IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

I don't know who I want out of the available candidates. I think Dunk has worked under various managers and one great one in Carlo. He loves the club and knows the players.

Rooney has started to show his worth at Derby, but does not know our players.

Lampard did ok at Derby and well at Chelsea in his first season, second season not so much. We would play good football under Lamps.

I don't know, I think I would like someone who knows us, gets us and can motivate the players, we don't have time to have someone who is going to take time to get team.

I also want someone that plays 3 in midfield as I am sick and tired of our midfield getting outnumbered and chasing shadows.

47 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The highlight of his managerial career to date is that he managed a team in the Chinese second tier? That's equivalent to John O'Groats Juniors.

But he won the Ballon dor as a player so Moshiri will be flanneled by his agent and will think he can walk on water. Would it be a suprise if somebody wooed Moshiri in to it. 

The man Everton should be going for.

What are Celtic fans saying about Ange Postecoglu?

“Grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and pulled them in his direction by sheer will..

Love the Big Man, what a guy..”

—-
“Still don’t think he’s had enough credit for winning a trophy only a few months after inheriting a * show

imagine if slippy had won league cup in his first season the media would have been in a frenzy about it fir months afterwards “

—-

“Yes, it's time to move on from 'I told you so's" and 'egg on face' and 'humble pie' etc 
The * response to Ange's appointment was entirely understandable given the timing and all that had a gone before.

A couple of additional points:

There are quite a number of positives that flow from Ange being unknown and coming from non European football management background...

• He has had to manage on much smaller budgets and so, as he is beginning to demonstrate, he can spot a player bargain. All of the signings so far this window have real potential to substantially increase their value while at Celtic. His 'buy low/sell high' approach is likely to net Celtic big transfer sums in the future
  • He has had to manage with much less in the way of backroom staff so he is more used to doing a lot of things himself. He seems to have his hands on a lot of levers at present, and the Board, to their credit, now seem willing to support him. That will probably change over time.

Ferguson, meanwhile, told evertontv yesterday that his role is only short term.

“I'll only be in charge for the upcoming games," he said.

“The Club are in a process of going through their candidates. They will go through that process and I am sure they will get the best man for the job.”  

That's one less thing to worry about, but seeing as Ferguson in charge for longer isn't even our worst option any longer reading that has not made me as happy as it should :lol:.

I've no doubt Rooney will get his chance here at some point. But what he's doing at Derby at the moment is surely a potential massive fairytale he can't abandon half way through. He'll be in dreamland at the moment. Saying that, I said benitez would stay and he got sacked 2 hours later so we'll announce Rooney at lunchtime I imagine. 

4 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

I've no doubt Rooney will get his chance here at some point. But what he's doing at Derby at the moment is surely a potential massive fairytale he can't abandon half way through. He'll be in dreamland at the moment. Saying that, I said benitez would stay and he got sacked 2 hours later so we'll announce Rooney at lunchtime I imagine. 

He may not have any choice about staying - they're very close to being liquidated.

So when we went for Moyes, he was relatively unknown and Manager at Preston NE and also hadn't won anything.

However, I think I'm right in saying he was the youngest person at the time to have completed all their coaching badges, studied coaching methods from many different sports and all over the world. He was very highly regarded in coaching circles as very detailed and very likely to become a coach at a major club at some point.

We've been down the "proven" experienced manager route a few times now and it hasn't worked out. Mainly  in my view because these managers had success at big clubs at a time when you could buy the best players at will players from "lesser" clubs - because these clubs needed the money to survive. In the modern game, this is less of the case.

I understand why fans want the likes of Rooney to manage us, bringing passion for the badge to the club and players. What I don't see is any evidence of his amazing coaching ability, or being able to put a team together of analysts, coaching team, fitness and sports scientists that are on the cutting edge of developments to put us ahead of the competition.

Personally I'm not bothered in a name, experience or otherwise. Somewhere in the football community of trainers, coaches, agents etc. there must be an up and coming talent who lives, breathes tactics, coaching and everything related to this. 

This is the person I want - the next David Moyes - perhaps working with Ferguson or Rooney to get the passion instilled in the players.  

"put a team together of analysts, coaching team, fitness and sports scientists that are on the cutting edge of developments to put us ahead of the competition"

For me this part should be a job for a DOF though I know some managers are more interested in these things than others and have a better understanding of the roles that different people play.

Whilst I can understand managers bringing in coaches that they like working with I think a club should have key coaching staff who are the clubs own and won't leave at every manager change who are top professionals working how we want to see things develop.

Whilst i'm sure it is improving over time I doubt that most managers have a strong sports science knowledge and whilst ex players have a good knowledge of what has gone on for them at a top level club level they are just told what to do and most wouldn't have understood everything.  This is why I would ensure that we have that good set of staff in place, if a manager disagrees with the people we put in places opinions then he needs to have good reasoning for it.

5 hours ago, DavisJD said:

The man Everton should be going for.

What are Celtic fans saying about Ange Postecoglu?

“Grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and pulled them in his direction by sheer will..

Love the Big Man, what a guy..”

—-
“Still don’t think he’s had enough credit for winning a trophy only a few months after inheriting a * show

imagine if slippy had won league cup in his first season the media would have been in a frenzy about it fir months afterwards “

—-

“Yes, it's time to move on from 'I told you so's" and 'egg on face' and 'humble pie' etc 
The * response to Ange's appointment was entirely understandable given the timing and all that had a gone before.

A couple of additional points:

There are quite a number of positives that flow from Ange being unknown and coming from non European football management background...

• He has had to manage on much smaller budgets and so, as he is beginning to demonstrate, he can spot a player bargain. All of the signings so far this window have real potential to substantially increase their value while at Celtic. His 'buy low/sell high' approach is likely to net Celtic big transfer sums in the future
  • He has had to manage with much less in the way of backroom staff so he is more used to doing a lot of things himself. He seems to have his hands on a lot of levers at present, and the Board, to their credit, now seem willing to support him. That will probably change over time.

No chance he would leave Celtic after them taking a chance on him. He seems a good guy, I expect he will give them a couple of seasons at least to repay the faith they put in him. 

I didn’t think I would be coming down this route when Benitez was sacked, but I actually think Rooney is the best possible option for us. Of the available candidates, I think he’s the most likely to make an impact.  

Hopefully he’d also show them a thing or two in training. 

Edited by Sibdane
Missed a period.