IGNORED

Frank Lampard

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

If I was him I’d walk away given the chance. Another away game where we start off passing the ball, like the plan clearly is, concede a goal and fall to shit. 

Problem is the 6 players and Lampard in front of the back 4 can’t legislate for the worst defence in the league.

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

After that I don’t think anyone can complain at being dropped. Not one of them. 
Wouldnt start DCL, Gordon, VDB, or any of the back four (if we had enough players to come in) against Wolves.

You'd drop Gordon and VDB?  They've been among the best we have, even though that's not saying much.  And who would replace them, surely not Iwobi and Gomes?

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

Wouldnt start DCL, Gordon, VDB, or any of the back four (if we had enough players to come in) against Wolves.

Gordon and VDB stay in for me. The rest I agree with 

4 minutes ago, badaids said:

You'd drop Gordon and VDB?  They've been among the best we have, even though that's not saying much.  And who would replace them, surely not Iwobi and Gomes?

Nothing against them, they have been some of the better players, but just to try something else. Dele for VDB and id go for Iwobi over Gordon, even if it fires him up for the next game or to come off the bench. 

Doucoure doesn’t need to be getting as far forward as he was today, thought him and VDB left too much for Allan to do on his own further back. Obviously tactical, but needs to be Doucoure a bit further back helping Allan for me. 

The really annoying thing is we played ok in midfield until we conceded the third goal. We were passing the ball playing between the lines and pressing. What failed us was our defence, more specifically Coleman and Keane, which I think is why Frank started off playing 5 at the back. 

I hope that Godfrey is back for the next match, as he and Holgate are a much better partnership than Keane and anyone. 

Coleman is done, he cant play every week, Spurs targeted him relentlessly and it payed off.  

Hope we start with Kenny at Right Back and Mykolenko as Left back. I am happy with the midfield with maybe Alli for VDB. DCL will score when he shakes off his rust.

50 minutes ago, StevO said:

Nothing against them, they have been some of the better players, but just to try something else. Dele for VDB and id go for Iwobi over Gordon, even if it fires him up for the next game or to come off the bench. 

Doucoure doesn’t need to be getting as far forward as he was today, thought him and VDB left too much for Allan to do on his own further back. Obviously tactical, but needs to be Doucoure a bit further back helping Allan for me. 

Completely agree about Doucoure and VDB. Doucoure was so far ahead of the ball whenever they broke and he isn't someone you want on the ball high up the pitch unless its finishing a chance.

VDB is just a player I cant work out. I don't know what he is. He can pass and move a bit in midfield but he doesn't offer much else.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

The really annoying thing is we played ok in midfield until we conceded the third goal. We were passing the ball playing between the lines and pressing. What failed us was our defence, more specifically Coleman and Keane, which I think is why Frank started off playing 5 at the back. 

I hope that Godfrey is back for the next match, as he and Holgate are a much better partnership than Keane and anyone. 

Coleman is done, he cant play every week, Spurs targeted him relentlessly and it payed off.  

Hope we start with Kenny at Right Back and Mykolenko as Left back. I am happy with the midfield with maybe Alli for VDB. DCL will score when he shakes off his rust.

Godfrey has a moment in him just like Keane, Holgate and even Mina. Has age on his side to develop though. 

There’s a serious overhaul needed in defence though.

These players are pathetic and I think the gloves are off with lampard now.

he looked absolutely fuming last night and stopped himself from naming individuals. 

the sad thing is too many of them don’t really care, what’s even scarier is that they don’t realise this….. they think they do. 

everything that Roy Keane said about United on Sunday was consistent with our team. DCL for some reason struts around like he’s too good for this team…… without his work ethic he is nothing, absolutely nothing. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

Where do you get not starting Gordon of all people?

He was a bright spark in an otherwise poor performance.  He was all over the pitch, he was beating their players, trying to make things happen and working his socks off.

Memorable one for me was when he was fouled, had not long got back up when he made a cruical last ditch challenge to stop them getting off a shot for a likely goal then 5 seconds later was fouled again whilst breaking forward on the right wing in their half.  Only Doucoure put in more tackles than Gordon, he made more key passes, won more fouls, more dribbles and more crosses.

I don't see anyone else doing what he's doing for us at the moment.

Gordon was exemplary.Pissed off with his gobshite team mates and tried to lead by example. Lampard recognised this post match.

branthwaite another young kid dug a few out as well. 

drop DCL - let him stick the blue and white dress on and launch toffees into the fans. Give dobbin a go. Keane and Coleman can go and spend the rest of the season in the sun or whatever the Fock it is that their exorbitant salaries allow them to do. 

7 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Where do you get not starting Gordon of all people?

He was a bright spark in an otherwise poor performance.  He was all over the pitch, he was beating their players, trying to make things happen and working his socks off.

Memorable one for me was when he was fouled, had not long got back up when he made a cruical last ditch challenge to stop them getting off a shot for a likely goal then 5 seconds later was fouled again whilst breaking forward on the right wing in their half.  Only Doucoure put in more tackles than Gordon, he made more key passes, won more fouls, more dribbles and more crosses.

I don't see anyone else doing what he's doing for us at the moment.

