IGNORED

Frank Lampard

25 minutes ago, Btay said:

Completely agree.

I’ve never felt more disconnected with an Everton team. This lot would surivive relegation by 1 point on the last day and be dancing together in the corner flag first game of the next season.

Either way selling and astute recruitment is the only way forward.  Fans will be on the pitch at the end of the season protesting either way. 

I think the best brainstorming should be focused on how to get rid of Moshiri, instead of countless manager or player names. He is the reason why this club is sinking, why this club is about to fail to attract even young, promising players. I haven't born in Liverpool, I am an outsider follower which gives me a unique power, outside look. From my perspective, in a parallel universe where I could be young andpromising footballer, I wouldn't sign for Everton. Everything looks like a mess from the outside, unorganized. Even Brands ran away, Ancelotti ran away, soon others will follow.

How shite or succesful manager is Lampard is arguable but how shite Moshiri is not. Sack Lampard, bring Guardiola, bring Tuchel, even Klopp from Liverpool... There is no way they can success in this organization.

The club is looking like another thrown away toy in a rich boy's room.

What I’ve been told is that from the 5 players we signed in January just 1 was selected/ok’d by the manager…. Be it Rafa or Lampard.   That one player was Donny. 

maybe that is why el ghazi, dele, mykolenko, Patterson have barely seen any match time. 

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Honestly, can we stop making the assumption we'll be relegated? Remember the maxim: "Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right." I refuse to believe we'll be relegated, and it's quite irritating to read more and more comments that assume we will be. That's really not the case at all.

I’m still aiming for top half! 
Why not? We should be aiming to beat every team we come against. 
Performances have been slowly improving under Lampard. We’ve had our steps back, but also steps forward. 

The only way is up for us, starting Wednesday night.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

What I’ve been told is that from the 5 players we signed in January just 1 was selected/ok’d by the manager…. Be it Rafa or Lampard.   That one player was Donny. 

maybe that is why el ghazi, dele, mykolenko, Patterson have barely seen any match time. 

Pretty sure Frank wanted Dele, in the interview he said he had been in contact with him trying to get him here, and when they met the video indicated they had both worked on making it happen.

39 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pretty sure Frank wanted Dele, in the interview he said he had been in contact with him trying to get him here, and when they met the video indicated they had both worked on making it happen.

I seen all that yeah, let’s be honest I wasn’t against Alli coming.  But one thing is for certain- take Alli out the equation…. Mykolenko, Patterson and el ghazi? No way were they picked by managers.

31 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I seen all that yeah, let’s be honest I wasn’t against Alli coming.  But one thing is for certain- take Alli out the equation…. Mykolenko, Patterson and el ghazi? No way were they picked by managers.

We looked at Patterson when Carlo was in charge as I remember Carlo talking about how good a player he was.

I agree about the others, I would like to think the scouting team identified Mykolenko tho.

7 hours ago, London Blue said:

We looked at Patterson when Carlo was in charge as I remember Carlo talking about how good a player he was.

I agree about the others, I would like to think the scouting team identified Mykolenko tho.

Purdy had gone, brands had gone. It was rare that their selections got bought as moshiri did what he wanted or advised to do by the snakes he associates with. 

honestly I don’t know the full details but it’s very clear that moshiri has been getting involved in areas that he shouldn’t 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently, we took El Ghazi off their hands so that they could sign Digne. They needed his wages off the books so they could add Digne's.

Trying to make sense of this but can't.... they signed Coutinho on mega money wages.  We used up a loan signing to sign a player we didnt need or the manager didn't want to get rid of a player who arguably is one of the last you would sell given the crap we have and then used up the wages we saved on digne to buy 2 full backs?  

Our club is mismanaged badly.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Trying to make sense of this but can't.... they signed Coutinho on mega money wages.  We used up a loan signing to sign a player we didnt need or the manager didn't want to get rid of a player who arguably is one of the last you would sell given the crap we have and then used up the wages we saved on digne to buy 2 full backs?  

Our club is mismanaged badly.

That's how badly the manager wanted Digne out of the club. It's absolute madness that the club went down this route to make it happen.

Obviously, I don't know if it's actually the truth of the matter (that we helped Villa take one of our only decent players and took a shit one off their hands) but I can well believe it, because we are an incredibly fucked up football club.

