IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It only makes sense because he’s the best of a poor selection who were interested, I’m 100% behind him as I was Benitez Ancelotti Silva ect, I’m not sure how it makes sense, 6 months ago he got 2 votes when we were all given 5 votes to spread around the managers in the poll, one was mine as my first choice and can’t remember the other person or whether it was his 1st or 5th choice, so what has he done in the last 6 months to make him now the number 1 choice that makes sense. 

I voted for him after Rafa had gone. I’m happy tonight. 

Anthony Barry is from Liverpool and was on our books as a youngster (same time as Rooney). He didnt quite make it as a footballer but have been reading he is very well thought of as a coach and is even future management material. Him actually coming to the club with Lampard could be quite significant in the long run.

So I am guessing Barry is a toffee. This would bringing a bit of freshness to the coaching. So i am very much hoping he will be coming as well as Lampard. 

35 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

If Duncan goes, is there anyone left in the club they knows the players? It does seem like we need a clearout and a rebuild, but who's actually left in terms of knowledge of the players? Who is going to be Lampard's advisor on the players knowing that we need to turn things around ASAP? 

Hopefully nobody. Let him and his team make those judgements for themselves. Fresh slate. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

This is a decent watch, and this swayed me into wanting him a few weeks ago. Nothing mind blowing, just seems like a good bloke, who knows the game and doesn’t take himself too seriously, while still ambitious. 

Warming up to him for sure. As player he’s been at the very top and reached that level by being an outstanding progressional. 

I hope the players that don’t meet his standard of professionalism are moved on quick smart and I think there could be a few.

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Shame you didn’t have the conviction to vote for him before Rafa joined you might have been happier 7 months ago. 

I couldn’t tell you who I voted for back then, but I’m not sure if you know this, my vote for a manager on TT doesn’t lead to their employment at the club. 😂 They still would have picked Rafa regardless of my vote and we still would have lost all those games. 

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Anthony Barry is from Liverpool and was on our books as a youngster (same time as Rooney). He didnt quite make it as a footballer but have been reading he is very well thought of as a coach and is even future management material. Him actually coming to the club with Lampard could be quite significant in the long run.

So I am guessing Barry is a toffee. This would bringing a bit of freshness to the coaching. So i am very much hoping he will be coming as well as Lampard. 

Done some reading on Barry, I’m very hopeful we get him.  Sounds like he’s massively respected in the game and touchel loves him.   

lampard took him to Chelsea so it’s likely the lad will follow him here. Steve Holland for assistant. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Done some reading on Barry, I’m very hopeful we get him.  Sounds like he’s massively respected in the game and touchel loves him.   

lampard took him to Chelsea so it’s likely the lad will follow him here. Steve Holland for assistant. 

My dad saw an interview with or about Barry a while ago and I’ve been looking out for his name - will be a top class appointment if we can get him here. Talk of Holland and Edwards (youth coach) too - say it quietly but we may actually be putting together a coherent set-up. I’m certainly on-board with Lampard’s appointment especially if he brings a good team.

All that would be missing would be Ashworth in the summer… 👀

Final point… Cahill doesn’t come under jobs for the lads for me - he’s gone and done loads in world football since retiring - he seems a smart ‘savvy’ bloke as it is but really think he’ll be an asset.

Well if it’s true that Ferguson and hopefully Unsworth are gone and we are eventually cutting all ties with what hasn’t worked for decades, I’m more than pleased, we needed to get rid of the mentality that failure is acceptable if you have a longstanding relationship to the club. Now we just need to oust that mentality from some of the board members by firstly removing Bill as Chairman, and giving him a life time membership in the director’s box with Gym privalages thrown in. 

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Final point… Cahill doesn’t come under jobs for the lads for me - he’s gone and done loads in world football since retiring - he seems a smart ‘savvy’ bloke as it is but really think he’ll be an asset.

I agree, Tim Cahill, was a great Everton player, but did have limitation and was not considered World class. However, he has managed to get himself a global presence as his own brand - Played in US, China, Australia and India. 

Everton need to be a little more 'Cahill' like when it come to shouting about the Everton brand around the world and start to punch above our weight. 

more modern football 'savvy' people is what we need in footballing strategies, and less out of touch Kenwright types trying to drive us forward. 

I would assume even though there has been no official announcement that Lampard has been told a day ago that it’s is position, if not it would be ridiculous he may need to find a couple of players and time is running out, or maybe who ever gets it has already been told there is no money available to bring fresh players in, but what ever the outcome why do we to go to the wire with every decision we make, our board are so weak when it comes sticking their necks on the line, which is a result of having no clear plan or idea how to formulate a coherent plan, they are like Ducks 🦆 great at looking serene and controlled on the surface but underneath you know they are frantically paddling to stay above water. 

