IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Desperate for them to hang on here. Just mentally for us to not have to go into Monday's game against Spurs in the bottom three is huge

2-0 great goal vardy

they wouldn’t have conceded either goal if mee was on pitch. He’s huge for them. 

Current status: 39 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points
Spurs (A): 0 points
West Ham (A): 0 points

14 minutes ago, RPG said:

My concern is the 5 predicted wins. On paper, we should win them but we are so fragile at the moment and I can see 2-3 of those wins actually being draws. And that would make a big difference. 39 points should be enough with a couple of points to spare but 33 points is a last day nail biter.

The Newcastle and Palace games will be tough, I agree, but United at home is a possible draw or even win.

On 01/03/2022 at 22:44, Cornish Steve said:

Current status: 39 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points

Anyone still thinking we're not battling relegation is wrong. I'm expecting it to come down to the last two weeks and if we miraculously pull ourselves out of it before then, dandy. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Anyone still thinking we're not battling relegation is wrong. I'm expecting it to come down to the last two weeks and if we miraculously pull ourselves out of it before then, dandy. 

We are not battling relegation last nights performance was more like we are accepting relegation, I never saw any battling. 

17 hours ago, Shukes said:

At the moment it feels like we’re not battling relegation, but preparing for next years survival in the championship.

I think it means we are. Heads are down, some players don't give a flying shit .... off next season? DCL, Richi. Others for the chop. We are in disarray. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I’m still looking at Newcastle too.  Let’s see them lose and end up back in it. 

They're safe. With the excellent run they're on, I can't see them getting anywhere close to a relegation fight now.

I just keep looking at games played and thinking "oh we're fine! We've got multiple games in hand on some of these other sides!" and then I remember that we can't fucking win a game, so it doesn't really matter

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

They're safe. With the excellent run they're on, I can't see them getting anywhere close to a relegation fight now.

I just keep looking at games played and thinking "oh we're fine! We've got multiple games in hand on some of these other sides!" and then I remember that we can't fucking win a game, so it doesn't really matter

We need to go nuts at goodison, make it unbearable for the opposition and refs.

our players will response, watched some of the spurs goals, disgusting. DCL and Richarlison going through motions, Gordon working harder than anyone 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

2-0 Villa. Get in.  We should have got Matty cash in the Digne deal. 

Can’t stand him personally - like a mini Grealish wannabe.

Still think of the teams towards the bottom we are the most likely to go on a little 3/4 game winning streak. 

Regardless though, this season has shown that it’s a privilege to be in the top tier.

On 10/03/2022 at 19:28, RPG said:

Low 30 points might be enough now.

I’m hoping for 36.  And how pathetic is that?

So, I’m watching Brentford-Burnley, and I guess I’m hoping for a draw.  That would give Brentford 28 after 29 matches, Burnley 22 after 27.  Leeds are 23 after 28 but will likely be 26 tomorrow, as they are home to Norwich.  We’re on 22 after 25.

Others of you prefer either Brentford or Burnley to win today?

17 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m hoping for 36.  And how pathetic is that?

So, I’m watching Brentford-Burnley, and I guess I’m hoping for a draw.  That would give Brentford 28 after 29 matches, Burnley 22 after 27.  Leeds are 23 after 28 but will likely be 26 tomorrow, as they are home to Norwich.  We’re on 22 after 25.

Others of you prefer either Brentford or Burnley to win today?

Brentford to win. Psychologically being in the bottom 3 isn’t good. 

if Burnley continue to have Mee missing then I see them conceding more goals and will struggle.  Brentford are not out of it. Worst case scenario is Burnley winning 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Brentford to win. Psychologically being in the bottom 3 isn’t good. 

if Burnley continue to have Mee missing then I see them conceding more goals and will struggle.  Brentford are not out of it. Worst case scenario is Burnley winning 

I'd usually say I'm pulling for a draw, as then at least both sides drop points, but I want us to stay out of the bottom 3 at all costs. We've already seen that our side have the mentality of a ladybug, I think if they see that they're in the bottom 3 headed into tomorrow, it could be disastrous

3 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

An entomological interpretation of our predicament?

But wait, aren’t ladybugs ferocious predators?  That doesn’t sound like us, Richarlison a possible exception.

Have you seen Michael Keane play lately? Single-handedly devouring our chances of staying up.

The T-Rex has nothing on him