18 hours ago, London Blue said:

I am pretty sure I remember someone from Myks old club that said we had looked at him for a while, also when Carlo was here.

I would be surprised, but not completely shocked, if they let the manager do what he did to get Digne out of the club and then didn't consult him on his replacement.

13 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Today is the day where I’ve turned! 

What an awful appointment 7 losses in 9 league games. This bloke is out of his depth. He knows it and we know it. 

Goodbye Premier League 

We weren't any better before him either.

He's not been perfect and clearly has a lot to learn but wherever we are next season he needs backing and with a bit more work and changes in personnel he can come good.  Sadly this season he does not have that

3 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I wonder if he'll go now that he gets the reality of the ragbag of players and misfits he inherited.

Yes the players are bad but he can’t organise a defence we are so so bad at the back under him. 

He’s out of his depth look at his body language look at his face. HE KNOWS 

Just now, FairWooney said:

We weren't any better before him either.

He's not been perfect and clearly has a lot to learn but wherever we are next season he needs backing and with a bit more work and changes in personnel he can come good.  Sadly this season he does not have that

He’s no better than Benitez though? In fact you could say he’s worse. 

He’s come here half a season to late or half a season to early, but he shouldn’t have been given the job when he got it with the team heading for a relegation battle, he doesn’t possess the skill sets to work his way out of the battle in front of him, and relegation after every game is looking  more likely than not. 

It was an awful appointment because of the situation we were in. I knew that from the start, but was ready to give him a reason of doubt. Unfortunately we got ourselves with disorganized team on the brink of relegation and manager with ZERO experience in a dogfight competition. Seriously what were we expecting? We need Sam Allardice-esque type of dinosaur more than ever and ended up with the most inexperienced manager in the league. That's just a recipe for failure.

The management of the club is the issue. I feel for Lampard but said at the time I thought it a right manger at the wrong time for his appointment. It needed experience but I think some of the fan base pushing for Lampard didn’t help and the board are so weak they pandered to the graffiti on the stadium after the horrendous Rafa appointment when they didn’t listen to the fans general consensus. I think Lampard could have made different decisions in a number of matches but it’s stupid individual errors are what’s killing us. We can’t keep a managerial merry go round imo. Stick to a style and philosophy and build on that through thick and thin. 

6 hours ago, barryj said:

The management of the club is the issue. I feel for Lampard but said at the time I thought it a right manger at the wrong time for his appointment. It needed experience but I think some of the fan base pushing for Lampard didn’t help and the board are so weak they pandered to the graffiti on the stadium after the horrendous Rafa appointment when they didn’t listen to the fans general consensus. I think Lampard could have made different decisions in a number of matches but it’s stupid individual errors are what’s killing us. We can’t keep a managerial merry go round imo. Stick to a style and philosophy and build on that through thick and thin. 

I agree, but we also need to remember who the other names in the hat where in January when we appointed Lampard - It was not brimming with names to champion. 

To me the risk with Lampard in this situation was he doesn't have that Alladyce-esque doggedness for a dig in and grind out points experience. So why are we so surprised that he is not grinding out results with a team of players low on confidence - that it is just not his MO. Building a youthful team in the mould of how he wants to play is going to be more his style or what he sees himself as.

So if the get ourselves in to a situation where we actually need to build a young team with a fresh dynamic young manager then to me it would be fool hardy to sack Lampard just as his coaching brief is about to changes for 'please just keep us in the Premiership' to 'build a new young forward thinking team'. 

I look at the backroom staff that have been brought in to support him and that gives me hope that in the longer term something positive can be done with Lampard at the helm.

I agree. it is errors that are making the difference between us nicking a point of two and not - and a lot of this is down to chopping and changing of the personnel. I think if we could just get a consistent back line on the pitch and Allan and Doucoure in front of then for the rest of the season we might just sneak over the line. but keeping a consistent 5 to 6 defensive players on the field game after game is feeling like some kind of holy grail. Even if Mina comes back in, its going to take time to build up a understanding and get match fit- time is now running out rapidly and I fear it is now to late. I don't know how any manager deals with this sort of game after game disruption.

How do you organise a struggling defense with low confidence when game after game you constantly have to swap the personnel around. I find it hard to blanket judge as someone simply being a shit defensive coach and write them off in this situation.