IGNORED

Frank Lampard

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

The last thing we need is another manager trying to sort the shit show that is on the club. 

This time last week I would have agreed, but when a manager loses the crowd it only ends one way

Maybe I’m still too angry and will see it differently once the dust settles but I want a manager who wants to win every game

So far he has pretty much had a free pass just because he is not Rafa Benitez and he was perceived as getting the club however the last 7 days have proven he doesn’t get the match going fans and I think it might just cost him his job

If we sack him the cycle just goes on and I get that but how far do we go before we call it a day?

After the Palace game I thought we had turned the corner but that’s starting to look like another false dawn 

I don’t suppose there is ever a perfect time to sack a manager but if they are going to do it the time is now, then the new manager has 6 weeks before his first game and the window opens three games games after that

I really like lampard and the profile he gives us, we attracted the likes of Onana, Coady and Tarks because of him.  He’s a very engaging bloke but tactically we are way off.

I often thought that even with our shite sides vs his Chelsea sides we tactically outmanoeuvred them. 

if thelwell is doing his job, then I’m imagining he has candidates lined up.  Then again if he was doing his job the signings of maupay and mcneil aren’t exactly a glowing reference to his decision making. 

16 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That may well be his last game, looking at the scenes here it’s safe to say he has now lost the fans and he has brought that on himself 

I don’t see how that can be considered lost the fans. Not one of those fans represent all of us. 

I don’t want rid of Lampard - the problem is much deeper than him and his team. If Pochetino or Tuchel were guaranteed replacements then I’d change my opinion but they won’t be coming here so Lampard’s got my backing.

What I will say is Martinez at 33-1 and Moyes at 14-1… wouldn’t surprise me with Kenwright/Moshiri.

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The worst thing to happen to this club in my 56 years as a supporter is Moshiri, I'll leave it there. 

Go further back… kenwright.  

had the Man City owners enquiring, staverlery was brokering the deal, he put up walls. My guess is because it was Phillip greens cash cow cos he lent kenwright the money. Kenwright failed kings dock, we would have been a permanent top 4 side with kings dock when it was in scope. 

moshiri isn’t the issue, the lack of infrastructure is the issue.  

2 hours ago, StevO said:

We can’t put the ball in the back of the net. That’s our problem. The last time we had a team who looked like they could score goals was under Carlo. 

We’ve since lost; Digne, Richarlison, Gylfi, James and DCL for the most part. 
Replaced by; Mykolenko, Gordon, Gray, Iwobi and Maupay. 
This is the biggest problem we’ve got. We’ve replaced a goal threat with, well, nothing very threatening at all. 
Teams are happy to attack us as they don’t see the threat at the other end of the pitch, so they commit more players forward on us. 

A few months back I thought we just needed a winger. We don’t, we need two wingers and a striker. 

A few months ago many of us thought Anthony gordon was gonna turn up and rip the league apart and we just needed one winger for the other side. 

Instead he turned up with a hair style like Clare Balding, wore patchwork quilt trousers, became AG10, celebrated his goals with “call me” gestures, and basically behaved like he was neymar when he was playing like a nomark. 

we now have not one word player who we can look at and think “yeah he will create something”, throw in the lack of a goalscorer and we basically look like an expensive version of Burnley. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t see how that can be considered lost the fans. Not one of those fans represent all of us. 

They don’t have to. It’s highly unlikely Frank or Moshiri will see your post in here but they most definitely heard and saw the reaction of the fans at the game

He had the fans onside but his stupidity this week has I think used up any goodwill towards him

It probably is too early to sack him, unless they had someone of the calibre of Tuchel or Pochettino lined up but I think he is now on very thin ice 

In the last ten years, we have had to suffer a lot of lows, and the odd high, normal for an Everton supporter.

We have constantly said on here, we will be better when he's fit, or when he's fit, but the truth is we were not.

After losing Richi, and DCL never being fit, the battle became even harder.

But in reality, we have a new back 4, 2 new defensive mids, new winger and new CF.

We are still in relegation dog fight, i think what Frank did in the cup game, was a huge error, he should have changed 2 or 3 players and tried to get a cup run going to boost confidence, he only managed to increase the pressure for the next game, and remember we lost over  2 games to a side below us 7-1 overall.

We have even changed the DOF again, the only thing we have not changed is, Kenwright and Moshri.

I'm not anti Frank, and he is on a learning curve, but it alarms me that other teams around us fight and work much better than us, and manage to score on a regular basis without relying on one person.

Answers on a post card please.

