IGNORED

Frank Lampard

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Agreed with both. I don't see Frank shifting away from the 3 at the back unfortunately. Which is a real shame because I'd love to see a 3 man midfield that would allow Onana to be a bit more adventurous

If he sticks with it then we're not going to win many games, so he'll have to eventually.

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's said a few times now that Coady can play in a back 4 so I'm hoping he's getting everyone prepared for the inevitable change.

He can play it but not well.

He is a really average defender at this level. Fair play to him for making a career for himself at this level through his organisation and communication.

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He can play it but not well.

He is a really average defender at this level. Fair play to him for making a career for himself at this level through his organisation and communication.

Said it when we signed him, he's not very good at all. A leader, yes, but not a good defender.

Stuck with him now though.

He’s also impeded on Tarkowski’s game he hasn’t been near as good since Coady’s arrival, I said that I thought this pairing wouldn’t work. When Tarkowski first started he took control of the defence constantly talking and gesturing the natural leader since Coady arrived that’s pretty much gone with Coady trying to take control, a case of to many chiefs and not enough Indians, and shite horse Coady is ruining the pow wow. 

For pity’s sake, give these players a chance. They are proven in the Prem. They’re England internationals. It’s going to take a few games before their partnership is well established. Personally, I think we’re soon going to have one of the most solid defences in the league. Quote me halfway through the season if I’m wrong, not after they’ve played just two or three games together. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He’s also impeded on Tarkowski’s game he hasn’t been near as good since Coady’s arrival, I said that I thought this pairing wouldn’t work. When Tarkowski first started he took control of the defence constantly talking and gesturing the natural leader since Coady arrived that’s pretty much gone with Coady trying to take control, a case of to many chiefs and not enough Indians, and shite horse Coady is ruining the pow wow. 

You're a bundle of joy this weekend. Did someone steal your Zimmer? :)

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

So let me get this right. Coast has made it this far as a premier league footballer….. and he can only play on a back three? That’s what we’re saying haha!

Only at Everton!

He has made it this far as a PL footballer but only by playing in a back 3! 

As soon as his manager changed to a back 4 at Wolves he got dropped.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

The full video is on the BT sport app (no paywall). Pretty good if you’ve got a spare half an hour. 

I watched it, just confirms what a bright, intelligent young coach he is. He also comes across as someone who really gets the club, and has fallen for us.

So glad he is our manager, gives me hope for the future.

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

I watched it, just confirms what a bright, intelligent young coach he is. He also comes across as someone who really gets the club, and has fallen for us.

So glad he is our manager, gives me hope for the future.

And gave us his reasons behind the back five. Basically, the midfield was shit. Fixed it now though. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

And gave us his reasons behind the back five. Basically, the midfield was shit. Fixed it now though. 

I don't think they were shit, I mean Iwobi has been immense in midfield, Davies has played well, but I take your point until we had Onana with a couple of games under his belt we were "Challenged" in midfield shall we say. Now with Gana and Garner, plus Doucoure and Alan to come back we have a very strong midfield.

I also think it took time for Coady and Tark and the whole back 4 and Pickford to gel, and he wanted them to have extra protection.