IGNORED

Frank Lampard

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Again he adapted. Tried something, didn't work, so he took the brave decision and adapted. I don't remember ever seeing that before bar 1 game with Martinez when he made an early sub. I was nervous when he came in but he's done the near impossible and got the team playing like a team. Can't blame him for individual mistakes, can't blame him for the officials. Still got a lot to learn but if he can continue to adapt and not be too proud to change, then we're onto a winner with him. 

I think it was final throw of the dice.   I like lampard and want him to be the manager to take us forward but I don’t see how Gomes played last 2 games…. I honestly don’t. 

he’s a bloke with integrity and intelligence, I hope he learns quick… if he does we have a keeper. Brilliant at uniting the components 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I think it was final throw of the dice.   I like lampard and want him to be the manager to take us forward but I don’t see how Gomes played last 2 games…. I honestly don’t. 

But so many wouldn't though. Many would've stuck to their game plan even though it wasn't working, and he's done it a few times since he came. He's different in many ways.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

But so many wouldn't though. Many would've stuck to their game plan even though it wasn't working, and he's done it a few times since he came. He's different in many ways.

Yeah I agree with that. 

let’s just say I believe he loves Chelsea….. but he has found himself in bed with cindy Crawford and he doesn’t want to go home. 

We've talked at length about Frank getting it right by bringing Dele on, but let's not forget the Gray for Gordon swap. It was Gray's initial footwork that set up the second goal, and then his free kick that Dom headed in.

Had that been Gordon delivering the set piece, not a chance it goes to where it needs to be

Frank is still a very young and relatively inexperienced manager, who to some degree has that monkey on his back of being a top player going in to management. He is still raw and is a long way from a tactical genious. However, he is no fool and is hard working (as he was a player), but the fella has passion and has it by the bucket load. 

This club and Frank Lampard football manager can grow together. 

Its been a tough gig so far, i think he tinkered with how he would like to play early doors, but was smart enough to know the timing wasn't right and changed things up.

I think there is the feeling that we have now over come the trauma of this season together and a strong bond is already forming. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Maybe reading too much into this but mentioned Bill and Denise then the ex-players, but not the owner. Something else in there about speaking truth behind the scenes, I wonder...

Maybe because the owner hasn’t had the courage to attend a match for eons, but no doubt we will see the wanker first home game next season. 

Waking up the morning after the night before and it does seem that something special happened last night.

I really it hope it marks a turning point for the club. I think Frank has really bought in to the club. He's been able to bring the club, the players and the fans back into some kind of unity and that was what we saw last night with those incredible scenes.

We can put this nightmare of a season behind us now and start looking to really rebuild this squad. It'll take time and patience and hopefully Frank will get that and be successful.

He might of started at West Ham, and played for Chelsea, and they will always be part of his life, but he is our Frank now, and we are his club. Anyone who has any doubt just watch him climbing onto the directors box and celebrating with fans, listen to his interviews.

What I love is his determination to do things the right way, to improve the club, squad, team and himself, we can grow together. You can tell he can't wait (after a well-earned break) to re make this side, to play his football, and I cant wait to see it!

With so many players expected to leave at the end of the season we have a little bit of room to sign players, I genuinely believe Frank and his team will already have targets and will handle it in a very professional way.

I have hope. 

I’ll start by saying I’m sorry for being negative but here goes. I am grateful that Frank has come in and pulled us back from falling into oblivion but as far as I am concerned the jury is still out. I understand he came in late and inherited a squad after the transfer window closed which was no easy task. He’ll have a full pre season to plan now so I have questions. 

1: Does Frank have a clear idea about what our football identity will be? We’ve been disjointed and confused for far to long following the manager merry go round. We need focus, direction

2: Which of our existing players fit into that identify and can we keep them?

3: What will his recruitment approach be to fit his vision but also work with in the budget we have (I am worried FFP will be a stick to beat us with and the FA will be sniffing around)

4: Will he make the hard decisions and move on players who just aren’t good enough or are to old? This is not the time for sentiment

5: Will he have the tenacity to stand up to the owners when the decide to interfere as usual

Like I said sorry for being negative but I for one will feels a little more trusting when these things are answered 

I hope we have learnt from the last 15 years of sack and spend.

I for one want to give Frank a fair crack of the whip, with time and a sensible budget.

My fear is BK will sack him in November after the world cup, and bring that clown RM back, to take another fortune off us.

15 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Frank is still a very young and relatively inexperienced manager, who to some degree has that monkey on his back of being a top player going in to management. He is still raw and is a long way from a tactical genious. However, he is no fool and is hard working (as he was a player), but the fella has passion and has it by the bucket load. 

This club and Frank Lampard football manager can grow together. 

Its been a tough gig so far, i think he tinkered with how he would like to play early doors, but was smart enough to know the timing wasn't right and changed things up.

I think there is the feeling that we have now over come the trauma of this season together and a strong bond is already forming. 

The single biggest decision he made, IMO, was to bring in an experienced coaching team and to trust them. This is how you overcome the limitations of personal inexperience.

This season has been "A Tale of Two Managers". The first was wrong at every level - deceiving too many by early wins against easier teams. Even then, we were thrashed by Watford. There was a disconnect with the fans from Day One, and, watching training videos, there was a disconnect with the players, too. He played favourites. He stuck with a losing strategy. There's not one single thing I can think of that was a redeeming feature. And we left it until it was almost too late to get rid.

You can't turn a big ship quickly, and no manager could achieve an instant turn-around given the terrible state we were in. The easier games of the second half of the season had already been lost, and the schedule was now challenging. As mentioned above, we brought in not only a new manager but an experienced and focused coaching team. Training videos revealed a change in tempo, much greater interaction and participation by coaches, and at last some smiles.

The shadow of the former manager could still be seen in attitude away from home, in giving up too soon, and in letting leads slip. I was really concerned after the loss to Burnley, even while logic told me it will take time for a complete turn-around. What saved us in the end? Getting the best out of players who weren't playing to their potential. Pickford has been epic, so let's not overlook the impact of the new manager on him. Keane, struggling with confidence, made some key contributions (although not yet over his struggles). Holgate is a changed player, arrogance replaced by confidence. Iwobi - just wow. He might be the single biggest reason why we won some recent games. Delph, ridiculed by all, became an important player. Gordon, while still growing as a player, made his mark. And Gomes deservedly took a back seat (I don't understand why he started over Allan, but we got the result we needed).

Our goal next season needs to be to finish in the middle third of the table with a consistent style of play. There will be changes, for sure, to our roster, and I hope two or three youngsters will come through the ranks. We won't have the funds for wholesale changes, and too much change hurts anyway. Several contracts will end and won't be renewed, which is mostly positive. While I suspect DC-L will leave, I really hope Richarlison stays.

Most of all, our new manager needs time. There will be disappointments along the way, but the momentum has turned. After being in the pits of despair after learning we'd hired Benitez (reinforced by just about everything he did), optimism has returned, and I'm genuinely looking forward to the new season.

18 hours ago, Matt said:

Maybe reading too much into this but mentioned Bill and Denise then the ex-players, but not the owner. Something else in there about speaking truth behind the scenes, I wonder...

As someone else has said he gave thanks to the owner at one point. I think it was in the Sky interview but I am pretty sure he was one of the first people he mentioned.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The single biggest decision he made, IMO, was to bring in an experienced coaching team and to trust them. This is how you overcome the limitations of personal inexperience.

You don't get a more experienced coach than Paul Clement. Regarding Cornish's next post I'm pretty sure Richarlison will go, he desperately wants CL I would imagine. Dom might stay now that the ship has been steadied.