewhere

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

But yet another switch in footballing philosophy, we may as well bringing fat Sam back.  His results where ok ish (in hindsight to what we have witnessed since), but the footballer really sucked.

I couldn't tell you what Lampard's football philosophy is but I have seen Burnley play far better football than we are playing!

56 minutes ago, Btay said:

I just see what manager we will be able to get can change this. We desperately need wins against Southampton & West Ham.

I feel a bit for Frank to be honest, he tries to get us playing front foot football but the players are just shattered for confidence. We just need to pull a string of results out of somewhere

Is he trying to play front foot football? Its an incoherrent mess IMO. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

They do have the same UEFA Pro licence which is the highest you can achieve at level 5, and you need before you can manage in the Champions League. Lampard fast tracked his advancement, by directly taking the UEFA A Licence, to allow him to take the Pro Licence, Ferguson did 2 Coaching badges in Scotland to achieve UEFA B Licence then he did his A and Pro Licence at Everton, over a longer period whilst working under Moyes and all managers since, to gain far more experience than Lampard who never worked as a coach under any manager, Abramovich allowed Lampard to use Chelsea to work towards his Licence as an old pals act, but he wasn't a paid coach working under the manager or with the team. 

That’s like saying they both have a degree but Duncan has got more GCSE’s. 😂
They both have the highest merit a manager can get. Experience, up for debate but Lampard has been a manager at three clubs, Duncan, a couple of games as caretaker.

Ive got no dog in the fight here by the way, I like them both. But just seems a weird stick to try to beat Lampard with.

Lampard was allowed to use Chelsea as an old pals act? 
How do you think Duncan got any time at Everton? Because of his relationship with Kenwright. You could call it an old pals act. 

I’m also pretty sure he came in under Roberto, not Moyes. But as he wasn’t Roberto’s choice, being put in there by the chairman, he was given very little responsibility with the first team. He got the most first team responsibility when Sam arrived.
This is all from Duncan’s mouth about having little responsibility under Roberto and Sam giving him more exposure to the first team. Not conjecture or hearsay. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

That’s like saying they both have a degree but Duncan has got more GCSE’s. 😂
They both have the highest merit a manager can get. Experience, up for debate but Lampard has been a manager at three clubs, Duncan, a couple of games as caretaker.

Ive got no dog in the fight here by the way, I like them both. But just seems a weird stick to try to beat Lampard with.

Lampard was allowed to use Chelsea as an old pals act? 
How do you think Duncan got any time at Everton? Because of his relationship with Kenwright. You could call it an old pals act. 

I’m also pretty sure he came in under Roberto, not Moyes. But as he wasn’t Roberto’s choice, being put in there by the chairman, he was given very little responsibility with the first team. He got the most first team responsibility when Sam arrived.
This is all from Duncan’s mouth about having little responsibility under Roberto and Sam giving him more exposure to the first team. Not conjecture or hearsay. 

Not disputing that they have the same License, all I said was Ferguson has more coaching badges than Lampard, which I standby because he has done more coaching courses than Lampard. So in my world I find it strange when people say Ferguson shouldn't get the job because of his lack of experience, but never mentioned that about Lampard when in reality in coaching terms Ferguson is the more experienced. Now that is not me advocating that Ferguson should get a chance at the job he definitely shouldn't because he lacks the experience required, which is exactly what I said about Lampard. Ferguson did start with Moyes, when he finished football he retired to Spain but couldn't handle the retired lifestyle, and after a few years he rang up Moyes and asked if he would take him on as one of his coaches, which Moyes agreed to, well that's what I have read anyway so I'll be up front and say Ferguson never told me this himself 😆

