IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I wanted him before Benitez got the job said so a few times if you care to look, and got shot down by everybody who cared to respond to my posts, unbelievably some of them are now possibly touting for him now, as long as you know there’s a hell of a lot of people on here with short memories Steve you can pretty much say what you want because it won’t be remembered, most can’t even remember what they said so to think there going to remember what you said isn’t going to happen😂

Sorry - what was that you said?

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

You're quite right - and I omitted the word 'Prem' when I wrote that (spotted and changed it a minute later, but you were just too fast). I have to confess that, with age, I omit words all the time and have to go back and edit.

I know the feeling, wisdom comes with age but concentration goes slightly. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Another one who boasts of managing in China! The guy's record is poor, and it's scraping the barrel when a quoted highlight is being "Villas-Boas’s assistant".

Not saying he is the man for the job but how can you say his record is poor ?

2 League titles and a super Cup with Porto

Won the title and the Cup at Olympiakos 

Yes he went to China, which is a red flag admittedly, but unlike Benitez he was successful there as well ( won the league and cup) 

We’ve won fuck all in 25 years so I think his record looks pretty good in comparison tbh 

12 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yes he went to China, which is a red flag admittedly, but unlike Benitez he was successful there as well ( won the league and cup) 

We’ve won fuck all in 25 years so I think his record looks pretty good in comparison tbh 

I don’t really have a view of him as a manager but it is a concern that it’s Kia Joorabchian (spelling?) pushing this one.

We need him as far away as possible from this club but it seems he’s getting more comfortable by the day and that is a big worry. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t really have a view of him as a manager but it is a concern that it’s Kia Joorabchian (spelling?) pushing this one.

We need him as far away as possible from this club but it seems he’s getting more comfortable by the day and that is a big worry. 

It’s very worrying - he seems corrupt as anything.

Wasn’t he the man who pushed Iwobi onto Moshiri? That alone is enough to bring a relationship to an end… unless of course he can palm Iwobi off elsewhere…

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It’s very worrying - he seems corrupt as anything.

Wasn’t he the man who pushed Iwobi onto Moshiri? That alone is enough to bring a relationship to an end… unless of course he can palm Iwobi off elsewhere…

He’s also behind the El Ghazi move.

I understand it can be beneficial to be close to some of these super agents but there’s just something not right about this. 

He’s flying to England to sign the contract tomorrow apparently.

Personally, I think this is the sort of appointment you make in the summer so if it goes tits up, like these sort of gambles can, it’s not utter ruin. As it is we’re already close to the point of no return…

This is either going to be catastrophic or a master stroke… please be the latter!

25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I understand it can be beneficial to be close to some of these super agents but there’s just something not right about this. 

Seriously I have no idea how a Moshiri has amassed such wealth if he allows himself to be influenced in the way he does by people around him. 

On the manager note - Most the names mentioned are no where near experienced enough for what needs to happen here. I like Martinez but it’s to hostile for him - he will need to start winning games from the start or else it will be horrible, way too risky.

Niko Kovac is the best option in my opinion but Moshiri needs to stay out of the day to day running of the club and let him do his job. Unfortunately for us fans we may need accept mid table finished for the next few season while we re build some form stability. 

Many outlets saying Perriera is almost done - only a contract to sign. If true, this fella needs to make an instant impact as I’m shitting myself about how badly this could end up. Going down is not an option with our £££ already and the commitment to the stadium. Maybe I’m overreacting but this seems really bad!

He is a name I am familiar with as I remember putting £50 on him at 40/1 before Martinez got the the job back in 2013. He was interviewed back then before Moshiri was involved in the club. He was again on the radar before we brought Silva in. 

Can't say his appointment is floating my boat now - his only job in a 'major' footballing country was in Germany (although in their second division) and it ended in relegation. 

just read he likes counter attacking type of football, so that would fit in with what Benitez was trying to get this squad doing, so in the very least it not a total change in direction or tactic with only half the season left. 

I have done a fair bit of reading about Pereira and I think there is some hope about him. There is certainly some positives in his style of football and it sounds as though he has improved players under his management. 

There is also an element of Mourinho about him. He can be disruptive, he probably wont be particularly endearing to the fans and even if he comes in and is an early success, it looks like he wont be here for much longer than a couple of seasons. When the wheels fall of he doesn't seem to find a way to put them back on. 

17 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have done a fair bit of reading about Pereira and I think there is some hope about him. There is certainly some positives in his style of football and it sounds as though he has improved players under his management. 

There is also an element of Mourinho about him. He can be disruptive, he probably wont be particularly endearing to the fans and even if he comes in and is an early success, it looks like he wont be here for much longer than a couple of seasons. When the wheels fall of he doesn't seem to find a way to put them back on. 

Well no fucking use to us then the wheels have already come off. 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Exhibits 1 and 2: TSV 1860 Munich and Al Ahli Saudi. He was fired from Fenerbahce twice. Won the league with Shanghai, for sure, but what a pitiful league. He has no knowledge whatsoever about the Premier League. His appointment would likely become a farce.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Neither El Ghazi nor Iwobi (unless he was previously) are a part of his stable, what's the benefit to this Kia in pushing someone else's players?