IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

1 minute ago, Goodison Glory said:
50 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Are you contributing to the annoyance by being annoyed at the annoyance therfore growing the square volume of the total capacity of the annoyance?

From this I conclude having read the posts that you seem more annoyed AT ME than anyone.

That's an astute conclusion šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• 9 months later...

Sadly on our form (and the pts deduction both already taken and what could be taken further) I think it's time to resurrect the topic. Unless something really unexpected happens it looks like we fight it out with Forest and Luton for 18th. 10 games left.Ā 

Bournemouth away 1
Newcastle away 0
Burnley home 3
Chelsea away 0Ā 
Forest home 3
Brentford home 1
Luton away 1
Sheffield Utd home 3
Arsenal away 0
Shite away 0

Projected total points: 37

Forest - 24 pts: Luton away, palace home, fulham home, spurs away, wolves home, everton away, city home, sheffield away, chelsea home, burnley awayĀ Ā 

Luton - 21 pts: bournemouth away, forest home, spurs away, arsenal away, bournemouth home, city away, brentford home, wolves away, everton home, west ham away, fulham home

Ā 

56 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Sadly on our form (and the pts deduction both already taken and what could be taken further) I think it's time to resurrect the topic. Unless something really unexpected happens it looks like we fight it out with Forest and Luton for 18th. 10 games left.Ā 

Bournemouth away 1
Newcastle away 0
Burnley home 3
Chelsea away 0Ā 
Forest home 3
Brentford home 1
Luton away 1
Sheffield Utd home 3
Arsenal away 0
Shite away 0

Forest - 24 pts: Luton away, palace home, fulham home, spurs away, wolves home, everton away, city home, sheffield away, chelsea home, burnley awayĀ Ā 

Luton - 21 pts: bournemouth away, forest home, spurs away, arsenal away, bournemouth home, city away, brentford home, wolves away, everton home, west ham away, fulham home

Ā 

Forest have a slightly easier run in than us on paper, and Luton even easier, we need to win our games against both of these as pretty much must wins. By the time we play Sheffield they will already be confirmed as relegated, which could be too our disadvantage, because they will be playing with less fear and more freedom with nothing to lose, where it will be completely opposite for us. Ā 

Feeling all deja vu.

This is frustrating as hell, as without those points deduction this season, since the turn of the year we should have been a mid table team enjoying much more freedon in our approch to games. Instead of team building we are again a team having to battle and scrap to the bitter end of the season.Ā 

I think we can all but right the championship chasing Arsenal and the Shite games off - so realistically 8 games left in my eye.Ā 

8 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Well Luton shit the bed tonight. Getting beat 4-3 after being 3 up is a bad way to lose a game.Ā 

Ā 

They've been there before.... 2 goals up vs Newcastle 20 minutes to play and drew 4-4. They've grabbed last minute equalisers despite being outplayed....Ā 

Ā I'd love to be able to say "yeah they will fall apart now"...... Ā they aren't us! Ā They aren't a bunch of shithouses scared to have a pop. They have players who want to get on the ball.Ā 

people quoting stats about Luton's results..... FFS just watch them. They are prepared to lose games by going for wins and I fancy them to get more wins than us and more losses than us in the run in.Ā 

when players have their flip flops on in mid April protecting themselves for the euros or the next season - Luton are the last team you want them playing. Ā They will be playing Bournemouth and Wolves when they have nothing to play for. Bournemouth more or less secured survival tonight. Ā They have a 6 pointer vs us......

"you've had good times"Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

They've been there before.... 2 goals up vs Newcastle 20 minutes to play and drew 4-4. They've grabbed last minute equalisers despite being outplayed....Ā 

Ā I'd love to be able to say "yeah they will fall apart now"...... Ā they aren't us! Ā They aren't a bunch of shithouses scared to have a pop. They have players who want to get on the ball.Ā 

people quoting stats about Luton's results..... FFS just watch them. They are prepared to lose games by going for wins and I fancy them to get more wins than us and more losses than us in the run in.Ā 

when players have their flip flops on in mid April protecting themselves for the euros or the next season - Luton are the last team you want them playing. Ā They will be playing Bournemouth and Wolves when they have nothing to play for. Bournemouth more or less secured survival tonight. Ā They have a 6 pointer vs us......

