IGNORED

Frank Lampard

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I don't think they were shit, I mean Iwobi has been immense in midfield, Davies has played well, but I take your point until we had Onana with a couple of games under his belt we were "Challenged" in midfield shall we say. Now with Gana and Garner, plus Doucoure and Alan to come back we have a very strong midfield.

I also think it took time for Coady and Tark and the whole back 4 and Pickford to gel, and he wanted them to have extra protection.

Yeah, they were shit. 😂

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I don't think they were shit, I mean Iwobi has been immense in midfield, Davies has played well, but I take your point until we had Onana with a couple of games under his belt we were "Challenged" in midfield shall we say. Now with Gana and Garner, plus Doucoure and Alan to come back we have a very strong midfield.

I also think it took time for Coady and Tark and the whole back 4 and Pickford to gel, and he wanted them to have extra protection.

Midfield had no legs.  By that I mean Allan, Davies, Gomes, Delph, the only one who did was Doucoure.   Lampard converted iwobi to an 8 who is looking a new player.  Iwobi Doucs and Davies was not an option, 

ths addition of Onana and Gana basically transforms our dynamics. We have players who can stop us being overrun. With garner also if gives us options. 

51 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's important that we all hold our nerve and ignore outside noise.

Absolutely, even watching on TV you can feel the connection is back with the fans. We never expect to win every game but at a minimum we demand a shift and we’re getting that from everyone.

Whats most pleasing is we tried to play football against liverpool and matched them for most parts. Not the niggling, dark arts stuff we’ve seen in recent weeks.

This for me was the first real snippet of Frank Lampards Everton and I loved it.

55 minutes ago, Btay said:

Absolutely, even watching on TV you can feel the connection is back with the fans. We never expect to win every game but at a minimum we demand a shift and we’re getting that from everyone.

Whats most pleasing is we tried to play football against liverpool and matched them for most parts. Not the niggling, dark arts stuff we’ve seen in recent weeks.

This for me was the first real snippet of Frank Lampards Everton and I loved it.

We went toe to toe with them, without a doubt. How many times have we done that in recent memory? 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We went toe to toe with them, without a doubt. How many times have we done that in recent memory? 

Exactly, I was expecting us to be time wasting from the kick off and it’s even more embarrassing than losing to them. Normally we do both anyways. 

Reminded me of the good Martinez days in a way where we tried to play our brand out football regardless of who the opposition was. I really hope that performance is a turning point.

It looks and feels like Franks plan is starting to come together, far more solid at the back and mobility in midfield, we threaten up front also, still plenty of work to do of course.

Im back to being able to look forward to games rather than dreading them, we need to accept any hiccups along the way, I’m sure we will be ok this season.

8 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

It looks and feels like Franks plan is starting to come together, far more solid at the back and mobility in midfield, we threaten up front also, still plenty of work to do of course.

Im back to being able to look forward to games rather than dreading them, we need to accept any hiccups along the way, I’m sure we will be ok this season.

We are in full “Trust the Process” mode as Frank has mentioned. In some ways we started from scratch. Will take time but it’s nice to see a clear plan and to see that plan starting to take shape on the field. The overwhelming sense under Frank for me is that, Win or lose, we are a team rather than a collection of individuals. The commitment has been noticeable.

18 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

We are in full “Trust the Process” mode as Frank has mentioned. In some ways we started from scratch. Will take time but it’s nice to see a clear plan and to see that plan starting to take shape on the field. The overwhelming sense under Frank for me is that, Win or lose, we are a team rather than a collection of individuals. The commitment has been noticeable.

This 100%. Sort the frontline out (wouldn't be surprised to see a 'hang the daft prices' January purchase of a striker) and we'll have balance and depth across the pitch.

This season will be fraught but enjoyable. 

Frank is the man.

18 minutes ago, Brazil Banks said:

This 100%. Sort the frontline out (wouldn't be surprised to see a 'hang the daft prices' January purchase of a striker) and we'll have balance and depth across the pitch.

This season will be fraught but enjoyable. 

Frank is the man.

I would say 45 points is a decent target given the slow start and the development that still needs to happen. We can do better than that but should mean surviving comfortably and then pushing on. For me, the next couple windows will be about our attack. Winger, 3rd striker (very likely a young talent) and then a creative midfielder like we tried to get in Kudus. Iwobi is solid as a creater but I see him as more box to box. It would be nice to have an option that can really pull the strings and play the right passes in the key moments. After next summer Frank should basically have the sort of team he wants and I we should rightfully be able to raise our expectations.

47 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If there was ever a TT night out, I would nominate Shukes to organise it as it would be the most random night ever.

