IGNORED

Frank Lampard

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think Lampard either needs to see out the window and be given some time with the new signings or he has to be sacked before it so that a new manager has the best part of the month to put his stamp on things. 

We can't make the same mistake we did with Benitez.

Would be a bit silly I think to sack him on the basis of the Wolves, and inevitable City, losses.

We'd have been better off giving a new man the World Cup break, I think he'll be given the window.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Would be a bit silly I think to sack him on the basis of the Wolves, and inevitable City, losses.

We'd have been better off giving a new man the World Cup break, I think he'll be given the window.

Yeh I agree. 

With that in mind then, he is probably going to remain as manager for the second half of the season and lets hope he can give the fans something to get behind. 

It will be a tough one for the board though. They backed him well in the summer and things haven't improved. I doubt they will be as prepared to back him again this window. Tough one.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

It will be a tough one for the board though. They backed him well in the summer and things haven't improved. I doubt they will be as prepared to back him again this window. Tough one.

Surely the board know that without some quality reinforcements we would be doomed.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t like the complete lack of idea when going forward. Players don’t look like they have been coached. 

I’d say players look ‘shackled’ bar Iwobi. Onana is the most obvious example - I was so excited after his cameo at Villa when he’d just signed - rough diamond but going on marauding runs and creating opportunities as a result - he’s been a crab the last few games either side of the break. Gordon and McNeil too - they almost look over coached. I know we’re shit but let Onana/Gordon have the odd run - let McNeil shoot on sight - it’s all too painfully predictable and boring and easy to defend!

55 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’d say players look ‘shackled’ bar Iwobi. Onana is the most obvious example - I was so excited after his cameo at Villa when he’d just signed - rough diamond but going on marauding runs and creating opportunities as a result - he’s been a crab the last few games either side of the break. Gordon and McNeil too - they almost look over coached. I know we’re shit but let Onana/Gordon have the odd run - let McNeil shoot on sight - it’s all too painfully predictable and boring and easy to defend!

They are definitely not overcoached IMO. 

They look bereft of confidence and when they do look up they next to no options. 

Im very unconvinced by Onana playing the single pivot as he did this week. I agree that he should be allowed to break forward even if he fucks it up every now and then.

The Board have to back him, it’s as simple as that. As I said before the World Cup if they were going to pull the trigger it should have been done when he shot himself in the foot at Bournemouth 

Personally I think we have to stay the distance now and stick with him even if he takes us down

Prior to the Leicester game I was reasonably content because it looked like we had a plan and were improving, all be it with small steps

But he well and truly fucked it all up by disrespecting the fans with the Bournemouth fiasco in the cup and subsequently that sense of unity that pulled us through last season is gone

The atmosphere should have been bouncing on Boxing Day, especially after a six week break, but instead it was flat and edgy. The players feel it and confidence is now rock bottom

All we can hope for is that we pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat in January that can save our season

Bringing in yet another new manager this late will only add to the chaos

Makes little sense to keep him nevermind where do we finish. We have no improvement over last season. He was consistantly bad throughout his stint at Goodison. It wasn't him that saved us from relegation. Awful on field decisions, awful recruitment. Bringing in another manager could do nothing and we end up relegated, but a new manager could turn things aroud like Howe did with Newcastle. There's no better time to pull the triger now before it's too late. We are going nowhere with Lampard.

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t like the complete lack of idea when going forward. Players don’t look like they have been coached. 

This is what I don't get they had most of the squad to drill attacking patterns into for six weeks and they serve up that?! I wanted Lampard to work as I don't think hiring and firing is taking us forward but he isn't showing enough and his in game management is worryingly bad his tactics poor. Sadly I think unless he can win the next home match he has to go. As for transfers whoever the manager is we need two forwards minimum 

5 minutes ago, RPG said:

If we can't then I do fear that this is the season we go down and if it happens, we need to look a lot further up the food chain than FL for the reasons why!

Absolutely this cannot be laid fairly and squarely at the door of Lampard, the board of directors and the owner are the biggest reason for our demise over 7 year reign. I truly believe that relegation is coming this season and will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, we need the time and opportunity to completely strip back and rebuild for a better future, the buying of players of poor quality every season just to try and fight off relegation is becoming a huge drain on the club financially and the supporters emotionally, sometimes constantly fighting the same battle doesn't win you the war, you need to accept your losses pull back and give yourself time to rebuild and rethink your strategies, then come back more stronger and more competitive. As a fan base I think it's time to acknowledge and accept our fate, then hopefully enjoy the rebuild and better football. Personally I would love Rooney to come back and organise the rebuild on the playing side of things, and a new owner with a new board.  We can all dream I know but we need something symbolic to get away from this nightmare, and relegation could be the answer and opportunity we need. 

