IGNORED

Frank Lampard

14 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Dunno where else to put this, probably right here is...right!

Feeling massively grateful to Lampard just now. The amount of piss taking, mockery and ignorance outside of this club just now shows how much Lampard has brought this club back to us.

They have absolutely no idea.

I'll be dead honest. Not long ago, I thought we were gone. It might have been post that Burnley game. We were struggling to score, couldn't keep clean sheets. You know the dance. I thought relegation was inevitable.

Just before that, I'd never felt so distant from the club. Rafa was running riot. The club was clearly fucked behind the scenes. You know what I mean

I'd quit my job in January and gone self employed from Feb 1st. I was just like 'I need to focus elsewhere because this is too distracting for me'. Even stopped watching games for a short while. Couldn't take it.

But the way Lampard has helped gel us all again - its worth more than any of those glory chasing plastic fans will ever understand.

And to be able to hear and see the fans united again - fuckin love that. Even getting back on here and reading the Positivity from forum legends has kept me in touch.

Feeling...all sorts today!

Cheers 🍻 

Top post. Hope you’re feeling good today! I’m pretty sure there are many of us who can relate to how you’ve been feeling. 

I’m feeling brilliant so happy we didn’t have to go to Arsenal and get something from the game, but read an article today that takes a bit of shine off it saying Leeds and Burnley together have petitioned FA and are looking at legal action because we never suffered a point’s deduction for breaching FFP rules by a huge sum. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m feeling brilliant so happy we didn’t have to go to Arsenal and get something from the game, but read an article today that takes a bit of shine off it saying Leeds and Burnley together have petitioned FA and are looking at legal action because we never suffered a point’s deduction for breaching FFP rules by a huge sum. 

Sour grapes on their part. There's nothing in this

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

City have been under FFP investigation for years, non-story.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

If there is a points deduction, it'll more than likely be next season rather than this anyway. 

I don't think it'll happen though, as the talk has been that the board have been working with the Premier League to ensure that we do comply with FFP, so it's a bit of a non-story IMO (so far).

12 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Good luck to Leeds and Burnley. Can we petition PGMOL for the proven decisions against us this season?

They love us, from a Leeds forum...

Then there is the behaviour of the club and fans, flares on the pitch, players throwing flares at fans, setting fireworks off outside oppositions hotel rooms, pitch invasions, abusing opposition managers, racially abusing players relatives, constant time wasting and feigning injuries - it’s become a disgraceful football club with horrible entitled fans. It sickens me we are going down instead of this lot and yes if we did start legal proceedings it would change nothing for us but it would help shine a light on clear rule breaking and corruption and might lead to rightful punishment for them in seasons to come.

😂

Really hope it's them that go down, those of us of an age will never forget the thuggery of the Revie era (which they celebrate with statues), taints my view of them to this day.

Horrible club.

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Love all the plurals in those accusations to make them more dramatic. One player threw one flare, we were outside on hotel room before one match...as for feigning injuries and time wasting...we are just catching up to the rest of league who've been doing these things for years. 

Fans put on a firework display for Chelsea and Brentford so 2… just trying to make them feel at home - I bet there’s always something going on in London. Ungrateful fuckers!

Due to my age, my first memories of Leeds are the unbelievable Champions League squad they had (and then the subsequent downfall). I don't mind them at all, but am well aware of their history and why they're so hated. 

I'd probably prefer Leeds to stay as they offer more to the league than Burnley do, but wouldn't shed a tear for them if they dropped (which I think they will). 

Burnley I guess would be the best team to stay for Everton too, they're always going to be a turd that doesn't flush, especially with the owners they have.

43 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

With our safety guaranteed I’d prefer Leeds stay up because they have Marsch. Other than that I really don’t care who goes down. 

The way their owners work I wouldn’t be surprised if Marsch doesn’t last the summer regardless of what league they are in. 

I think there still has to be a lot of question marks over Lampard. 

There are some promising signs but there are also a lot of doubts too.

I have absolutely no idea what next season will pan out like. I have no idea what type of football we will try and play. I have no idea what type of signings he will go for (the two he did get in albeit at short notice didn't exactly do a lot). 

The fans did so much to get the team over the line, and Lampard and the backroom staff did a great job of getting us back to basics, however I am not sure how sustainable that will be in the long term. 

I think the pre-season is important anyway, but I suspect it will be even more important this year and I really hope we can get the players in that we need as early as possible to give Lampard and Co the best chance to do well.

I now it might be too early to say, but I'm not quite sure we'll be challenging for the Premier League next season. 

Having said that, in all honesty, my yardstick for Lampard next season is to embed consistency, winning a good amount of games both at home and on the road, and above all competing in every game. A top half finish with the deadwood out an a clear team identity imprinted on the team, paving the way for further development in subsequent seasons.

The fact is we have fallen way behind in recent years and it would be foolish to think we can turn that around in one transfer window. We need a longer-term vision for the future of the club and my hope is that we can get that and a bit of stability.

I think we need to be a little patient in not expecting overnight miracles, Lampard will certainly make mistakes in the meantime, but if he can get all the jigsaw pieces to start joining up as part of the bigger picture then I think that'll be a great first step.

We’re winning the league and a cup (not on penalties). My newfound positivity knows no bounds.

But, seriously, any sort of season that doesn’t involve me being in a constant state of worry will do me. I don’t mind Everton stressing me out for good reasons (that league win and cup I mentioned) but I can’t be dealing with another season like the one we’ve just had. I’m too young to go down the Koeman route of looking like Phil Mitchell after a bender. 

Job 1 (survival) is done. Job 2 is to stabilize the club and put in place a consistent and sustainable strategy. I'd say that achieving a finish next season in the middle third of the table is an acceptable goal IF a clear strategy is by then in place. Job 3 would be returning Everton to the top tier and finishing in the top third (and hopefully in contention for European spots).

Frank may not have a proven pedigree but what he has shown he can do (which multiple managers with long CVS didn't) is to unite the club. From shared adversity comes strength. If all we/he does next year is avoid a relegation battle, but keeps the club United and Instill the consistent playing style through all levels I'll be happy. 

i don't think we saw Frank the tactician last season. I think he tried, realized we didn't have the personnel and then just relied on motivation to get us over the line. 

a full pre season, sort out the set piece crap and reduce the wage bill.