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not disputing that they have the same License, all I said was Ferguson has more coaching badges than Lampard, which I standby because he has done more coaching courses than Lampard. So in my world I find it strange when people say Ferguson shouldn't get the job because of his lack of experience, but never mentioned that about Lampard when in reality in coaching terms Ferguson is the more experienced. Now that is not me advocating that Ferguson should get a chance at the job he definitely shouldn't because he lacks the experience required, which is exactly what I said about Lampard. Ferguson did start with Moyes, when he finished football he retired to Spain but couldn't handle the retired lifestyle, and after a few years he rang up Moyes and asked if he would take him on as one of his coaches, which Moyes agreed to, well that's what I have read anyway so I'll be up front and say Ferguson never told me this himself 😆

When Moyes was at the club he wasn’t with the first team. He was with the under 21s. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

When Moyes was at the club he wasn’t with the first team. He was with the under 21s. 

I said Moyes gave him his first coaching role, but further proof that Ferguson got his experience as a coach from the ground up over a protracted period over many years. Let's say they were both brain surgeons and you needed surgery, and you were given the choice of only 2 surgeons to perform the operation, would you go with the one who had years of experience working in that field of expertise, and gaining his experience from actually doing the theory and the practical, or would you go for the younger surgeon who had very little practical experience and fast tracked his theory to become a surgeon. Apologies mate I shouldn't have asked you that, it was very presumptuous of me to assume you had a brain 😉😂

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

I said Moyes gave him his first coaching role, but further proof that Ferguson got his experience as a coach from the ground up over a protracted period over many years. Let's say they were both brain surgeons and you needed surgery, and you were given the choice of only 2 surgeons to perform the operation, would you go with the one who had years of experience working in that field of expertise, and gaining his experience from actually doing the theory and the practical, or would you go for the younger surgeon who had very little practical experience and fast tracked his theory to become a surgeon. Apologies mate I shouldn't have asked you that, it was very presumptuous of me to assume you had a brain 😉😂

If you needed brain surgery would you want the guy who has never been a brain surgeon but has watched them for a few years? Or a guy who’s been an actual brain surgeon? 

Duncan has never been a manager. Frank has. Im very very lost now. 
On topic though, would anyone actually want Duncan to be our manager? Fuck that! He never will be. He’s not even getting a job at lower league clubs.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

If you needed brain surgery would you want the guy who has never been a brain surgeon but has watched them for a few years? Or a guy who’s been an actual brain surgeon? 

Duncan has never been a manager. Frank has. Im very very lost now. 
On topic though, would anyone actually want Duncan to be our manager? Fuck that! He never will be. He’s not even getting a job at lower league clubs.

Never said I wanted Ferguson if you care to read what I've said in all my posts, I've said he doesn't have enough experience but as a coach he has more than Lampard. Lampard's first introduction to coaching was as manager of Derby County for a season got the job solely on his what he achieved as a player, because he had zero experience of a coaching anywhere, then he goes to Chelsea and gets booted mid season, would have been sooner but Abramovich had a soft spot for him, he spent millions but the reality of his lack of experience at coaching shone through and he was gone, then he has a 18 months without a job sat at home looking after the kids, gaining no more experience of coaching, not ringing his contacts up like say Pep and asking if he could join them in some capacity to try and gain the knowledge required, then the prick who is Moshiri gives him the role here even though it was clear he never had the experience to succeed, I said it before he was given the job and now we have the proof, worst manager on results to ever manage Everton FC. But my original post was stop slagging off Ferguson whether you like him or not, because he has far more coaching skills and experience than Lampard and that is pretty much the truth of it, and that was not my advocating that Ferguson should get the job as you seem to be twisting it that I did, fair enough you think Lampard is the better man the more experienced coach stats at this club would say differently. But I will say it again I can't believe the amount of people who have slagged off Ferguson for his lack of experience, yet never mentioned that part of Lampard's career when saying he was the man for the job, did you Steve?

