IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

I'd rather a manager inspire the team than be a harsh disciplinarian: We don't need a bully. It all depends what focus on discipline means, though, and I would expect it's more about systematic training and preparation. What I like, reading that article about Kovac, is his flexibility to shift from one formation to another. Martinez did the same, setting up based on careful research of the opposing team. It implies, again, that the manager would apply discipline in preparing each game. Honestly, I didn't know much about this guy until his name just popped up, but he would seem to be an excellent choice - if he can be persuaded. (Frankly, if he's about to be interviewed, he must have some interest.) Might he be another Ancelotti, though, and jump ship when a "better option" becomes available?

Disciplinarians: Koeman, Benitez, Allardyce

Relaxed: Martinez, Ancellotti

Middle Ground: Silva

What does this tell you about the success of different management styles on how this club has performed since Moyes left? 

Management styles don't matter. The players either buy into what they are being asked by the manager or they don't.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Disciplinarians: Koeman, Benitez, Allardyce

Relaxed: Martinez, Ancellotti

Middle Ground: Silva

What does this tell you about the success of different management styles on how this club has performed since Moyes left? 

Management styles don't matter. The players either buy into what they are being asked by the manager or they don't.

This is why we need a long term strategy.

If the players don’t buy into it, then let the manager have time to find players that will buy into it. 

Keep saying it, but short term, any manager will do. Bob from Asda will do just as well as Alex Ferguson short term, as it’s the same players and attitude. Guarantee Ferguson will get progressively better over the next few matches. 

Long term we need a manager to come in as a project. Someone who has a clear vision of how he is going to change the squad and staff around him. And we need to give that person TIME.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think the long term strategy is that we buy both players and sign managers that fit the same philosophy. 

Clearly a manager will have certain ideas with players that may or may not fit as well as others but on the whole you don't want that strategy to change too much over a long period of time.

For example if the person in charge decides that they want to see Everton football club play high press, high line, dominant, attacking football then the players we buy and bring through the academy need to fit that mould. The managers we hire also have to fit the same profile. We can't go from Martinez, to Koeman, to Allardyce, to Silva, to Ancellotti and then to Benitez. 

IMO a well run club will have been scouting managers as well as players in the knowledge that good and bad managers dont tend to hang around for much longer than 2-3 years. 

Hall of fame post right there. We haven't addressed this since Moyes left and our continued unwillingness to do so leaves us in peril. 

Watching the transfer market hotting up around us and us just looking a rudderless mess and no sign or talk of anybody else coming in is making me very nervouse. 

Have we somehow managed to shoot ourselves in the foot by getting rid of Benitez in the middle of a transfer window? And thus now pretty much unable to either choose or attract the players needed. A few more players in the right place and we would have be fine to the end of the season. 

The candidates for replacement manager are not giving me optimisum. 

27 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I would expect Sharp and BB to walk as they have good reputations to protect. 

You really think they would walk? She was promoted time and time again, she’ll be loyal until she’s got a new job. Sharp has only just got this position, don’t see him walking away from it already. He’s inexperienced at board level, would he expect them to take his advice straight away? I think he’s a puppet in there anyway. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I would expect Sharp and BB to walk as they have good reputations to protect. 

You're living in a dream land. They (obviously not Sharp because he wasn't here yet) were against the hiring of the last manager and Moshiri went against them and they did fuck all. Fuck all is what they're very good at, it's probably what they're best at tbh, and that's what they'll do again.

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You're living in a dream land. They (obviously not Sharp because he wasn't here yet) were against the hiring of the last manager and Moshiri went against them and they did fuck all. Fuck all is what they're very good at, it's probably what they're best at tbh, and that's what they'll do again.

They won’t resign for the right reasons a few are enjoying the money to much, they’ve been bought by Moshiri, look at Brands made to look a dick but stayed till the bitter end until he got a payoff. There go when there pushed to go and they get something for it, they won’t be going as some high gesture for the concern of the club, like some of our players they just go through the motions to be able to pick there money up, I don’t really have a problem with that over 50% of the country will do the same, but let’s not get into the semantics that they are riding a charger with swords drawn to just do the right thing for Everton firstly and lastly there hear to pay their bills.