IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Get back...nows not the time for tongue in cheek 👊🏼 We're all on edge here waiting for the next best thing to Pep to be announced...

Obviously, he got 2 likes so the no humour police 👮‍♂️ are out in force on this particular topic, I think I won’t pass go and just go straight to jail. 

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Out of curiosity, which hire would not have been a roll of the dice?

For us in the recent past: I'd say Fat Sam (guarantee for safety), Roberto (turned out as you'd expect) and Carlo.

Current Prem managers: Conte, Tuchel, Gerrard, Klopp, Moyes, Pep, Rodgers. These are not rolls of the dice and are giving what you'd expect or more in terms of team output.

We just seem to be clinging on with hope.

Guess I'm just fed up of being here again, and likely again in 9mths time or being happy breaking into top 10 again.

I'm not a glass half empty - just not feeling it with Lamps.

17 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Given the players listed, I'd say Gomes' time at Everton is as good as over. Will he be transferring out in this window, I wonder?

I suspect there’ll be a few surplus to requirements. 

Depending on who comes in. I’d wager 2 x definite:

Rondon

Townsend

Potential others:

Iwobi

Keane 

17 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Given the players listed, I'd say Gomes' time at Everton is as good as over. Will he be transferring out in this window, I wonder?

I doubt it with Doucoure and Davies out for another six weeks.  Might be bgammin  Sp  that might be shipped out.

17 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Clement as assistant...thats fuckin strong that. Like it.

Definately someone very experienced to support for him. Which can't be a bad think for a young manager.

I read Ancelloti's book (when i liked the fella) and he could not speak highly enough about him. 

3 hours ago, Cisk said:

For us in the recent past: I'd say Fat Sam (guarantee for safety), Roberto (turned out as you'd expect) and Carlo.

Current Prem managers: Conte, Tuchel, Gerrard, Klopp, Moyes, Pep, Rodgers. These are not rolls of the dice and are giving what you'd expect or more in terms of team output.

We just seem to be clinging on with hope.

Guess I'm just fed up of being here again, and likely again in 9mths time or being happy breaking into top 10 again.

I'm not a glass half empty - just not feeling it with Lamps.

Well nobody guarantees safety (even Fat Sam). I don’t personally think we were actually in a serious relegation fight that season and we played incredibly uninspired football under him. 

My point was which manager would come to us mid- season and not be a “roll of the dice”?Nobody on your list qualifies. I get having some trepidation with Lampard, I do as well, I’m just saying that anyone we got would have been similar or worse in that way.