IGNORED

Frank Lampard

On 03/07/2022 at 17:33, Bailey said:

Do you think we start with 4 at the back and a high press with either Keane, Holgate and/or Tarkowski playing... we tried that last season.

He has a lot of time to get players in and we have a few players who can play on that left hand channel so if we dont do well next season, it wont be due to the sale of Richarlison IMO. 

This assumes the players we bring in can replace what Richie gave us at both ends. We’ve never adequately replaced Lukaku up front, as one example. What he’s gotten from Iwobi and the addition of players like Gray and Myko on a small budget give me some hope the club is doing a bit better at scouting and developing lately. We shall see.

4 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

This assumes the players we bring in can replace what Richie gave us at both ends. We’ve never adequately replaced Lukaku up front, as one example. What he’s gotten from Iwobi and the addition of players like Gray and Myko on a small budget give me some hope the club is doing a bit better at scouting and developing lately. We shall see.

Don’t get too excited. Most of the people involved in the football side were sacked some time between signing Gray and Mykolenko. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

interesting comments on DCL too, again seems to be addressing certain fans :lol:

no doubt despite the player and boss explaining things there'll still be the "yeah, but..." from those who don't like the facts of the matter. 

Was very surprised not to hear him say “yeah he was a complete load of shite for 8 games and I understand fans being pissed off at him being in the media wearing skirts when relegation looked a certainty, and yeah I dropped him.  Fortunately he got his act together just in time.”

looks like he’s gone for the carrot not the stick.   I imagine his private conversation has been “I don’t give a shit what you do as long as you put the work in on the pitch, let’s move on” 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Was very surprised not to hear him say “yeah he was a complete load of shite for 8 games and I understand fans being pissed off at him being in the media wearing skirts when relegation looked a certainty, and yeah I dropped him.  Fortunately he got his act together just in time.”

looks like he’s gone for the carrot not the stick.   I imagine his private conversation has been “I don’t give a shit what you do as long as you put the work in on the pitch, let’s move on” 

Or maybe he agrees with the other side of the argument and not yours 😂
May have been a surprise to your side of the argument, I don’t think it was to the other side. 🤔

14 hours ago, StevO said:

Or maybe he agrees with the other side of the argument and not yours 😂
May have been a surprise to your side of the argument, I don’t think it was to the other side. 🤔

Maybe maybe maybe Steve. Maybe none of us actually know….. in fact I’m pretty sure none of us do.  I’m pretty sure DCL being dropped spoke more words than any interview afterwards, before or during. 

all we know is dcl was shit, was dropped, came back and tried hard. The rest of it is just words isn’t it.

I mean…. You seen all the golfers getting interviewed at St Andrews waxing lyrical about the place?  You honestly believe they all think that??? 

It is defiantly going to be a massive season for DCL, he needs to show he is the real deal and be back in the goal and playing well. Lets hope last season was a blip in his development. At 25 year old he is now reaching his peak years, he now also needs to be a leader on the pitch as we seem to be recruiting younger player to the squad.

I do think Lampard needs to get a bit of serious completion in the first team squad - I would like to see how far Simms has come since is loan to Hearts, give him 6 months in and around the first team proper.

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

It is defiantly going to be a massive season for DCL, he needs to show he is the real deal and be back in the goal and playing well. Lets hope last season was a blip in his development. At 25 year old he is now reaching his peak years, he now also needs to be a leader on the pitch as we seem to be recruiting younger player to the squad.

I do think Lampard needs to get a bit of serious completion in the first team squad - I would like to see how far Simms has come since is loan to Hearts, give him 6 months in and around the first team proper.

Pre season for me. As you said we need serious competition. Rondon isn’t that & we need someone who can really contribute off the bench or if he is injured - especially after selling Richarlison. 

Simms could probably use another good season on loan, ideally in the premier league.

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

Pre season for me. As you said we need serious competition. Rondon isn’t that & we need someone who can really contribute off the bench or if he is injured - especially after selling Richarlison. 

Simms could probably use another good season on loan, ideally in the premier league.

I would agree, loan to maybe top championship teams.  But with only Rondon really in our squad (at the moment) as a striker, I think Simms would currently get game time as maybe the 'next in line'- sub, Cup etc (unless somebody else comes in over the summer).

