IGNORED

Frank Lampard

His biggest test I feel is to get the defence working as a unit, obviously he’s brought Cole in to add his vast experience being one of the countries if not Europes best defenders, to implement a way forward in that department.

Not expecting to much straightaway giving him 3-4 games to get to know his players and what they are and aren’t capable of, then I will be for expecting to see a marked improvement in results and performances. With the new players that have come in this window he has options we just have to trust that he knows what’s needed and has what’s needed to implement it. 
Everything is gamble no matter who you buy or make the manager, but the cards have been dealt for the end of this season and we are definitely all in, let’s hope we are holding the winning team. 

Key messages that came through to me:

- Tactful: He had every opportunity criticize former managers but didn't - quite rightly

- Focused: Definitely knows how he wants the team to play from the off and realizes it must depend on the players and their abilities

- Ruthless: This is something I sensed from body language as much as anything: He's not going to take any nonsense.

- Wants to win: The FA Cup means something to him. Usually, when struggling in the league, I would disagree. Given he has to demonstrate progress quickly, I can understand his view on this.

I really dont see Ashley Cole being a good coach. I have watched him as a pundit and he has been crap there. He also doesnt strike me as the sharpest tool in the box either. 

Then again, someone like Neville who does talk a lot of sense most of the time couldnt hack it as a manager (albeit in Spain) so who knows! 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

His biggest test I feel is to get the defence working as a unit, obviously he’s brought Cole in to add his vast experience being one of the countries if not Europes best defenders, to implement a way forward in that department.

Not expecting to much straightaway giving him 3-4 games to get to know his players and what they are and aren’t capable of, then I will be for expecting to see a marked improvement in results and performances. With the new players that have come in this window he has options we just have to trust that he knows what’s needed and has what’s needed to implement it. 
Everything is gamble no matter who you buy or make the manager, but the cards have been dealt for the end of this season and we are definitely all in, let’s hope we are holding the winning team. 

God I hope it doesn't take 4 games. We need to pick up at least 5 points from the first three league games, probably more like 6-7.  Those three are against Newcastle, Leeds, and Southampton. After that, we have a 9 game stretch including matches against City, Tottenham, West Ham, Man U, Liverpool, and Chelsea.

3 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

God I hope it doesn't take 4 games. We need to pick up at least 5 points from the first three league games, probably more like 6-7.  Those three are against Newcastle, Leeds, and Southampton. After that, we have a 9 game stretch including matches against City, Tottenham, West Ham, Man U, Liverpool, and Chelsea.

Well if we are not going to give him 3 or 4 games to settle in and the first 3 or 4 games don’t go as you believe they should have or expected, are you then calling for his head straight away. Don’t you think expecting perfection straight away is the sort of unrealistic expectation which contributes to us being one of the poorest teams in the league, let’s just give him some space before we call another manager a failure. Our first game is a cup game not a league. 

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well if we are not going to give him 3 or 4 games to settle in and the first 3 or 4 games don’t go as you believe they should have or expected, are you then calling for his head straight away. Don’t you think expecting perfection straight away is the sort of unrealistic expectation which contributes to us being one of the poorest teams in the league, let’s just give him some space before we call another manager a failure. Our first game is a cup game not a league. 

No not calling for his head and wouldn’t be calling him a failure. Won’t be his fault if he can’t get them, but we really need results right now given the rest of our schedule so just emphasizing how important these matches are. Really hoping for the new manager boost.

And yup, but our next three are all winnable league games.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is why the summer appointment was a stupid decision. We needed unity then and Moshiri threw a bomb on that straight away. A truly idiotic move on his part. 

At the run in, I put money on Nuno (and not because I wanted him) being the manager last summer, becasue I was so convinced that the club would not be that stupid to appoint Benitez given the amount pf noise against him. I thought I had an advantage over the bookies!! 

Like you said, an appointmnet that was idiotic beyond belief.

37 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

At the run in, I put money on Nuno (and not because I wanted him) being the manager last summer, becasue I was so convinced that the club would not be that stupid to appoint Benitez given the amount pf noise against him. I thought I had an advantage over the bookies!! 

Like you said, an appointmnet that was idiotic beyond belief.

It cost our owner a boatload of money, so I'm guessing he learned a bit of a lesson. I really hope this appointment works out for him as much as for everyone else.

56 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Mate, he's spunked £500-£700million these last 6 years to no avail...he's a bloody slow learner 😂

As much as you said that tongue in cheek it’s bloody true, that’s why I refuse to get excited with what ever he does next, I can’t handle all the ups and downs of his regime that’s why I’m not doing backflips over Lampard I’ve decided he has more chance of failure than success, this is not the fault of Lampard this is 110% the fault of Moshiri I now have no belief or trust in anything he has touched. 
Fair play to some supporters their enthusiasm for all changes holds no bounds, I liken it to dog no matter how much their owners miss treat them they keep coming back wagging their tails enthusiastically, so it’s no woof woof 🐶 from this old dog😂