Nothing will change if we get relegated, other than we'll be getting embarrassed by Championship sides rather than Premier League sides.

Moshiri may very well sell up if we go down. He might not get any takers and have to stick around though. Also, Kenwright managed to hold out selling us until he found the only idiot going that would keep him around. He only gives a shit about himself and I have no doubt that he'd do his utmost to find a way to stick around even if Moshiri did go.

While that man (gobshite) has anything to do with this football club we will never be fixable. Moshiri's biggest mistake isn't hiring Steve Walsh. Or Koeman. Or even the gravy swiller. It's keeping Bill Kenwright around.

There are enough pooor teams around us for us to save our season, but the fact that we don't seem linked to anybody decent suggests the cavalry isn't going to arrive. I hate the idea of us going down and fear it would take even longer to rebuild if we did. Agree with @Palfyabout Rooney but not as antagonistic to Frank as @Hafnia. The board needs to go, though, and Thelwell, too - the Gordon fiasco and the Maupay debacle are historic fuckups.

As an aside, I would sanction the sale of Pickford if it meant we got a decent striker who kept us up.   

35 minutes ago, Formby said:

There are enough pooor teams around us for us to save our season, but the fact that we don't seem linked to anybody decent suggests the cavalry isn't going to arrive. I hate the idea of us going down and fear it would take even longer to rebuild if we did. Agree with @Palfyabout Rooney but not as antagonistic to Frank as @Hafnia. The board needs to go, though, and Thelwell, too - the Gordon fiasco and the Maupay debacle are historic fuckups.

As an aside, I would sanction the sale of Pickford if it meant we got a decent striker who kept us up.   

Lampards record quite simply isn’t good enough. I’ve given him time, the fans kept Everton up last year.  

Fans have rightly let their frustration heard, we got battered twice by Bournemouth before going to the World Cup, most fans have been watching the World Cup looking at the return to the prem like it’s the alarm clock on a Monday morning.  6 weeks of not having to worry about our shit show. 

he has badly shot himself in the foot with his interview.  Why does he call every team a “good side”, talks other teams up.   Sorry got to go.  

id have carsley. 

1 minute ago, RPG said:

The way I heard it was more that he blamed the players for altering their style of play in reaction to hearing the fans' frustration.

Nah. He is far too fan focused. Tries to manipulate us to be the 12th man and gets pissed off if we get annoyed. He was fuming that fans were pissed off after Watford away last season.

he was passively aggressively pointing the finger at fans, wasn’t happy with the booing and said wolves are a good team. 

15 hours ago, Btay said:

Back him and get a proper striker + winger in January & early in the window. 

Maupay, gordon, gray & mcniel just don’t provide any real threat. Also just are not clinical enough.

There are two points here...

1. Who are these strikers and wingers and why would they want to come here over other clubs who also need the same players (see Liverpool buying one this window already).

2. The board will look at Thelwell and Lampard and go, you want another winger and striker when we bough both in the summer and have a £50mil one on the other flank. 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nothing will change if we get relegated, other than we'll be getting embarrassed by Championship sides rather than Premier League sides.

Moshiri may very well sell up if we go down. He might not get any takers and have to stick around though. Also, Kenwright managed to hold out selling us until he found the only idiot going that would keep him around. He only gives a shit about himself and I have no doubt that he'd do his utmost to find a way to stick around even if Moshiri did go.

While that man (gobshite) has anything to do with this football club we will never be fixable. Moshiri's biggest mistake isn't hiring Steve Walsh. Or Koeman. Or even the gravy swiller. It's keeping Bill Kenwright around.

Agreed. I agree Lampard isn't doing well enough to show he deserves the time and to oversee the rebuild because what are we building toward? But he's also been dealt a bad hand we didn't have a striker going into the season, they sold our best player and replaced with average squad players . Then you look at catastrophic Benitez hire,  the financial hole we are in that necessitated a cost cutting exercise that has stripped the team from creativity and goals(Richy, James, Sig, Digne, Bernard all gone), the utter abysmal commercial performance, the only positive from Moshiri is the stadium. We won't move forward properly with this endemic mismanagement from above we need a new owner and new board look at teams like Brighton and Brentford even their organisation is producing results because they have a clear setup and scouting system. We have a mess. It's no coincidence we have had seven managers in as many years they aren't all bad it's the management from above that doesn't help, the common factor in our decline is the board and owner. We have to hope we can scrape up despite them and then get new owners once we are in BMD. I am very saddened by the shell of irrelevance the club has become. 