"you've had good times"Ā 

Ā 

well, it looked like they shit the bed to me tonight. and I'll simply take pleasure and a bit of enjoyment from in it while I can.Ā 

Ā 

34 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

well, it looked like they shit the bed to me tonight. and I'll simply take pleasure and a bit of enjoyment from in it while I can.Ā 

Ā 

Interesting though isn't it.... we had people saying it's in our hands and it's all on what we do..... but on a random Wednesday night we have Everton fans crapping themselves.Ā 
Ā 

enjoyment?? Ā I really don't see any enjoyment from not winning in 11 matches and watching a team that cost less than Michael Keane show more attack and bottle than our side.

but I guess dyche has a really tough hand to play and looks on enviously at Rob Edwards.,

after this evenings match our odd for relegation have drifted from 5/1 to 13/2.Ā 

If Luton had stayed at 0-3, I am pretty sure those odd will have shortened from 5/1. That switch in the result means our odds on avoiding relegation improved by more than 20%.

After seeing the half time score, then seeing Luton lose 4 second half goals improved my mood dramatically.

As daft as it might sound, given where we are in the season I am far happier seeing teams below us losing their game in hand rather than winning them.

I said i enjoyed Luton getting beat tonight. Who said they enjoyed watch Everton not wining 11 games?Ā 

everton not winning or Dyche not performing is a separate debate.

if I don't enjoy these little nuggets when I can, I'd simply be grumpy all the time.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, RuffRob said:

after this evenings match our odd for relegation have drifted from 5/1 to 13/2.Ā 

If Luton had stayed at 0-3, I am pretty sure those odd will have shortened from 5/1. That switch in the result means our odds on avoiding relegation improved by more than 20%.

After seeing the half time score, then seeing Luton lose 4 second half goals improved my mood dramatically.

As daft as it might sound, given where we are in the season I am far happier seeing teams below us losing their game in hand rather than winning them.

I said i enjoyed Luton getting beat tonight. Who said they enjoyed watch Everton not wining 11 games?Ā 

everton not winning or Dyche not performing is a separate debate.

if I don't enjoy these little nuggets when I can, I'd simply be grumpy all the time.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I've got premier league relegation odds by oddschecker as one of my bookmarks Rob..... been in my safari browser for 3 years now. Ā I also have become an expert on the importance of relegation threatened sides injured players too.Ā 
Ā 

I found myself hoping Barkley was gonna be out for 5/6 weeks when he hit the deck tonight. Not very nice is it. Ā Ā 
Ā 

yeah I have become an expert in looking at 3rd parties to give me comfort that we won't go down. Ā 

my frustration is we have a fanbase who really could not see all this coming... go back on the board thread and Kenwright was supposed to be the man who showed moshiri the way.

Grant Ingles had a solid C.V apparently to some and DBB proved her worth by climbing up the ladder.... yeah we got best in class there didn't we? Didn't capitalise the stadium loans and got hammered points for it.Ā 

I said a long time ago that our club was in the pits when the agms were cancelled after previous ones seeing valid questions refused. Let's clap a blokes face on the screen in the stadium though.... let's pretend he never took a penny out the club.Ā 
Ā 

we are now left with a broken club which is being circled by vultures. We are reliant on one of the cheapest squads in premier league history in Luton to hopefully dismantle and take the 3rd relegation spot.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I've got premier league relegation odds by oddschecker as one of my bookmarks Rob..... been in my safari browser for 3 years now. Ā I also have become an expert on the importance of relegation threatened sides injured players too.Ā 
Ā 

I found myself hoping Barkley was gonna be out for 5/6 weeks when he hit the deck tonight. Not very nice is it. Ā Ā 
Ā 

yeah I have become an expert in looking at 3rd parties to give me comfort that we won't go down. Ā 

my frustration is we have a fanbase who really could not see all this coming... go back on the board thread and Kenwright was supposed to be the man who showed moshiri the way.

