IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

But there are reports that Rooney would not get the respect he needs from some of the players, and I can understand that. Just a couple of years ago, he was one of the players. This has to be a concern.

Worked out ok when Howard Kendall came from Blackburn and he ended up still playing !

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Worked out ok when Howard Kendall came from Blackburn and he ended up still playing !

Seven year gap though between him leaving and coming back so probably relatively few of the squad had played alongside him....not that I'm anti Rooney getting the job.

Ffs get Rooney back. Bring a scouser home. Rooney and Dunc together UTFT 💙

“When you here the coppers shout… ey put the candles out!!! We are the Goodison Gang!!!!💙💙

We have no manners, We bless our tanners, we are respected wherever we will go!!!

Walking down the Goodison Road, All the windows open Wide!!!

When you hear the coppers shout ey out the candles out!!! We are the Goodison Gang!!”

UTFT

Interesting that in the press conference Dunc really doesn't put himself forward for the permanent job siting the fact that he doesn't have much experience.

He also says it's his dream to manage Everton one day.

If he believes both of those things then surely it's within his gift to get himself a managerial role somewhere and get a bit of experience so that he can come back.

I like his smile at the words on playing against Stevie G.  He's well up for that fight!

26 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

Interesting that in the press conference Dunc really doesn't put himself forward for the permanent job siting the fact that he doesn't have much experience.

He also says it's his dream to manage Everton one day.

If he believes both of those things then surely it's within his gift to get himself a managerial role somewhere and get a bit of experience so that he can come back.

That's exactly what he needs to do. Go out and smash it somewhere and make it impossible for the club to ignore him and for fans such as myself to not want it to happen.

26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It does seem a bit late to be venturing out of his comfort zone but you never know. 

He’s 50 now, not that age should have too much to do with it, but it seems like those years in the sun after retiring have pushed his career back a bit. 

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

He’s 50 now, not that age should have too much to do with it, but it seems like those years in the sun after retiring have pushed his career back a bit. 

In a ladder climbing sense yes. But he seems like the opposite of the person he was before, which is why I've come to respect him and would be happy with him having a chat. Just because he's calmed doesn't mean he wouldn't go all blood and thunder if he needed (which he seems to admitted to in his interview). 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

In a ladder climbing sense yes. But he seems like the opposite of the person he was before, which is why I've come to respect him and would be happy with him having a chat. Just because he's calmed doesn't mean he wouldn't go all blood and thunder if he needed (which he seems to admitted to in his interview). 

Much happier with that, if he was still as aggro as he was in his playing days I wouldn’t even want him as interim. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Doesn’t do anything there to distance himself from it. I’m sure he’s like to finish the job with Derby but not a chance he turns Everton down. 

Yeah it definitely sounds like he'll accept the job if it's offered to him. I wonder if he will end up being interviewed, I'd imagine he would be.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Unless it’s smoke screens if Rooney wanted the job shouldn’t he have applied for it in stead of waiting to be asked if he was interested.  

It’s not like they advertise on at the job centre and you can fill in an application form 😂

In seriousness, if he was to contact Everton about the post he would likely be in breach of his contract with Derby. The state they are in they would probably sue him for it to help the finances. 

7 minutes ago, MC11 said:

The squad is absolutely terrible. Absolutely no change today from when we were under Benitez. If we dont go down I’ll be surprised. Absolutely no quality in that midfield 

Thought Allan was pretty effective after coming on, Gomes looked positive until he picked up his yellow, and Doucoure has talent he's just fallen off a bit as of late.

To say there's absolutely no quality is pretty ludicrous. There's just no depth. Hoping Onyango can continue to show quality