Because even though he works his arse off I’d drop as many players from that performance as possible. If we had the players I’d drop all 11, but we do actually have some options on the wing that we dont have anywhere else on the pitch. 
But I also don’t want the lad carrying the team, that level of responsibility shouldn’t be on the shoulders of a kid. 

In addition, and no doubt I’ll get shit for this, as hard as he works he isn’t actually giving an end product. If Grey is fit I’d bring him in. I’d have no issue seeing Grey and Iwobi or Townsend start against Wolves if just to freshen it up. Bring Gordon off the bench in the second half after a bit of a rest. Before we know it he’ll be burnt out and I don’t want to see that happen. 

51 minutes ago, StevO said:

Because even though he works his arse off I’d drop as many players from that performance as possible. If we had the players I’d drop all 11, but we do actually have some options on the wing that we dont have anywhere else on the pitch. 
But I also don’t want the lad carrying the team, that level of responsibility shouldn’t be on the shoulders of a kid. 

In addition, and no doubt I’ll get shit for this, as hard as he works he isn’t actually giving an end product. If Grey is fit I’d bring him in. I’d have no issue seeing Grey and Iwobi or Townsend start against Wolves if just to freshen it up. Bring Gordon off the bench in the second half after a bit of a rest. Before we know it he’ll be burnt out and I don’t want to see that happen. 

The lack of end product is because he is literally trying too hard as a result of others doing fuckall. 

we have players hiding ….. literally not showing for the ball. If we had 9 other outfield players with his hunger and desire then we would be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The lack of end product is because he is literally trying too hard as a result of others doing fuckall. 

we have players hiding ….. literally not showing for the ball. If we had 9 other outfield players with his hunger and desire then we would be fine. 

That may be the case, and I wouldn’t disagree, but I’ve posted my opinion and it won’t change. I’d not start him against Wolves. He likely will start and I’ll have no issue with that, but if I was picking the team I’d have him sitting this one out for the reasons I’ve said. 

I do think Gordon needs to work on his end product but I wouldn't drop him. It isn't really as if any of the others are making the most of their opportunities either, even if they do have more back form than him.

I think the same frustrations can be shared with Gordon and Gray but I think their presence in the starting 11 will cause opposition teams more problems and that in turn should create some space for the others around them.

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

That may be the case, and I wouldn’t disagree, but I’ve posted my opinion and it won’t change. I’d not start him against Wolves. He likely will start and I’ll have no issue with that, but if I was picking the team I’d have him sitting this one out for the reasons I’ve said. 

I’d have him starting for one big reason - crowd noise.   He does things that get the crowd involved….. that tackle against spurs last night. That’s the stuff that gets goodison rocking. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Respect your opinion mate 100% and I can see where you are coming from. He’s the last one of that 11 that gets dropped though.

DCL can do one for wolves - I know Frank is saying to give him time but we don’t have that or what ever time we do have is disappearing game by game. 

Richy up top - Gray and Gordon on the wings with Alli in behind. Out of Allan/Doucs/DVB who ever trains the best plays. 

Defence - fuck knows but I’d be starting Mykolenko, Braithwaite, Godfrey(fitness), Patterson.

1 hour ago, RPG said:

I posted this starting 11 in another thread v Wolves. Diamond 4-4-2 with Allan shielding the defence and the width coming mainly from the full backs.

Pickford

Kenny.            Keane.              Godfey.           Mykolenko

Allan

Doucoure.                    VD Beek

Alli

Gray.                                   Richarlison

Gordon and/or DCL for Alli and/or Gray in the second half and assumes that Keane is physically and mentally fit to play.

Don’t mind that. Worth a try, but anything is right now isn’t it?

3 hours ago, RPG said:

I posted this starting 11 in another thread v Wolves. Diamond 4-4-2 with Allan shielding the defence and the width coming mainly from the full backs.

Pickford

Kenny.            Keane.              Godfey.           Mykolenko

Allan

Doucoure.                    VD Beek

Alli

Gray.                                   Richarlison

Gordon and/or DCL for Alli and/or Gray in the second half and assumes that Keane is physically and mentally fit to play.

Keane cannot be starting

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Keane cannot be starting

As much as no one will disagree with that, Godfrey has only been training a couple of days an might not be ready to come in yet. I rate Branthwaite very highly, but I don’t want to see him carry Holgate either. I’m not sure we will have enough players available to drop Keane. 

30 minutes ago, StevO said:

As much as no one will disagree with that, Godfrey has only been training a couple of days an might not be ready to come in yet. I rate Branthwaite very highly, but I don’t want to see him carry Holgate either. I’m not sure we will have enough players available to drop Keane. 

I agree, with our injuries sometimes we have to live with the only options available. 

10 hours ago, RPG said:

I don't think any of us are privy to how much of Keane's performance v Spurs was down to physical illness before the game, how much might have been down to mental weakness or how much was down to him being just crap! I think we have to trust the medical guys to declare him physically and mentally ready for selection (or not) and then its up to Frank. If Mina was available I would agree that Keane should have a break but, and assuming Godfrey is fit and starts, who is the second cb if we drop Keane? Holgate or Branthwaite? Not much of a choice is it.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I just hope for his sake if he plays he makes no mistakes because he looks a seriously broken man

• 2 weeks later...