IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

19 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Fuck me, it's gonna be Pereira isn't it

Honestly why do people want Lampard? I don't buy the "he knows the league" argument. Truth is Pereira doesn't look qualified for this job, but at least has some level of experience and actual trophies in his CV. Lampard hasn't won a thing. His managerial experience is next to none. It's a difficult job he's facing here. There's nothing that suggest he could do better than Pereira. I am huge fan of his footballing talent and perhaps he will turn out to be fantastic manager, but we are in a very difficult situation and there's zero evidence he is capable to turn things around in a short manner. At this point I would much rather chose between Rooney and Duncan. At least they have sentiment towards the club and surely know the league as well.

12 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Used to walk past Merrist Wood on my way to school.

Haha another hijacking of a TT thread 🤣

Probably not the same school and looking at google the place no longer exists as a school but; come down Salt Box Lane and turn right to Worplesdon there was a school and field on the left (before you got to the road splitting); thet's where I scored my first ever "competitive" goal, went in off my knee from a corner, remember total shock and being a little scared when the bigger guys jumped on me😂

23 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Honestly why do people want Lampard? I don't buy the "he knows the league" argument. Truth is Pereira doesn't look qualified for this job, but at least has some level of experience and actual trophies in his CV. Lampard hasn't won a thing. His managerial experience is next to none. It's a difficult job he's facing here. There's nothing that suggest he could do better than Pereira. I am huge fan of his footballing talent and perhaps he will turn out to be fantastic manager, but we are in a very difficult situation and there's zero evidence he is capable to turn things around in a short manner. At this point I would much rather chose between Rooney and Duncan. At least they have sentiment towards the club and surely know the league as well.

Not interested in a manager because he hasn’t won anything as a manager. But wants to chose between Rooney or Duncan, who have both won? Fuck all! 😂

Seen so many posts on here and social media with the likes of “Lampard has done nothing, I want Big Dunc”. Just makes me laugh!! 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Not interested in a manager because he hasn’t won anything as a manager. But wants to chose between Rooney or Duncan, who have both won? Fuck all!

You're entitled to laugh as much as you wish, but you did not get the point. I don't want them. I said I would rather have them over Lampard because of the reasons I mentioned. Pereira isn't my favorite either. I'm quite upset that the choice is limited between the two. I don't get why people favor Lampard оver Pereira though. The sole reason they point out he knows the league is аpplicable to a number of retired football stars who are at the beginning of their managerial career. Is he capable to save us from relegation? Why is he better choice than Pereira, Rooney and Duncan? Why aren't we calling Ole?

3 hours ago, Haiku said:

You're entitled to laugh as much as you wish, but you did not get the point. I don't want them. I said I would rather have them over Lampard because of the reasons I mentioned. Pereira isn't my favorite either. I'm quite upset that the choice is limited between the two. I don't get why people favor Lampard оver Pereira though. The sole reason they point out he knows the league is аpplicable to a number of retired football stars who are at the beginning of their managerial career. Is he capable to save us from relegation? Why is he better choice than Pereira, Rooney and Duncan? Why aren't we calling Ole?

Lamps did an excellent job with Chelsea under similar financial constraints to the ones here. He was not so good when forced to integrate a load of superstars that he didn’t necessarily choose. He was the catalyst behind Mason Mount (at derby then Chelsea). He got to a cup final and finished 4th in the league. Yes Tuchel came in a did much better….but I am not saying Lampard is the best manager in the world. He knows his reputation is at stake….screw up here and that’s a massive stain right on the back of how it ended at Chelsea….the major downside is he has never been in a relegation scrap (even as a West Ham player)…but then again Vitor P has been and he fucked it up.

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

Agree in general, we're paddling in a very shallow pool here.

I'd prefer Lampard over Pereira, but pretty bloody embarassing that we (seemingly) haven't spoken to any of the more credentialed managers available.  Maybe they've just flat out refused to entertain us a possibility at all...

Ferguson was a shit manager once upon a time because he had no experience.

Were not a club that world class managers aspire to manage one day. We need to treat managers like we should players. Find one that has the right attitude and drive to succeed…. But needs a chance to show it.

I think with Lampard we would be going down the road of a young english/british manager, rather than bringing an import and just assumimg they will be better. 

I think an up and coming british manager would suit us better - not sure Lampard is the right fit, but he might be a step in the right direction. Best of modern british would suit me as our MO. 

One of Evertons problems is we can be a bit old fashion, we need to get up to speed of the 2020's football. 

Lampard is well respected, he will attract players, good young player who will know who Lampard is and that he will put them on the pitch. 

What we have hope is that he developes from a 'prospect' in to a very good manager. 

Lampard as a person/footballer seems to have right attributes to be a good manager. 

9 hours ago, Haiku said:

The main reason I now want Lampard over Pereira is that he isn’t being put in place by Kia. And I want fuck all to do with him at the club. 

I feel sorry for Pereira. I think at the beginning of the season, had he been available it would have made sense (more than Rafa), and the fans would have given him a fair chance (more than Rafa). 

To have him now stinks of cheapness, grifting and ignorance: on the part of Moshiri. And that’s not Pereira’s fault. I don’t doubt his passion for the game or to be our manager, but at this stage and in our situation that is not enough. He’s been put in a bad position and essentially made to beg for the job in public, in a foreign language, at the worst time. He’s lost credibility before he even got the job. Again: Moshiri’s fault.

One positive is that it appears so far that the fans have made a difference - so far. I have no doubt they had toffees kept quiet Vitor would already be installed. Moshiri might still do that anyway, cos he’s a nutter, but if we do get Lampard (who is probably the best option right now), it will be in part down to fan pressure.

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think with Lampard we would be going down the road of a young english/british manager, rather than bringing an import and just assumimg they will be better.  

Initially, when I read your post, I experienced Blackadder Syndrome (the lawyer scene):

I think with Lampard we would be going down...

...the road of a young english/british manager.