Grant Ingles had a solid C.V apparently to some and DBB proved her worth by climbing up the ladder.... yeah we got best in class there didn't we? Didn't capitalise the stadium loans and got hammered points for it.Ā 

I said a long time ago that our club was in the pits when the agms were cancelled after previous ones seeing valid questions refused. Let's clap a blokes face on the screen in the stadium though.... let's pretend he never took a penny out the club.Ā 
Ā 

we are now left with a broken club which is being circled by vultures. We are reliant on one of the cheapest squads in premier league history in Luton to hopefully dismantle and take the 3rd relegation spot.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

We all know what a shit storm of club we have been and currently still are with much still left unresolved. It's been debated and discused to the nth degree on any number of posts - so I don't really need reminding or being jumping on about it with rant after rant based simply initially commenting that Luton fucked up big time in the second half last night (which they did) when playing the game in hand they have over us, and then subsequently saying I am much happier that Luton lost it 4-3 over them winning 0-3.

A shit it as it the reality at this very moment in time Everton are in a relegation battle with Luton Town and Nottingham Forest.Ā  I though this post was about the results on the run in to the season.Ā 

It gets tediouse if every conversation just ends kick around the same old ground.

Ā 

11 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Daft??? Sounds very normal to me! I was doing a little jig at the end, fist pumping the wall, then screaming GET IN like it was 1999 1995.

22 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think we can all but right the championship chasing Arsenal and the Shite games off - so realistically 8 games left in my eye.Ā 

Arsenal could be playing for the title on the last day of the season, so pressure will be on them, too. Don't rule us out holding them to 4-0 or something and staying up on goal difference!

23 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

We all know what a shit storm of club we have been and currently still are with much still left unresolved. It's been debated and discused to the nth degree on any number of posts - so I don't really need reminding or being jumping on about it with rant after rant based simply initially commenting that Luton fucked up big time in the second half last night (which they did) when playing the game in hand they have over us, and then subsequently saying I am much happier that Luton lost it 4-3 over them winning 0-3.

A shit it as it the reality at this very moment in time Everton are in a relegation battle with Luton Town and Nottingham Forest.Ā  I though this post was about the results on the run in to the season.Ā 

It gets tediouse if every conversation just ends kick around the same old ground.

Ā 

We all know the shit stork of a club we've become cos the debating that often takes place is fans saying "this is what's happening, it's not good enough we need to take action" vs "kopite behaviour, who could do better, bill saved the club from Johnson, the board aren't on massive money".

Lo and behold the same shit continues. Ā  Apathy and lies has ruined the club. Started with us being told 7th is a good position for a club like Everton. Ā 
Ā 

Neville southall got it spot on. Ā He knew the trajectory when he sat against his goal post vs Leeds. Ā He was called a traitor by some...... bollocks he had standards that were slipping by others. My mate trained with him and Jason Kearton for an hour after his youth team training ended - he was in same set up as cadamarteri, they were sat watching the keepers train and southall barked at them to get off their arses and get over here .... in that one hour after the main training session he did more work than he had ever done in any session. Ā The main squad had long gone in.... southall was relentless and that's why he won't take free tickets and play the game our former chairman wanted ex players to play.Ā 
Ā 

those standards have long goneĀ 

Ā 

23 minutes ago, Formby said:

Daft??? Sounds very normal to me! I was doing a little jig at the end, fist pumping the wall, then screaming GET IN like it was 1999 1995.

Phew, glad its wasn't just me, I was being to feel a right c*nt for enjoying seeing Bournmouth comeback last night and take all the points.Ā Ā šŸ¤£

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Phew, glad its wasn't just me, I was being to feel a right c*nt for enjoying seeing Bournmouth comeback last night and take all the points.Ā Ā šŸ¤£

I think there is a big difference between enjoyment and relief - maybe you've got the 2 confused?

watching Luton have 10 men in the box in the 100th minute where they are usually deadly wasn't enjoyable. Ā 
Ā 

does it give us an interest in the games? Yeah.... but that interest is our clubs future.

Looked in the first half and saw they were 3 - 0 up and was like "Fuck", various swear words aimed at Bournemouth.