On 05/01/2023 at 03:30, Palfy said:

But Ferguson has more experience in coaching than Lampard, he also has a hell of a lot more coaching badges than Lampard, yet Lampard was given the job with little experience and no previous success, yet there wasn't many highlighting that or caring about that situation when he was appointed manager. So regardless of who we are talking about shouldn't experience been the overriding factor when Lampard was handed the job, I think you will find the answer is yes, and as you are right about Ferguson not getting the job because of his lack of experience, then why was this not a consideration when Lampard was given the role. 

On 05/01/2023 at 14:51, StevO said:

My original post Steve the one you tried to discredit and disprove, the reason why I do not know and do not care, but I stand by what I said that Ferguson has more coaching badges than Lampard and more experience as a coach, you may not of liked that being a Lampard advocater, but it's fact, apologies if that has upset you in someway. 

On 07/01/2023 at 08:01, Palfy said:

Never said I wanted Ferguson if you care to read what I've said in all my posts, I've said he doesn't have enough experience but as a coach he has more than Lampard. Lampard's first introduction to coaching was as manager of Derby County for a season got the job solely on his what he achieved as a player, because he had zero experience of a coaching anywhere, then he goes to Chelsea and gets booted mid season, would have been sooner but Abramovich had a soft spot for him, he spent millions but the reality of his lack of experience at coaching shone through and he was gone, then he has a 18 months without a job sat at home looking after the kids, gaining no more experience of coaching, not ringing his contacts up like say Pep and asking if he could join them in some capacity to try and gain the knowledge required, then the prick who is Moshiri gives him the role here even though it was clear he never had the experience to succeed, I said it before he was given the job and now we have the proof, worst manager on results to ever manage Everton FC. But my original post was stop slagging off Ferguson whether you like him or not, because he has far more coaching skills and experience than Lampard and that is pretty much the truth of it, and that was not my advocating that Ferguson should get the job as you seem to be twisting it that I did, fair enough you think Lampard is the better man the more experienced coach stats at this club would say differently. But I will say it again I can't believe the amount of people who have slagged off Ferguson for his lack of experience, yet never mentioned that part of Lampard's career when saying he was the man for the job, did you Steve?

The job is for a manager. Not a coach. Frank has been a manager before. Ferguson hasn’t. If we need a coach, maybe Duncan has the experience. There is a big difference between being a coach and being a manager. 

Im just not sure why we are even talking about Duncan Ferguson? Let alone why you are so upset that I don’t think he’s a suitable manager. 

On 07/01/2023 at 08:23, Palfy said:

My original post Steve the one you tried to discredit and disprove, the reason why I do not know and do not care, but I stand by what I said that Ferguson has more coaching badges than Lampard and more experience as a coach, you may not of liked that being a Lampard advocater, but it's fact, apologies if that has upset you in someway. 

I’m not upset in the slightest. You seem to be very upset. I don’t know why. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

The job is for a manager. Not a coach. Frank has been a manager before. Ferguson hasn’t. If we need a coach, maybe Duncan has the experience. There is a big difference between being a coach and being a manager. 

Im just not sure why we are even talking about Duncan Ferguson? Let alone why you are so upset that I don’t think he’s a suitable manager. 

Steve stop being a fucking dick mate, there was talk about Ferguson before my post, I was merely saying I don't know why people slag Ferguson off because he has more coaching experience and badges for coaching than Lampard, yet they gave Lampard the job, you may believe no coaching and fast tracking yourself to the top coaching Licence is the only requisite you need to become a decent a manager, the same as Moshiri obviously did but being a player at the top of your game doesn't very often make for a good manager, there's no greater substitute than learning your trade from the bottom up, than trying to learn whilst on the job.  So once again I will repeat myself I never said Ferguson should be given the managers job for the same reasons I said Lampard a year ago shouldn't have been given the job, but as a coach and not a manager because I never mentioned manager, Ferguson has more experience and coaching badges than Lampard at coaching you didn't agree with that statement so that's why we are where we are now, and will remain, because I'm not going to backtrack on my position that Ferguson has more experience of coaching than Lampard.