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

It's not illegal if it is in the code of conduct.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-fine-list-photograph-late-training-a9200861.html?amp

plenot of example of fines for conduct. Kane was fined for missing training.

If it’s a ‘code’, then it’s not the law, you are under no compulsion to pay it. If they imposed that in your workplace: £100 if you are late, and compelled you to pay, they’d be in the real shit.

Even in the military, where being late, minor transgressions etc can result in stoppages of pay where they break the regulations, it requires an orderly room (effectively a mini court room) with transgressor having the right to request court martial, even for those minor offences: a fine can’t just be imposed. Because that would be unfair and illegal. 

When Rafa was sacked I was firmly in the Dunc til end of season camp. What we’re seeing makes that look foolish. I’m incredibly encouraged by what’s happening. If this comes off it means moshiri isn’t owned by Kia, Frank has laid down a marker on day one by getting rid of Dunc. Barry is by all accounts an amazing coach and the toffee connection I still think is critical for our club. Cahill is my favorite footballer ever so having him around will be outstanding but beyond that it means Moshiri is still trying to get the DoF model right. Even if it’s not Tim directly there are more voices being heard. Is it possible we’ve actually become a club we can be proud of again?

P.S. I love Dunc, I think we all do, but it’s absolutely time for him to move on. I wish him all the best and hope he wins every game he manages except any against us. 

1 hour ago, badaids said:

If it’s a ‘code’, then it’s not the law, you are under no compulsion to pay it. If they imposed that in your workplace: £100 if you are late, and compelled you to pay, they’d be in the real shit.

Even in the military, where being late, minor transgressions etc can result in stoppages of pay where they break the regulations, it requires an orderly room (effectively a mini court room) with transgressor having the right to request court martial, even for those minor offences: a fine can’t just be imposed. Because that would be unfair and illegal. 

It’s not enforced by the club, and as stated at the bottom the money is for charities and team activities, it’s not the club taking the money back, it will go into a pot looked after by the players. It will cover Christmas parties, tips for the training ground staff at Christmas and thousands will go to charities. This happens at every club. Normally handled by the club captain. Players expect it and follow it. There will be no compulsion to pay up, but if you don’t and the rest of your team do then I’d expect that player to quickly become an outsider and to leave the club with a bad reputation. 

It’s not the same as when a player is fined by the club, which will be written into their contracts for breaches of club rules and bringing the club into disrepute. 

12 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

P.S. I love Dunc, I think we all do, but it’s absolutely time for him to move on. I wish him all the best and hope he wins every game he manages except any against us. 

I love his love and passion for our club, if he is on the move, it could be good, time for him to step up and get a managers role and earn his stripes, and then if he’s successful he would be in a better position to come back and manage us.

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

You need to read some of the other Everton sites not everyone is behind Lampard, and a run of 3 or 4 bad results and that will grow. Personally I will back him as the manager but for me he is not the right man this is too big a task for someone of his experience to take on. 

This would be true of any manager we could realistically get  though, including Dunc or Rooney. Can’t make all the people happy no matter what you do. For me, Rafa wasn’t really given a chance (no budget injuries etc..). Whoever is next I hope gets an opportunity to put his stamp on the club before he’s judged. The carousel must stop. 

49 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

This would be true of any manager we could realistically get  though, including Dunc or Rooney. Can’t make all the people happy no matter what you do. For me, Rafa wasn’t really given a chance (no budget injuries etc..). Whoever is next I hope gets an opportunity to put his stamp on the club before he’s judged. The carousel must stop. 

There's a big difference between the two. Benitez was in the twilight of his career and had no real incentive to succeed. In contrast, Lampard is a young manager with everything to prove, and you can be very sure he'll have a plan in mind to succeed from the get-go. He'll make mistakes, as does everyone, but I'm sure we're going to see a manager who's determined to succeed.

I am extremely envious of what Chelsea seem to do with their youth set up and how they bring endless players through their academy.  Lampard is Chelsea to the core and will have a very good understanding of what Chelsea have in place over the past 10 years or more.

I am sure he will have plenty of ideas to enthusiastically share with whoever our new director of football may be. He could actually be a very good appointment - as much for helping our club modernise, as I think we have dwelled on the past for far to long . We are a 'Grand old team', but more importantly we really need to be a 2020's team, otherwise Evertonian's will simply become a rarer and rarer species.