IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Luton battered at home.

Burnley starting to find their way, likely too late.

We must win tomorrow. If we can, and then beat Luton and Sheff Utd, we'll be sound.

Yeah...we only need those 3 wins šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Hopefully it will give the players that bit of encouragement for tomorrow 4 points ahead of Forrest and 5 over Luton would be a nice position to be in.Ā 
Of course that now means Dyche is going to play ultra safe to snatch a 1-0

6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Luton battered at home.

Burnley starting to find their way, likely too late.

We must win tomorrow. If we can, and then beat Luton and Sheff Utd, we'll be sound.

Yeah...we only need those 3 wins šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Honestly I don't think it's going to take all 3. As long as we don't lose to Luton and win one more we will be fine...that would be min 5pts difference v Luton with only 3 games to go for them.
Ā 

to be mathematically certain, yes, we need to win those 3 games...but it's likely not going to take that.

of course, we don't look like winning ANY games right now!

I'm still not convinced in how we play. Still think we are 50% reliant on other teams below us being poo.Ā 
Ā 

there was spirit today which is good but we are not a very well coached team in possession and it scares me. Another day and we lose that with Pickford and the ref/var

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm still not convinced in how we play. Still think we are 50% reliant on other teams below us being poo.Ā 
Ā 

there was spirit today which is good but we are not a very well coached team in possession and it scares me. Another day and we lose that with Pickford and the ref/var

I thought in the first in particular there were plenty of good passing moments, players looking for space and playing the ball forward.

Agree it wasnā€™t a straight forward 2-0 but a good result nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

I thought in the first in particular there were plenty of good passing moments, players looking for space and playing the ball forward.

Agree it wasnā€™t a straight forward 2-0 but a good result nonetheless.

Sometimes, I think our anxiety over our current situation sometimes makes us view games in a skewed way.

Like yesterday, we were actually fairly comfortable and the better side for the most part, but because conceding one goal can be so damaging for us I couldn't really enjoy anything about the game.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Sometimes, I think our anxiety over our current situation sometimes makes us view games in a skewed way.

Like yesterday, we were actually fairly comfortable and the better side for the most part, but because conceding one goal can be so damaging for us I couldn't really enjoy anything about the game.

Yeah I agree mate & Iā€™m not suggesting we were knocking it around like prime Barcelona however, there did seem to be a shift in tactics.

Our wing play remains absolute dogshit though. Crying out for someone with a bit of pace.

Just now, Btay said:

Yeah I agree mate & Iā€™m not suggesting we were knocking it around like prime Barcelona however, there did seem to be a shift in tactics.

Our wing play remains absolute dogshit though. Crying out for someone with a bit of pace.

I was agreeing with you totally. Like I said in the matchday thread, I thought we played some good stuff. For both goals we were passing it around beforehand (more so for the second goal, where the passing had more purpose).

We just don't do it over long periods during games.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I was agreeing with you totally. Like I said in the matchday thread, I thought we played some good stuff. For both goals we were passing it around beforehand (more so for the second goal, where the passing had more purpose).

Sorry mate I wasnā€™t implying you werenā€™t, more so that it wasnā€™t a clinical performance in possession but definitely an improved on.

I was really disappointed we went away from it in the second half. Shame about Dele this year as he would contribute greatly to the team playing that way.

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Ā 

Its purely about the results now - period. We have actually played much better this season and come away with draws or defeats.

Purely results wise we should have confirmed safety today and perhaps been able to use the last 5 games of the season to give fringe players a proper run out with a little less pressure and more freedom to play, (although Patterson is rules out). It would have be great to see Chermiti start some games and see proper if he has raw talent for the prem.Ā 

Dyche could have experimented a bit with players, formations, tactics etc. However, we will never know becasue we are still in a relegation fight.Ā Ā 

More than any other season there have been outside distractions from football being caused internally and externally. None of use really know how this has effected behind the scence on the footballing side of the club (because its been horrendus as a fan), I don't think this season the club would have survived another managerial swap out.Ā  Far far more problems at the club this year than 'how we play'.

I have seen both positive and negative from Dyche and it actually very difficult to judge him properly given the turbulence around the place. Had a good run and had a bad run, and still 5 games to go.Ā  This season has not been black and white.Ā 

44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think when we looked good it was when Forest were out of shape.Ā 

our movement on the ball is absolutely awful, players pass slower than the pace of the man running so they can't run on to passes - have to stop and allow the defender to recover.Ā 

our lack of pace in the side is criminal. Ā Needs addressing asap.Ā 
Ā 

little mention for Gomes - Ā got no pace, no legs, no confidence but I'd have him in our side all day over that disgrace who should be dominating midfields but decided to finish his season weeks ago - Onana. Ā  Don't like dyche but he's spot on with Onana - get him training with the kids, arm waving mess.Ā 

I think one of the real negatives for the most part was the repeated long balls that just came back again.

