IGNORED

Frank Lampard

7 minutes ago, RPG said:

Stability and progress is all we can realistically have a right to expect - maybe with a good cup run. It takes time (several seasons) to overhaul and organise a club from the top down so I think we will see a series of small steps. If we get the right players in (and out) we might see more of the 3-4-3 formation. But what I don't want to see is chopping and changing of formations and personnel - unless dictated by injuries. We need to develop a style, a preferred formation and also have a very good idea of our best starting eleven.

Spot on - the right players in need to be young and hungry. If not young and no resale then the deal needs to make business sense e.g Tarkowski on a free as long as the wage demands stay within the structure - if this allows us to then sell Keane, it’s very good business.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think the game has gone now. With FFP/ VAR and the Champions League the gap is only going to get bigger. It will be The Shite and City fighting for the title, then the other 4 members of the Sky 6 scrapping for the remaining 2 Champions League places. Everyone else will just be trying to survive

UEFA after the shambolic organisation and  getting called out by Liverpool will no doubt have their officials against them. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

UEFA after the shambolic organisation and  getting called out by Liverpool will no doubt have their officials against them. 

I sympathise a little bit with the French. I understand cities normally get 18 months to prepare for a CL final but they were given 3 months. I am sure things could've gone better with greater investment and better planning but seems to me like it was asking for trouble (but they couldn't keep the final in St Petersburg!)

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think the game has gone now. With FFP/ VAR and the Champions League the gap is only going to get bigger. It will be The Shite and City fighting for the title, then the other 4 members of the Sky 6 scrapping for the remaining 2 Champions League places. Everyone else will just be trying to survive

Which is why, next season, we need to be pragmatic. Reorganise and a top 10 finish should be achievable and acceptable.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ll take 14th right now, with the possibility of stability at the club. 12th the season after. 

Agreed 10th is just building your expectations up and heaping pressure on Lampard, we are at rock bottom let’s keep sensible and realistic there’s a lot of work to do with this squad repairing the damage of the last 7 years, thanks to our illustrious owner and his flock. 

On 28/05/2022 at 17:02, Cornish Steve said:

@MC11 In an act of staggering generosity, I'm willing to give you the chance to back out of your reckless wager. Do you wish to change your mind, or are you sticking with your prediction?

I’m sticking with it. I don’t see him long term. He has a lot to prove. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ll take 14th right now, with the possibility of stability at the club. 12th the season after. 

I think this is far more realistic if we are not able to have any sort of net spend and want to try and build with youngsters. There are far more than 10 teams in the Premiership who are currently in a better shape than us squad and club structure organisation wise. We are at the beginning of a rebuild - and currently with one hand tied behind our back because of FFP. 

There is a massive gulf between the top 6 or so who generate massive amounts of money and the rest of the league. However, between us and the other also ran's, because TV money is so dominant in the clubs finances now, the fact that we have 40,000 fans in our Stadium  it doesn't really make a massive difference these days - When it comes to average earning we are not significantly much better off than the likes of Palace or Wolves of this world.

In the current climate I still don't thing some fan realsie how much, now more than ever, was are simply just an also ran Premiership club who make up the numbers in the division. 

With no real spending power, its going to take a hell of a lot of work and a good slice of luck to even be sniffing around the top 10.

I was just looking at some stats for another post and thought I would look at our time under Lampard. 

When you take into account that we played more games than most during that period, out attacking performances were around bottom 3 level (well 4th worst) and our defensive performances put us around 7th from bottom. 

Interestingly over that same period, Wolves underlying stats were terrible but they way outperformed themselves. They played 1 less game and earned 3 points less, averaging a point a game. If that is them overperforming, next season they could be in trouble! 

On 13/06/2022 at 07:12, Bailey said:

I was just looking at some stats for another post and thought I would look at our time under Lampard. 

When you take into account that we played more games than most during that period, out attacking performances were around bottom 3 level (well 4th worst) and our defensive performances put us around 7th from bottom. 

Interestingly over that same period, Wolves underlying stats were terrible but they way outperformed themselves. They played 1 less game and earned 3 points less, averaging a point a game. If that is them overperforming, next season they could be in trouble! 

I’m just really hoping next season we can start positive. Lampards biggest job was to bring to morale up which was low and definitely a factor in how shit we were.

We’re still shit but I’m just hoping we be a little less shit this year and maybe, just maybe verge on being average. 

6 hours ago, Btay said:

I’m just really hoping next season we can start positive. Lampards biggest job was to bring to morale up which was low and definitely a factor in how shit we were.

We’re still shit but I’m just hoping we be a little less shit this year and maybe, just maybe verge on being average. 

I’d be made up if we were average this season. 😂

7 hours ago, Btay said:

What is that in latin? It fits better than the one we have at the moment :P 

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ill take your word for it 🤣

It might be a bit long though!

We're still shit, but we just hope this year will be a little less shit and perhaps, just maybe, tend to be on average.

Google translate is a great way to make sure Mike isn't up to no good as usual ;)