IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I see no reason why any supporter won't get behind this at all.

You need to read some of the other Everton sites not everyone is behind Lampard, and a run of 3 or 4 bad results and that will grow. Personally I will back him as the manager but for me he is not the right man this is too big a task for someone of his experience to take on. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You need to read some of the other Everton sites not everyone is behind Lampard, and a run of 3 or 4 bad results and that will grow. Personally I will back him as the manager but for me he is not the right man this is too big a task for someone of his experience to take on. 

I’m 💯 behind this appointment. He wasnt my first choice but it makes sense. I wonder who he will bring in!!

5 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I’m 💯 behind this appointment. He want my first choice but it makes sense. I wonder who he will bring in!!

It only makes sense because he’s the best of a poor selection who were interested, I’m 100% behind him as I was Benitez Ancelotti Silva ect, I’m not sure how it makes sense, 6 months ago he got 2 votes when we were all given 5 votes to spread around the managers in the poll, one was mine as my first choice and can’t remember the other person or whether it was his 1st or 5th choice, so what has he done in the last 6 months to make him now the number 1 choice that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

It only makes sense because he’s the best of a poor selection who were interested, I’m 100% behind him as I was Benitez Ancelotti Silva ect, I’m not sure how it makes sense, 6 months ago he got 2 votes when we were all given 5 votes to spread around the managers in the poll, one was mine as my first choice and can’t remember the other person or whether it was his 1st or 5th choice, so what has he done in the last 6 months to make him now the number 1 choice that makes sense. 

Believe me this is a great appointment and if Ferguson is gone it’s even better. Fresh first team coaching staff! Lampard won’t take no shit off the board. It’s a great appointment 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

In which case they're not behind Everton are they? Once the appointment is confirmed everybody should be behind him, whatever their personal opinion; no issue with people thinking he's not the right appointment but if/when he is given the job every sane Blue will want him to succeed.

That doesn’t happen with Everton in reality yet I agree that should happen, Benitez is good evidence that not everyone got behind him from the off. 

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

In which case they're not behind Everton are they? Once the appointment is confirmed everybody should be behind him, whatever their personal opinion; no issue with people thinking he's not the right appointment but if/when he is given the job every sane Blue will want him to succeed.

Not a dig at Romey/Benitez? 🤣

Just now, Palfy said:

That doesn’t happen with Everton in reality yet I agree that should happen, Benitez is good evidence that not everyone got behind him from the off. 

Those against were pretty quiet after the fast start to the season.

Just now, Gwlad all over said:

Not a dig at Romey/Benitez? 🤣

Mark separated manager and club, he'd have been delighted if we'd done well, he'd just not have referenced Benitez or given him any credit.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Mark separated manager and club, he'd have been delighted if we'd done well, he'd just not have referenced Benitez or given him any credit.

He’d have got credit but not a chance I’d have used his name. Still haven’t done it even after we fucked him off :lol:.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But they still weren’t behind him Mike no matter how you dress it up, you’ve been an Everton supporter as nearly as long as me and this has been the worst 6-7 years I’ve endured as an Evertonian, we go on about Mike Walker as much as that was bad I never felt as depressed as I do now being an Everton supporter, I think we are for ever destined to have a split in the fan base when comes to managers whether there good or bad, getting behind the manager isn’t considered as a requisite of being a team supporter anymore, to many are full of their own shit to not back the manager and put their personal grievances to one side, and that’s why Lampard isn’t and won’t get full backing. 

17 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Happy with this. My optimism is cautious but nevertheless this is the most positive I've felt as an Everton fan in a long time. 

This speaks to how far we've fallen more than anything. 

Lest I remind everyone again, less than a year ago we were in touching distance of the champions league places and beating the shite at Anfield

Let me hold up my hand and admit that I was NEVER behind the appointment of Benitez - not because he formerly managed the Reds but because he's simply not a good manager. Many times I reiterated his three primary faults, and I stand by that assessment. Early in the season, I know some were frustrated that I gave no praise (except to express surprise that we were not hyper-defensive), but that's because our early games were against teams we're expected to beat - and struggled even then. There's not one game this whole season - in league or cup - where I can genuinely say we dominated: So far, we haven't.

As we embark on this new era - assuming Lampard does indeed sign - I am fully behind the new manager. He's the right man for the job, will bring a more attractive and successful style of play, and we will avoid relegation: just. He has a lot to prove, and I predict that he'll throw his all into the role. Our players will see that and respond. Let's hope our owners give him the authority he needs over all important decisions to be made in the coming days. I'm confident, though, that Moshiri will back off the moment we become successful. It's in his financial interests to do so.

If Duncan goes, is there anyone left in the club they knows the players? It does seem like we need a clearout and a rebuild, but who's actually left in terms of knowledge of the players? Who is going to be Lampard's advisor on the players knowing that we need to turn things around ASAP? 

5 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

If Duncan goes, is there anyone left in the club they knows the players? It does seem like we need a clearout and a rebuild, but who's actually left in terms of knowledge of the players? Who is going to be Lampard's advisor on the players knowing that we need to turn things around ASAP? 

Someone posted in the rumour thread that Cahill is being hired on by the club, so that's one!

6 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Ferguson knew them all throughout all the different managers and it didn’t help them having him as their assistant.

7 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Baines?