9 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

In the last ten years, we have had to suffer a lot of lows, and the odd high, normal for an Everton supporter.

We have constantly said on here, we will be better when he's fit, or when he's fit, but the truth is we were not.

After losing Richi, and DCL never being fit, the battle became even harder.

But in reality, we have a new back 4, 2 new defensive mids, new winger and new CF.

We are still in relegation dog fight, i think what Frank did in the cup game, was a huge error, he should have changed 2 or 3 players and tried to get a cup run going to boost confidence, he only managed to increase the pressure for the next game, and remember we lost over  2 games to a side below us 7-1 overall.

We have even changed the DOF again, the only thing we have not changed is, Kenwright and Moshri.

I'm not anti Frank, and he is on a learning curve, but it alarms me that other teams around us fight and work much better than us, and manage to score on a regular basis without relying on one person.

Answers on a post card please.

I didn't know whether to send it to Brookside or Strangeways, so I sent 2😉

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Go further back… kenwright.  

had the Man City owners enquiring, staverlery was brokering the deal, he put up walls. My guess is because it was Phillip greens cash cow cos he lent kenwright the money. Kenwright failed kings dock, we would have been a permanent top 4 side with kings dock when it was in scope. 

moshiri isn’t the issue, the lack of infrastructure is the issue.  

I can go back many many more years than that, but have never ever felt so disappointed and disgusted at the way the club has been run since Moshiri got involved. He knows fuck all about football, he thought he could just buy success, he decided to buy the players he wanted totally ignored Walsh and Brand's, then sacked them and numerous managers because they weren't successful with his team. We may not have had money under Kenwright, but we were an honest team that spent what little money we had wisely, for years we were feared by the top 5 teams in the country, now no one fears us instead they look at us as good chance for 3 points, that's not down too Lampard, Ancelotti Ferguson, Silva, Allardyce, Koeman, Martinez, Walsh, Brands, or Thelwell, it's all down to Moshiri who hasn't been seen at Goodison for nearly a year, because he hasn't got the bollocks to face the fans, and is happy to let the Chairman, Manager, and the other Directors to the flack for him, the man's an absolute coward, and he's built a team in his image, clueless with no backbone. So totally disagree with you mate Moshiri is 100% the issue. 

11 hours ago, RPG said:

Realistically, who is available that would consider coming to Everton as a manager? We are restricted to looking at up and coming new managers and hoping we get lucky or else we are looking at Allardyce or Dyche types.

Lampard and the club are just going to have to do the best they can with what they have and with each other, imho, as there would be no overall gain from sacking Lampard - unless we got extremely lucky.

The most important person at the club for the next few months is Thelwell. He has to get us a starting CF who can stay fit and start banging in the goals from day one. I think if we can sort out the attack that the midfield and defence will come good on their own. The problem is, I believe, that the midfield and defence know that we have to keep a clean sheet every game to have any chance of getting a result and that is adversely affecting their confidence, decision making and overall play.

Time to stay calm, keep supporting Lampard and to let Thelwell loose in the January window. If no changes are made to the squad in January I do fear for our survival but if we can get a striker who knows where the goal is, I still see mid table as a realistic finishing position.

Can we please knock this notion on the head that all we need is new attacking players and all will be rosy.

Despite having a largely new midfield they aren't up to scratch. The defence is losing confidence, dropping deeper and leaving space for other teams to exploit.

Tactically we are all over the place and there is very little attacking width. 

If we found ourselves creating lots of chances or attacking opportunities I would have some sympathy for the argument, but we dont. 

Furthermore I doubt we are going to convince another prolific goalscorer to come here with two rivals and a shit team and negative tactics behind him.

36 minutes ago, RPG said:

No argument that our defence and midfield are not playing well at the moment but how much of that is down to the fact that their game is affected by the fact that we have a very poor attack remains to be seen. That may explain why they are playing sideways and backwards, passes are going astray because forwards aren't showing etc.

This for me is about right, we’ve got a defence that has proven it’s pretty good, but they currently know that as soon as the ball goes forward it’s going to come back to them with interest as we’re so toothless up front, it’s no wonder they have started to drop deeper and deeper.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Latest betting

Mauricio Pochettino 5/2

Brendan Rodgers 4/1

Graham Potter 8/1

Scott Parker 10/1

David Moyes 14/1

David Moyes14/1

So good they named him twice. 😃

https://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-saint-germain--frapsg/story/4801915/ex-psg-boss-mauricio-pochettino-hits-out-at-club-recruitment-too-many-stars-caused-confusion

Good news for Poch, there'd be no stars here to manage!