IGNORED

Frank Lampard

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

But look at how well we've done this season with barely spending a dime last summer!

How well we’ve done this season have you been hibernating over the winter, we have been fighting for our lives since January hopefully we are safe now but take nothing for granted the permutations change after every round of games. 

The poor bastard will probably have a couple of weeks away with the lovely Christine and their children and literally be camped in meetings with Thelwell and looking at every single transfer possibility in order to get this squad sorted out. 

fingers crossed we stay up but there really is a load of work to do.   

put it this way, if we survive moshiri should have no problem selling the club…. The fans and new stadium sells that for him. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

The poor bastard will probably have a couple of weeks away with the lovely Christine and their children and literally be camped in meetings with Thelwell and looking at every single transfer possibility in order to get this squad sorted out. 

fingers crossed we stay up but there really is a load of work to do.   

put it this way, if we survive moshiri should have no problem selling the club…. The fans and new stadium sells that for him. 

Yeah very true maybe some of the failed Chelsea bidders might go you know what Everton are giant in the making. 

31 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Some day in the future we'll be able to convey sarcasm across the internet without having to type *sarcasm* 😀

We used to talk about needing a sarcasm font, but sadly nowadays the software doesn't let you change font.

day one Frank came in and tried to really change the way we played - much more positive attacking football had a half  decent start, but then team slowly showed didn't really have the quality to play the ideal way he wanted to. Fair do's to him, he has been flexible enough to change the tactic as needed and we are seeing some gritty performances. 

We have to remember that a bit like Mikolenko and Gordon on the field, Lampard is still a relatively inexperienced manager, so I am not expecting perfection the finished article - Relegation dog fight is not on his CV yet, but last 4-5 games shows he is at the very least holding his own at the moment.

I have said this past few years we are no more than a mid table club and I don't expect this to be any different next year as part of a major rebuild (without a bag of freely available cash), we have to expect a bit of a bumpy ride as part of this process. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If we stay up, and I think we will, should we finish 15th next season we still need to stick with Frank. The club needs consistency. We need a manager and director of football pulling in the same direction for the long term. 

And if we finish the season after that 14th do we call that progression and still keep faith with him, I understand the need to stick longer with the manager for the sake of consistency and the chance for them to ring the changes and put their mark on the team, we did it with Moyes and he was very successful especially when you compare his playing budget compared to what some after him had to spend and achieved. We have an owner who doesn’t see it that way so if Frank only finishes 15th next season that won’t be good enough for Moshiri. 

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

A very small minority pipe up after a defeat with the shout that he's not the right man and is out of his depth, but have gone suspiciously quiet now we're finding our feet under Lampard.

Long may it continue.

I was fully behind Rafa tbh, there hasn’t been a manager who I never got behind till they gave me reason.

The thing I’ve always admired about lampard is he has an intensity about him.  Put it this way I never seen him as a talented player - but he became a player who mourinho trusted more than most. 

If he follows the trend of his playing career - he will be approaching a place where he is named among the best managers in the world despite many scoffing at him. That’s what happened to him as a player but he made it happen. 

I think he will show his teeth if he sees anymore nonsense from players or board.   His stock will be very high if we stay up…. I don’t see him allowing any players to drop their levels. 

very interesting that he has not included dcl despite us crying out for the dcl that we have seen.  He is asserting himself on the squad without question… they know who the boss is. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And if we finish the season after that 14th do we call that progression and still keep faith with him, I understand the need to stick longer with the manager for the sake of consistency and the chance for them to ring the changes and put their mark on the team, we did it with Moyes and he was very successful especially when you compare his playing budget compared to what some after him had to spend and achieved. We have an owner who doesn’t see it that way so if Frank only finishes 15th next season that won’t be good enough for Moshiri. 

We have an owner who should shut his mouth, let the people do the jobs they have been hired to do and realise that the fans know what he’s been up to. 

the fans tend to decide when a manager isn’t the answer, I can’t think of the last time a manager was fired and at least 70% of the fans were not against it. 

I don’t think we can measure progress on league position alone and I don’t think he will.  This team needs a rebuild and it will likely involve us selling a couple of players who many see as key players as ffp is a mess.

One thing is for sure - lampard has the number of a few of these frauds and we will not see the likes of Gomes again. 

22 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we have had an upturn in form since he publicly called out the players desire after the Palace fiasco

It also co-incided with a big change in the way he wanted the team to play. 

For one reason or another (and I think there are a few - and some justifiable) he thought or wanted us to play in a much more expansive style than the players could deal with. It didn't work and after that Palace game, he changed tack and since then we have gone from strength to strength. 

I think Frank and his team need to take loads of credit for that change and the work they have put in to make that work. They have kept things simple, played to our strengths and protected our weaknesses. They have also outperformed a manager that has made a career out of playing in a similar way. 

We all just need to see this job through and then we can look forward to next season.

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just couldn't get behind him, Haf. However, I wasn't willing him to fail either, it's not in me to go against Everton.

I would love nothing more than for Lampard to succeed here though, I'm definitely all in on him. Like I've said many times, he's not someone that would've ever occurred to me to be our next manager but there's just something about him that resonates with me. He's fully embraced this club and it's fans. He's very honest in his assessments of situations and I personally love that - if something's good, say so, and if it's shite then say that as well. Call a spade a spade in essence. 

I don't even give a shit if he sees us as a stepping stone to another top job, because he's only going to get that if he does something brilliant with us. So if that happens then he'll go with my best wishes as he'll be leaving us in a far better place than when he arrived.

But, I just love the way he's embraced us. I think the level of passion that we the fans have has truly shocked him, and has made him want to do well here.

I agree with the sentiment and emotion of your post passion is 50% of what’s required and the rest ability, I wanted Frank at the beginning of the season I was the only one to mention him and got some stick for doing so, possibly by those who now champion him who knows can’t be arsed to look. Then end of January when he got the job I was against him getting it based on the timing, I didn’t and still don’t think he had the experience to take the job on whilst we were in such dire straits. I’ve support and followed Everton for 56 years and this season has been the worse football I’ve witnessed from an Everton team in my memory, at the moment every point is huge and the style of how it’s won is immaterial we just need results, but by god I’m far from happy at the way we are playing but I just want to get to the end of the season with our PL status in tact, then Lampard can have a clean slate and fresh start to next season and hopefully he proves me right that he should have got the job at the beginning of the season, but that doesn’t mean that I should never have raised my concerns that he wasn’t the right man and out of his depth for a relegation battle. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

One thing I really like what he’s done to this team is that they all moan, time waste, cause little arguments with the opposition. All the years under Moyes we were always so nice while our opponents did this, Frank, John Terry and their Chelsea teams were absolute masters at it. I think Seamus is enjoying it too (his performance levels have been excellent in the last month or so too).
I’m made up to see us have a bit of nasty in us, and hopefully we can shake of being a nice club. I want other teams fans to absolutely hate us! 

I love it.   It also creates a spirit among the players where it almost becomes personal with the opponents… you need that element of “I really wanna beat you”.

all the fuckin talking behind hands to opponents after losing games pissed me off and I’ve said this before - players were not emotionally invested in winning enough.