IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

He's been involved at Arsenal when they made a lot of poor signings. His "help" decimated QPR. Reading is another one he's been involved with and they are now a mess. He's also the guy who pushed Iwobi to us, apparently to fund some Arsenal signings.

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

I wanted him before Benitez got the job said so a few times if you care to look, and got shot down by everybody who cared to respond to my posts, unbelievably some of them are now possibly touting for him now, as long as you know there’s a hell of a lot of people on here with short memories Steve you can pretty much say what you want because it won’t be remembered, most can’t even remember what they said so to think there going to remember what you said isn’t going to happen😂

I think that’s more an indication of how far we’ve fell.

5 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Neither El Ghazi nor Iwobi (unless he was previously) are a part of his stable, what's the benefit to this Kia in pushing someone else's players?

He seems to have his fingers in a lot of pies, he's a shady character for sure and now we've gotten into bed with him it's a big concern.

It'll only be him that gets anything out of it because he only pushes for things that will work out well for him and our gullible owners looks to be eating it up.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He seems to have his fingers in a lot of pies, he's a shady character for sure and now we've gotten into bed with him it's a big concern.

It'll only be him that gets anything out of it because he only pushes for things that will work out well for him and our gullible owners looks to be eating it up.

He's also not even a licensed agent. Fucking hell.

As much as I said I wanted Lampard last year I wouldn’t take him now, we need a manager who knows how survive a relegation battle Lampard hasn’t proved he has that in his locker, and to give him the opportunity to prove he has would more than likely see us in the Championship next season. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As much as I said I wanted Lampard last year I wouldn’t take him now, we need a manager who knows how survive a relegation battle Lampard hasn’t proved he has that in his locker, and to give him the opportunity to prove he has would more than likely see us in the Championship next season. 

What if a manager is that good at winning games he’s just never been in a relegation battle? I want one of those 😂

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t know whether I’m for or against this if it happens, to be honest I’m pretty numb to all the issues we as supporters have had to deal with over the last few years. I will back who ever gets appointed this will be the appointment that decides whether we stay up or go down there will be no more chances after this one, so let’s pray Moshiri get’s it right this time. 

Pereira managerial history:

2002–2003: Padroense (juniors)

2003–2004: Porto (juniors)

2004–2005: Sanjoanense

2005–2007: Espinho

2007–2008: Porto (juniors)

2008–2010: Santa Clara

2010–2011: Porto (assistant)

2011–2013: Porto

2013–2014: Al Ahli

2015: Olympiacos

2015–2016: Fenerbahçe

2017: 1860 Munich

2017–2020: Shanghai SIPG

2021: Fenerbahçe

Can't exactly see how he's the manager to sort us out and build us back up for the long term. This is just going to be another manager bringing in a couple of players then getting sacked 6 months later isn't it. 

I am not quite sure how this is an 'antidote' to Benitez.

A Portuguese coach with no Premier league experiences what so ever. Since his Porto days he has only managed in some pretty average to poor leagues. For a manager that changes his job so often, there is a distinct lack of even half decent clubs on it. Why? 

In all honesty, looks little more than a poor man's Benitez. 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/vitor-pereira-fenerbahce-202122-tactical-analysis-tactics

Interesting read on his tactics all be it in his last job that he got sacked from after 6 months!

It seems the board had planned transfers around 4-4-2 in the 16-17 season then he decided to change to 3 at the back!

I see this but with someone shouting 3 IN MIDFIELD!

Fenerbahçe manager Vitor Pereira's lack of understanding for proper offensive strategies cost his team dearly on Sunday against Alanyaspor. The organizational deficiencies are so prominent that the team’s great physical effort falls short of securing three points most of the time.   (https://www.dailysabah.com/sports/football/fenerbahce-cannot-continue-like-this-under-clueless-pereira)

Not the ideal thing to be hearing when we are struggling to find goals currently!

One thing i worry with someone with very distinct ideas, particularly around possession the same as Martinez is that it's a risky thing to try and change to at this point in the season.  We've seen in the past how trying to make players play it around at the back too much when not used to it results in mistakes

26 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Clearly things couldn't continue under Rafa, but this was my concern if we went and sacked him. We have no plan in place for how to get out of this mess, and now I genuinely am concerned about relegation. If we bring in Pereira, we will be playing in the championship next season

Looks like we are in championship next season…. He’s in, end of season and one year option 

6 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Honest question.  Would folks rather Rafa stayed and we didn't have to pay him out or would they rather have Vitor?

Personally, I am unsure.  Both certainly would take us down. I guess with Rafa we save money?

Dark days.

100% Rafa should have stayed till the end of the season, his sacking hasn’t improved us or galvanised us it’s just proved we are a bigger shambles than we could have imagined. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I never realised we had so many crystal ball gazers on this forum. 

If you are that certain about the future, I would appreciate it if you could give me this weeks jackpot winning lottery numbers!

I would give you them but you would only think you know better and put your own numbers down, so you’re just have to remain poor😂

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I definitely do not want him now, I'll have a heart attack :lol:.

Just done a bit more research and apparently he only plays 343 or 351, and hardly strays away from this.

If he comes here it sounds like this is the formation we will implement. Also likes a high press and developing youth players.

Also likes his outside CBs to carry the ball up the field and join the attack with the CM covering him, whilst pushing his wing backs high and wide.

Just to touch on that it's difficult to see how we fit Doucoure and Allan into a 343, as well as Keane. Gomes is the type of player I'd like to see in this style, but he's not up to scratch. I don't think Mina would be too unsuited to being an outside CB, as well as possibly Godfrey and I want to say Holgate, but I doubt it.

Also our wing backs are both untested, and Coleman is passed it now. Two positions I'd imagine which are quite important in this set up.

The 2 inside forwards do suit us though with a fully fit squad, Gray and Richarlison being a good fit there.

Overall I don't think our squad is suitable to that sort of set up to be honest. It doesn't seem like a sensible appointment.