IGNORED

Frank Lampard

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As much as Southgate is a poor manager I don’t want him to get the sack, because Lampard would be one of the first names in the hat to be offered the job. The FA will definitely look for an Englishman to take the role and Lampard at this moment in time fit’s the bill. 

Poc is still out of a job isn't he? Even Howe would probably be more sensible. 

Lampard may well be a future candidate but he's not done anything notable to the level of justifying his candidacy for the national job. For now. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Poc is still out of a job isn't he? Even Howe would probably be more sensible. 

Lampard may well be a future candidate but he's not done anything notable to the level of justifying his candidacy for the national job. For now. 

Hoddle got the job after managing Swindon and Chelsea and didn’t do anything notable as a player manager for both clubs, and what did Allardyce do of any note to be given the role, or for that matter Southgate, I think Lampard would be very much on their radar as a replacement for Southgate should he be fired. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Hoddle got the job after managing Swindon and Chelsea and didn’t do anything notable as a player manager for both clubs, and what did Allardyce do of any note to be given the role, or for that matter Southgate, I think Lampard would be very much on their radar as a replacement for Southgate should he be fired. 

If they were to turn to someone English I think it’d be Gerrard they looked to first before Lampard. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Why?

I’m not saying they should but I just don’t think Lampard would even be in their thinking.

I don’t think either of him would be it should be noted, but if they were looking to go down that route I think it’d be Gerrard they’d go after. He’s a darling and the media would push for him as well. There’s this weird dislike for Lampard in a lot of quarters.

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

Hoddle was a lifetime ago, the fat one is English and loved by the media for some reason. 

Rumours of Poch for the job today. 

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not saying they should but I just don’t think Lampard would even be in their thinking.

I don’t think either of him would be it should be noted, but if they were looking to go down that route I think it’d be Gerrard they’d go after. He’s a darling and the media would push for him as well. There’s this weird dislike for Lampard in a lot of quarters.

I wasn’t disputing Gerrard he will definitely be in the hat, I was wanting to know your reasoning for putting him a head of Lampard, I hope your right, but I just feel if Lampard wanted it he would talk himself into pole position. I would have gone for Potter getting it, but think he would rule himself out now he’s got the Chelsea gig, same as Howe I think he would rather stay and see what he could achieve at Newcastle. But still think wanting Southgate sacked could spell danger for us, the FA won’t be looking for a foreign manager so that might only leave Lampard and Gerrard as realistic candidate’s. 

Southgate won't get sacked, but I think he will walk after the World Cup regardless of what happens.

I think Lampard would definitely be in the running, and he would go for the job if selected I'm sure but I think the FA will probably go for someone overseas this time around. The nation has been crying out for an attacking minded manager and I think they'll have that on their mind when selecting the next candidate. The amount of English managers isn't exactly a fantastic crop at the moment and I just don't see who would fill the vacancy that would do anything of note - the only one that I'd be happy with would be Graham Potter but there's no way he's leaving Chelsea early.

54 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I really don't see Frank wanting England now. He's moulding a team which he believes can go on and achieve I hope he wants to see that through. Let Stevie G have it, I saw that Poch was linked with Villa.

Just me that finds it cringe when Evertonians call Steven Gerrard ''Stevie G?'' :lol:

12 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Southgate won't get sacked, but I think he will walk after the World Cup regardless of what happens.

I think Lampard would definitely be in the running, and he would go for the job if selected I'm sure but I think the FA will probably go for someone overseas this time around. The nation has been crying out for an attacking minded manager and I think they'll have that on their mind when selecting the next candidate. The amount of English managers isn't exactly a fantastic crop at the moment and I just don't see who would fill the vacancy that would do anything of note - the only one that I'd be happy with would be Graham Potter but there's no way he's leaving Chelsea early.

Just me that finds it cringe when Evertonians call Steven Gerrard ''Stevie G?'' :lol:

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Nope.

I prefer to call him “that twat”. 

10 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

That’s a term of endearment I would never use for that prick 😂

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Wonder how long it is since we've been able to say that. Any guesses? Under Carlo I suspect.

Yup, eight game unbeaten start to 2020/21, until we lost at.....Southampton!

Seven wins on the bounce to start and I was in hospital for all of them, came home and we drew with Liverpool and then lost four of the next five; remember offering to re-admit myself if it would've helped:D

12 hours ago, Btay said:

He’s done a fantastic job. The difference in the team from last season when he took over to now is massive.

We’ve all seen the glimpses of good football and I believe we are going to get better. It’s been a long, long time since I have felt we can hold out a lead & defend set pieces. Great job.

Pretty clear process going on. Strengthen the spine and make us harder to score on, which all but guarantees we won’t be in a relegation fight. Now look to add some more firepower at the top end.