I would probably need to bleach my brain afterwards but no-one knows what would happen, even Shukes himself! 

You know he'd forget which night it was and not turn up with the tickets, right?

18 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

“Character is a talent and a skill in its own right,” Lampard said, addressing the notion that with Richarlison gone, there is a shortage of star power in the Everton ranks. “My gut feeling is that Conor Coady was telling people what to do when he was 12 years old.

“But you have to buy it unless you are a manager fortunate enough to walk in to a club where you see people sitting in the corner who you can tap in to. If you don't see it you have to recruit it,” the manager continued, alluding to the “broken” squad, in his words, over which he assumed control at the end of January.

“You need enough players who will pass on the message of what you are trying to do. You get an hour and a half on the training ground every day but the players will spend much more time than that together. So if you have people who are passing the message on it makes your job a lot easier.

“If I ask what the plan was this summer, it was this: Can we bring more personality into the team? 'Can we be more solid at the back? Can we bring more youth that will develop and get better? I think we have done that. Now it's up to us — and me — to work and show that we are doing a good job.

“Outside the fanbase maybe there is a more casual or lazy view that Everton are big historically and should be in the top eight after the money that we spent a while ago. But it doesn't work that way.

“I am very driven and Evertonians are very driven and want to get back to where we want to be. But it's hard to set expectations because this Premier League is so challenging.

“To think we can go from a relegation battle and solve those problems in a window (is wrong). And you can't solve them in one day on the training pitch. I think Evertonians are very understanding. No one is expecting us to go to the moon.”

Good interview, where's this from?

What I like is that I can see all of those things in our signings and it is clear when you see all signings what the strategy is.  The point about expecting to get where you want to be just by spending a load of money as we have done previously is very true.  Though spending money lots of money will certainly help you get where you want to be you need to spend it on the right players, players that match how you want to play and the attitude you want in the squad.

We have all complained in the past about how the team looked a bit gutless and not up for a fight, that we looked a bit soft on the pitch etc.  I can see how that has been addressed to bring in strong characters and leaders on the field who will help as he says to push his message and to drive the team on, both off and on the field.

I really hope that we do well enough that he continues to get the backing of the fans and owners so that he can keep progressing his vision for the club.  He's still got a lot to learn tactically, particularly with in game management but he's getting the important things right for the club and I think he will quickly learn those finer points.

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Wrong club for potter, not strong enough for Chelsea in terms of the personalities in the team or hierarchy. 

Wrong club for most managers but any manager given the opportunity would take it around 8-9 million a year I assume with a 3-4 year contract who wouldn’t, under new ownership just maybe they see this as a good opportunity to bring their own man in and clear the remnants of the Abramovich era, but will be interesting to see if they follow the same model as Abramovich when it comes to hiring and firing managers. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Chelsea were wrong to sack him for what he’s done in the last few years he deserves better 

It's interesting. When he first joined Chelsea, he was given an 18-month contract - and he's been fired about 18 months later. Of course, after a successful run in the first three months, he was rewarded with a new 3-year contract. If you ask me, he was overrated during that period: His team faced a much easier schedule than Lampard's had faced just before that. There's no denying he did a decent job after that initial three months, but he's not exactly showered himself in glory this season.

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's interesting. When he first joined Chelsea, he was given an 18-month contract - and he's been fired about 18 months later. Of course, after a successful run in the first three months, he was rewarded with a new 3-year contract. If you ask me, he was overrated during that period: His team faced a much easier schedule than Lampard's had faced just before that. There's no denying he did a decent job after that initial three months, but he's not exactly showered himself in glory this season.

It’s only 7 games I think he’s a good coach very attack minded. 

10 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Good interview, where's this from?

What I like is that I can see all of those things in our signings and it is clear when you see all signings what the strategy is.  The point about expecting to get where you want to be just by spending a load of money as we have done previously is very true.  Though spending money lots of money will certainly help you get where you want to be you need to spend it on the right players, players that match how you want to play and the attitude you want in the squad.

We have all complained in the past about how the team looked a bit gutless and not up for a fight, that we looked a bit soft on the pitch etc.  I can see how that has been addressed to bring in strong characters and leaders on the field who will help as he says to push his message and to drive the team on, both off and on the field.

I really hope that we do well enough that he continues to get the backing of the fans and owners so that he can keep progressing his vision for the club.  He's still got a lot to learn tactically, particularly with in game management but he's getting the important things right for the club and I think he will quickly learn those finer points.

Not sure of the original source of the interview but this is where I read it: https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/22-23/news/42579.html