Pickford would get the ball, go long and Forest almost always won it else it would end up with a Forest player after our player won the initial ball and we'd then be on the back foot again.

It seemed to be like that for a long period of the game until about 10 minutes before our second goal when we started to play the ball around better.

I actually thought we played better when Beto came on, that wasn't necessarily down to him but more a tactical change probably with the Gomes to Garner as well with McNeil coming in to support Beto more often and getting more involved.Ā  This gave us a lot more movement in the middle.

I know Pickford can play a long ball but when it's so predictable and they are waiting for it all of the time it's a lot easier to defend those balls than it is to attack them.

Watching him Shepheard the whole team over to the right hand side so he could hit a free kick out from by the right side of his box reminded me of my 11 a side days when everyone would go to one side or the other for goal kicks! :D

Despite getting battered at the Bridge we're in a much better place now than we were 10 days ago. Not quite out of the woods yet. As it stands right now 7 points from 5 games would guarantee us safety (that assumes Luton win their last four games).Ā 

Bournemouth away 1 (0)
Newcastle away 0 (1)
Burnley home 3 (3)
Chelsea away 0 (0)
Forest home 3 (3)
Shite home 0
Brentford home 1
Luton away 1
Sheffield Utd home 3
Arsenal away 0

Projected total points: 35
Current points: 30

Forest - 26 pts: city home, sheffield away, chelsea home, burnley awayĀ Ā 

Luton - 25 pts: wolves away, everton home, west ham away, fulham home

51 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Despite getting battered at the Bridge we're in a much better place now than we were 10 days ago. Not quite out of the woods yet. As it stands right now 7 points from 5 games would guarantee us safety (that assumes Luton win their last four games).Ā 

Bournemouth away 1 (0)
Newcastle away 0 (1)
Burnley home 3 (3)
Chelsea away 0 (0)
Forest home 3 (3)
Shite home 0
Brentford home 1
Luton away 1
Sheffield Utd home 3
Arsenal away 0

Projected total points: 37
Current points: 30

Forest - 26 pts: city home, sheffield away, chelsea home, burnley awayĀ Ā 

Luton - 25 pts: wolves away, everton home, west ham away, fulham home

Does you projected points total (37) still include the 2 additional points that PL have taken off us?. We are on 30 now, plus your projected draws against Brentford (1) and Luton (1) and win against Sheff Utd (3) only gives us 35 points total.Ā 

If Luton draw against us (1) and win other 3 games (9) it would put them also on 35 points.Ā 

Unless results are favourable for us this weekend, then the Luton game is still massive as it really is a 6 pointer. I feel we will get 0 last day and Luton will get 3 points of Fulham. We need a three point buffer going in to the final round of games.

Ā 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Does you projected points total (37) still include the 2 additional points that PL have taken off us?. We are on 30 now, plus your projected draws against Brentford (1) and Luton (1) and win against Sheff Utd (3) only gives us 35 points total.Ā 

If Luton draw against us (1) and win other 3 games (9) it would put them also on 35 points.Ā 

Unless results are favourable for us this weekend, then the Luton game is still massive as it really is a 6 pointer. I feel we will get 0 last day and Luton will get 3 points of Fulham. We need a three point buffer going in to the final round of games.

Ā 

Probably just a typo; thinks he's projecting 35, which will almost certainly be enough, but 37 makes it mathematically certain (unless the league dock us more points:().

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Probably just a typo; thinks he's projecting 35, which will almost certainly be enough, but 37 makes it mathematically certain (unless the league dock us more points:().

Sorry - correct I never updated after the points deduction. Will correct to 35.Ā 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

2-1...... you've had good times.

One point neededĀ 

Mathematically two (we just scored hopefully making this redundant:D).

If we get one we'll be nine points ahead of Luton, if they win their last three while we lose ours and they make up a seventeen GD deficit they'd be above us. Very likely.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Mathematically two (we just scored hopefully making this redundant:D).

If we get one we'll be nine points ahead of Luton, if they win their last three while we lose ours and they make up a seventeen GD deficit they'd be above us. Very likely.

The season has zapped that much out of me that I want to watch the remaining games with absolutely no interest. Until we're mathematically certain then I won't relax.Ā 
Ā 

tired of football tbhĀ 
Ā 

Ā 

I really don't know why some were so worried about Luton.

We didn't even pick up our first point until the fourth game of the season. Our first win didn't come until the sixth game of the season. We went 14 games without winning a game. We had two points deductions that took two wins and a draw off us. And still Luton couldn't get ahead of us in the league.

We have won double the amount of games they have but, please, tell me how much better they are than us.

Hopefully there'll be less flapping from some of our fans next season :lol:.