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't want relegation, but there is an element of truth that it may be slightly easier to build a team and playing style in a lower league. Bar the top 6 teams, there is now a cigarette paper between battling 7th and 8th or being in a relegation battle (just look at West Ham and Leiceter city, Newcastle and Fulham).

We have a weak squad offensively with DCL and Richarlison no being available to Lampard, and our problem has been not scoring goals. 

The midfield is in a massive stage of transition, with our eggs is an Onana sized basket. Having just turned 21 this young lad needs a bit of time. Unfortunately Garner has taken a knock so not really got to see him, but he will also need a a bit time.

The word 'patience' was pretty much used by every single one of us about Lampard managing at the club, but not even half way through a season lots of fans seem to have already lost them already. No manager has much of a chance at this club, if the fans lose 'patience' with him and any new young players he brings to the club (another thing lots of people have wanted to see happen)

A fair period of time, with a couple or three windows is was is really needed. 

This right here

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't want relegation, but there is an element of truth that it may be slightly easier to build a team and playing style in a lower league. Bar the top 6 teams, there is now a cigarette paper between battling 7th and 8th or being in a relegation battle (just look at West Ham and Leiceter city, Newcastle and Fulham).

We have a weak squad offensively with DCL and Richarlison no being available to Lampard, and our problem has been not scoring goals. 

The midfield is in a massive stage of transition, with our eggs is an Onana sized basket. Having just turned 21 this young lad needs a bit of time. Unfortunately Garner has taken a knock so not really got to see him, but he will also need a a bit time.

The word 'patience' was pretty much used by every single one of us about Lampard managing at the club, but not even half way through a season lots of fans seem to have already lost them already. No manager has much of a chance at this club, if the fans lose 'patience' with him and any new young players he brings to the club (another thing lots of people have wanted to see happen)

A fair period of time, with a couple or three windows is was is really needed. 

I said before we gave the job to Lampard it was to big a job for him, I felt he would lack the experience needed to turn a team around that was in the position it was, and with an owner like Moshiri and his board. I in no way hold Lampard directly responsible as the same for Benitez, the biggest villains in my opinion have been Moshiri Kenwright and Brand's, I don't think anyone will be able to save us this season, the rot is far too deep, the supporters pulled the team through last season that can't work every season, we have managed to be far worse this season than last, when many believed we couldn't get any worse, we sold one of only two or three decent things about the team in Richarlison, and replaced him with unthought about signings in McNeil and Maupay, really Thelwell needs to take a serious look at himself for being involved with those signings. 

Just now, Palfy said:

I said before we gave the job to Lampard it was to big a job for him, I felt he would lack the experience needed to turn a team around that was in the position it was, and with an owner like Moshiri and his board. I in no way hold Lampard directly responsible as the same for Benitez, the biggest villains in my opinion have been Moshiri Kenwright and Brand's, I don't think anyone will be able to save us this season, the rot is far too deep, the supporters pulled the team through last season that can't work every season, we have managed to be far worse this season than last, when many believed we couldn't get any worse, we sold one of only two or three decent things about the team in Richarlison, and replaced him with unthought about signings in McNeil and Maupay, really Thelwell needs to take a serious look at himself for being involved with those signings. 

Tending to agree now. Maybe only an experienced manager can get this lot playing 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Lampards record quite simply isn’t good enough. I’ve given him time, the fans kept Everton up last year.  

Fans have rightly let their frustration heard, we got battered twice by Bournemouth before going to the World Cup, most fans have been watching the World Cup looking at the return to the prem like it’s the alarm clock on a Monday morning.  6 weeks of not having to worry about our shit show. 

he has badly shot himself in the foot with his interview.  Why does he call every team a “good side”, talks other teams up.   Sorry got to go.  

id have carsley. 

It's weird as well because partly why so many fans have backed him is the connection he had with the fans that will helped us stay up and has kept him in a job. I like Frank but that was a ridiculous thing to say, I can see him being sacked if the next set of fixtures go the wrong way. My bet is on Dyche coming in