IGNORED

Frank Lampard

11 hours ago, StevO said:

From the photos doing the rounds it looks like Frank and Christine are making the most of his stay in the premier league bonus 😂

Its great to know that even Frank Lampard looks a mess after a skinful like the rest of us. 

He will be bald in 6 months at this rate though 😂

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/06/27/everton-star-andros-townsend-praises-frank-lampard-for-the-handling-of-the-squad-after-his-arrival/

Interesting comments from a current squad member.  

I was think myself along the very same line - Lampard has really got to see who in this squad can be relied upon when the chip are well and truly down. I can't imagine there could have been a team more lacking in confidence than the dressing room he and his backroom staff walked in to at the end of January. I think it will be pretty clear to the management team now on who can and can't be relied upon in the project going forward.

The four month in which Lampard led the team through a relegation battle should hopefully have turned out to have been one hell of a interview process for the current squad member - It will have been much more rigorous than treading water mid table - they will now know the hero's and villains are of this squad.   

8 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/06/27/everton-star-andros-townsend-praises-frank-lampard-for-the-handling-of-the-squad-after-his-arrival/

Interesting comments from a current squad member.  

I was think myself along the very same line - Lampard has really got to see who in this squad can be relied upon when the chip are well and truly down. I can't imagine there could have been a team more lacking in confidence than the dressing room he and his backroom staff walked in to at the end of January. I think it will be pretty clear to the management team now on who can and can't be relied upon in the project going forward.

The four month in which Lampard led the team through a relegation battle should hopefully have turned out to have been one hell of a interview process for the current squad member - It will have been much more rigorous than treading water mid table - they will now know the hero's and villains are of this squad.   

Interesting that he let Delph go.  Delph did arguably help us especially against Man U…. You would think that lampard would think he was worth retaining but it’s clear that he may have been a problem in the squad.

40 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Interesting that he let Delph go.  Delph did arguably help us especially against Man U…. You would think that lampard would think he was worth retaining but it’s clear that he may have been a problem in the squad.

I don't think you can read anything in it other than if a player can't get on the pitch then there's no point keeping them around.

46 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Delph decided to retire 

52 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

With Delph it may be more the wages he was on and want to stay on not worth backing for a player of his age and injury record than not trusting him on the pitch.    We can't afford to have players like him, or like Mina who earn a good wage but can't be trusted to be fit for a majority of the season.

I agree - just too much wages on a player who struggles to be available for most games. Lets not also forget that the few decent performances seen at the tail end of last year where not in keeping with performances we seen over most of his time with us.

I see Winks as his replacement - and would welcome that over keeping Delph in the squad.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I agree - just too much wages on a player who struggles to be available for most games. Lets not also forget that the few decent performances seen at the tail end of last year where not in keeping with performances we seen over most of his time with us.

I see Winks as his replacement - and would welcome that over keeping Delph in the squad.

Winks is a far better player than Delph has been over the last few years and would actually be available to play not like Delph. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The last rumours about it that I saw was that Frank wanted to offer him a contract and the club wouldn’t allow it. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

The last rumours about it that I saw was that Frank wanted to offer him a contract and the club wouldn’t allow it. 

That’s where my heads at…. Frank said Delph knew what he thought of him. 

if lamps wanted to give him a contract (which is concerning) then the fact he was denied isn’t great.  

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

if lamps wanted to give him a contract (which is concerning) then the fact he was denied isn’t great.  

Well, in that particular case I'd disagree but I know what you're getting at

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I agree. But I guess the idea is that Frank and Kevin agree on a player or we don’t have them. As long as Moshiri and Bill don’t have an input I can take it. 

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

How much of that will we actually see next season?

Probably depends on how we start. At some point (as you know) you have to do the thing that gets you points, no matter how you’d prefer to play. I think it will be a couple years before we really see how he wants his team to look, assuming he is still at the helm.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

How much of that will we actually see next season?

Not much we’ve just sold the best player in the team to operate in that system, sadly Lampard is going to be another manager who’s been setup to fail, personally I see next season being a complete disaster. 

5 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Probably depends on how we start. At some point (as you know) you have to do the thing that gets you points, no matter how you’d prefer to play. I think it will be a couple years before we really see how he wants his team to look, assuming he is still at the helm.

Do you think we start with 4 at the back and a high press with either Keane, Holgate and/or Tarkowski playing... we tried that last season.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Not much we’ve just sold the best player in the team to operate in that system, sadly Lampard is going to be another manager who’s been setup to fail, personally I see next season being a complete disaster. 

He has a lot of time to get players in and we have a few players who can play on that left hand channel so if we dont do well next season, it wont be due to the sale of Richarlison IMO.