Looked again at full time and was like a win amazing. Then felt bad for swearing at Bournemouth, then remembered that Solanke plays for them and called him a cunt, because he is.

In all seriousness if we can get a result in the next match it would be huge.

COYB please lets get back to being able to cheer Everton winning, pretty please.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It has been a catalog of errors over the last 7 years, and if we succumb to the threat of relegation what weā€™ve witnessed to date will pale into comparison on what will lay ahead. We are over a Billion pound in debt, with loans spread over 5 companies that we know of, with some interest rates exceeding 10.5%, and still over 100 million to pay on the Stadium.
We are at present running short of 20 million a month which is currently being funded by 777.Ā 
So if we go down who in their right minds would want to take on a Billion pound debt on a club valued at 500-600 million, that will probably drop if we get relegated, our sponsors revenue will significantly drop our TV money will significantly drop, our money from the league will significantly drop, and our gate receipts and merchandising will drop.Ā 
We might think we have money problems now, but if we go down we have a pretty good chance of going out of business.Ā 
Thatā€™s why itā€™s so important that we do everything in our power to stay up, and make decisions no matter how difficult they are to make.Ā 

with no game for us this weekend, Luton vs Forest and Burnley vs Bradford are the games that will have the biggest bearing on our league position.Ā 

Not sure who I'll be routing for, as don't want really want to seen any of them pick up any points.

draws would probably suit us best.

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

with no game for us this weekend, Luton vs Forest and Burnley vs Bradford are the games that will have the biggest bearing on our league position.Ā 

Not sure who I'll be routing for, as don't want really want to seen any of them pick up any points.

draws would probably suit us best.

Brentford instead of Bradford? I hope Burnley win and Luton lose.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Brentford instead of Bradford? I hope Burnley win and Luton lose.

No. To distract from their FFP mess, the EPL somehow managed to swap Bradford for Brentford.

Poor Toney, having to resort to betting on Grimsby vs Sutton Utd

On 12/03/2024 at 13:40, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Bournemouth away 1
Newcastle away 0
Burnley home 3
Chelsea away 0Ā 
Forest home 3
Brentford home 1
Luton away 1
Sheffield Utd home 3
Arsenal away 0
Shite away 0

Forest - 24 pts: palace home, fulham home, spurs away, wolves home, everton away, city home, sheffield away, chelsea home, burnley awayĀ Ā 

Luton - 21 pts: spurs away, arsenal away, bournemouth home, city away, brentford home, wolves away, everton home, west ham away, fulham home

Ā 

Current points: 25

Luton - 22 pts: bournemouth away, forest home, spurs away, arsenal away, bournemouth home, city away, brentford home, wolves away, everton home, west ham away, fulham home

Forest - 21 pts: palace home, fulham home, spurs away, wolves home, everton away, city home, sheffield away, chelsea home, burnley awayĀ Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

Bournemouth away 1 (0)
Newcastle away 0 (1)
Burnley home 3
Chelsea away 0Ā 
Forest home 3
Brentford home 1
Luton away 1
Sheffield Utd home 3
Arsenal away 0
Shite away 0

Current points: 26

Forest - 25 pts: spurs away, wolves home, everton away, city home, sheffield away, chelsea home, burnley awayĀ Ā 

Luton - 22 pts: spurs away, arsenal away, bournemouth home, city away, brentford home, wolves away, everton home, west ham away, fulham home

Ā 

6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Thought I wouldn't be writing in this topic much šŸ™ˆ

It feels very much in our own hands fixture wise. 8 games to go. 5 of those against teams in 15th, 17th, 18th, 19th & 20th.

Really hope that, even though it was a penalty, DCL gets a boost in confidence. A nice 5 or so goals could make a big difference for us.

All in absolute hope of course!!!

It's in our hands as long as we aren't deducted an additional 5 points or more. Until we know the penalty it's impossible to know who controls their own destiny. Burnley on Saturday is MASSIVE. Begging everyone on here who is going to be in full (and united) voice. We've kept this club afloat for almost 3 years now. What's a couple more weeks. COYB!