IGNORED

Frank Lampard

16 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I don't want relegation, but there is an element of truth that it may be slightly easier to build a team and playing style in a lower league. Bar the top 6 teams, there is now a cigarette paper between battling 7th and 8th or being in a relegation battle (just look at West Ham and Leiceter city, Newcastle and Fulham).

We have a weak squad offensively with DCL and Richarlison no being available to Lampard, and our problem has been not scoring goals. 

The midfield is in a massive stage of transition, with our eggs is an Onana sized basket. Having just turned 21 this young lad needs a bit of time. Unfortunately Garner has taken a knock so not really got to see him, but he will also need a a bit time.

The word 'patience' was pretty much used by every single one of us about Lampard managing at the club, but not even half way through a season lots of fans seem to have already lost them already. No manager has much of a chance at this club, if the fans lose 'patience' with him and any new young players he brings to the club (another thing lots of people have wanted to see happen)

A fair period of time, with a couple or three windows is was is really needed. 

Sorry but that's bullshit. 4 from the plethora of relegated clubs are competing to be runners up / best of the rest because they went down and rebuilt? If we go down we're falling even further behind than we already are, assuming we even come back up. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

I can’t be anymore confused by what I’m reading. 

Relegation is in no way a good thing for Everton. 
Relegation is the single worst thing that can happen to the club on the pitch. 
Relegation offers no benefits whatsoever. 
Relegation offers the possibility of the club being financially damaged beyond anything we’ve seen before, especially during a £500m stadium build. 
Relegation offers the threat of Everton not being a top tier club for decades, especially while other clubs with good investment and a good strategy solidify their places in the Premier League. 

If you sit in your seat at Goodison Park every week, spend thousands each year watching the team, pour all of your emotions into every goal we score, and you think we can benefit from going down, let’s talk about it. Convince me I’m wrong here. But I’ll start the conversation; I’m not wrong. 

This. You don't need to sit in a seat to know this, you just need a basic understanding of maths and the game. 

48 minutes ago, StevO said:

Relegation offers the possibility of the club being financially damaged beyond anything we’ve seen before, especially during a £500m stadium build. 
Relegation offers the threat of Everton not being a top tier club for decades, especially while other clubs with good investment and a good strategy solidify their places in the Premier League. 

If you sit in your seat at Goodison Park every week, spend thousands each year watching the team, pour all of your emotions into every goal we score, and you think we can benefit from going down, let’s talk about it. Convince me I’m wrong here. But I’ll start the conversation; I’m not wrong. 

👏👏👏

4 hours ago, StevO said:

I think the reasoning behind this is that many see it as the only viable option to get BK, Moshiri and the board to fuck off. If we continue to stay up and scrape by, everything will stay the same with very little improvement. Maybe it would take something catastrophic for the rot to actually be removed. 

In my heart of hearts, do I want to see Everton go down? Absolutely not. But I've definitely had the thought that if it meant getting rid of the actual problem....?

16 minutes ago, Haiku said:

why?

Where do you think the money is coming from to sack them and their staff. 
we’ve done this for the last 5/6 years all it’s done is get us deeper in debt. 
silver is already proving we made a mistake with him we have to give someone a chance to change it. 
we need what money we can generate to find players. 

I don't think anybody is saying it would be a good thing to go down or that they want us to go down.

My own comment is that we have been and are currently a decent  championship level/poor Premier league squad, and we are fucking struggling to even catch a breath in the Premier league, never mind improve - because the level is so difficult.  

All I am saying is, it's easier to develop a footballing style if you in a league in which you would be a team dominating possession with the best quality player in said league.

I think relegation would be a disaster, just like everybody else.

And would rather see us slowly claw away back up the league. But I am under no illusion, that climbing the Premiership is now more difficult than ever before as all the teams outside the top 6 are very even now financially. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I said before the World Cup that if they were thinking of pulling the trigger then it should have been done after the Bournemouth game, it would be ludicrously poor management to have wasted those 6 weeks to then only give Lampard a couple of games to turn it round before then sacking him anyway ……. So I suspect he will be gone by Monday

They'll do what they did with Benitez give him most of Jan then sack him the week before the window closes. Superb planning

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think the reasoning behind this is that many see it as the only viable option to get BK, Moshiri and the board to fuck off. If we continue to stay up and scrape by, everything will stay the same with very little improvement. Maybe it would take something catastrophic for the rot to actually be removed. 

In my heart of hearts, do I want to see Everton go down? Absolutely not. But I've definitely had the thought that if it meant getting rid of the actual problem....?

It would be like chopping your hand off because you’ve broken your finger. 

Oh how fickle. It wasn't so long ago that we could have been ahead of Liverpool. Are we now so affected by the media that we call for change after so few games? For pity's sake: progress means accepting this is a project. Our situation right now is nowhere near as dire as it was with Benitez. Let's just have a little patience.

As for relegation being supposedly a good thing, no comment. "If you can't think of something good to say, then don't say anything."

39 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Thirlwel and Lampard and his team are part of a plan to bring longer term stability to the club. Sacking Lampard now would be giving in to short term panic. We have to hold our nerve and see this through. 

Sorry, but this sounds naive. Who was appointed for anything else apart from Allardyce? We can easily find ourselves looking for stability in the second tier if we don't act immediately. Stability means steady progress and we are no better than last season.

P.S. Actually we are worse. We were sitting 14th with 18 points after 16 games last season.

9 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Sorry, but this sounds naive. Who was appointed for anything else apart from Allardyce? We can easily find ourselves looking for stability in the second tier if we don't act immediately. Stability means steady progress and we are no better than last season.

P.S. Actually we are worse. We were sitting 14th with 18 points after 16 games last season.

Stability in terms of a clear direction from the DOF, a plan for transfers as well as developing players, and a manager and coaching team that work towards an agreed playing style. 

If we sack Lampard we are on the management merry-go-round yet again with a poor choice of candidates. 

The problems of this club are not going to be solved by sacking Lampard, we need to give him and Thirwel this window and the rest of the season to sort this out. 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Stability in terms of a clear direction from the DOF, a plan for transfers as well as developing players, and a manager and coaching team that work towards an agreed playing style. 

If we sack Lampard we are on the management merry-go-round yet again with a poor choice of candidates. 

The problems of this club are not going to be solved by sacking Lampard, we need to give him and Thirwel this window and the rest of the season to sort this out. 

Again though, was that not the same as Brands before? 

Id love to know what the agreed playing style was between Thelwell and Lampard by the way because they don't seem to have bought to a plan in the last window! 

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Again though, was that not the same as Brands before? 

Id love to know what the agreed playing style was between Thelwell and Lampard by the way because they don't seem to have bought to a plan in the last window! 

Last window was plugging holes on a limited budget, Coady and Tarks in defense. Onana, Gardner and Gana in midfield and Maupay as DCL stand in.