A few months in at the deep end of Lampard era first team squad might do him good. Then loan out in January so he goes away knowing what Frank is looking for from him as a player. Branthwithe has had this time with Frank, so can go away on loan with a good idea what will be expected of him when he returns. 

6 hours ago, Billwelshblue said:

He has every right to be furious we need players NOW

It’s ok, the board are in control of the situation…. We have currently No money to spend due to mismanagement and Ffp regulations all on the boards watch….. but they are led by the true blue Bill and under the expert stewardship of Denise, Grant and Sharpie we will be ok. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I get the feeling every thread is going to go down these lines. 

Maybe that’s because people feel that our position is very bleak and they are showing their concerns, just maybe because I do understand some think there’s nothing to be concerned about, and it will be fine in 2 weeks🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Maybe that’s because people feel that our position is very bleak and they are showing their concerns, just maybe because I do understand some think there’s nothing to be concerned about, and it will be fine in 2 weeks🤷‍♂️

Brother was there earlier today, he said there is genuine genuine concern at where we are heading. All fans there were very civil, well informed and the agenda isn’t personal…. It’s about removing a board that have failed to operate in the correct manner and have plunged us into deep trouble. 

there is genuine confusion as to why moshiri having had £700m wasted - is not clearing the decks and instilling football professionals. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But your also smart enough to realise there is a thread for this exact thing, and there isn’t a need to ruin the whole site with it? 
Or maybe not, your choice as well as mine.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

But your also smart enough to realise there is a thread for this exact thing, and there isn’t a need to ruin the whole site with it? 
Or maybe not, your choice as well as mine.

When emotions are running high I don’t think people care where they say what’s on their mind, and consider or think they are ruining anything, the club is in it’s worse position for more years than I care to remember. Yes I am smart and I thank you for the acknowledgment to the fact 😉 I should say it takes one to know one 😂

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When emotions are running high I don’t think people care where they say what’s on their mind, and consider or think they are ruining anything, the club is in it’s worse position for more years than I care to remember. Yes I am smart and I thank you for the acknowledgment to the fact 😉 I should say it takes one to know one 😂

I appreciate it thank you.

I do understand people are very worried.  But it’s Narcissitic behaviour to use every opportunity to embed a point.

Its just a bit annoying that’s all mate.

I live this club just as much as the next guy, and have found it interesting reading opinions in the Bill thread. But when I come to the Frank thread… I’m looking for a proper gunfight, but instead get confronted with a rolling pin!

25 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do understand people are very worried.  But it’s Narcissitic behaviour to use every opportunity to embed a point.

I live this club just as much as the next guy, and have found it interesting reading opinions in the Bill thread. But when I come to the Frank thread… I’m looking for a proper gunfight, but instead get confronted with a rolling pin!

So when someone makes the comment that lampard will go and lampard is angry at lack of signings….. it’s somehow narcissistic to link that opinion to the shit show that is the board? 

I think you will find that most threads are intrinsically linked at this time of year.

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s life mate I’m afraid, but I don’t wish to carry on debating where things are posted, this has been happening ever since I joined TT and before that I expect, unless of course you want to carry it on of course. But let’s be honest everybody on here has been guilty of going off topic in threads, so unless you can hold your hand on your heart and say you haven’t, then why the lecture. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s life mate I’m afraid, but I don’t wish to carry on debating where things are posted, this has been happening ever since I joined TT and before that I expect, unless of course you want to carry it on of course. But let’s be honest everybody on here has been guilty of going off topic in threads, so unless you can hold your hand on your heart and say you haven’t, then why the lecture. 

Not lecturing mate, just made a comment hoping people would take it back to the right thread….. same as lots of us do when pointed out it’s in the wrong thread.

Im very guilty of doing the same. Difference with me, is that when the mods or anyone else point it out… I generally apologise and take it back over.

I mean I’m keeping this one one on the right track aren’t I Frank!

Lampard needs to play the style of football he believes in even if it is costly in results, we aren’t going to achieve much this season so I hope he plays his style for the first half of the season, he has time to find the right blend in the players he has and hopefully we see a turn around, and if not we will still have 19 games left to revert back to fighting for our lives and playing like wankers again.