IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

14 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It's in our hands as long as we aren't deducted an additional 5 points or more. Until we know the penalty it's impossible to know who controls their own destiny. Burnley on Saturday is MASSIVE. Begging everyone on here who is going to be in full (and united) voice. We've kept this club afloat for almost 3 years now. What's a couple more weeks. COYB!

Ah shit I forgot about that.

Bollocks

Still...could be argued we have 18 points to fight for where we mostly have a favourable chance to win (I write off the Shite and Arsenal. Chelsea can be done though).

I think the two biggest games on the list are Forest and Luton, as one of these could turn out to be 6 pointers come the end of the season. (Given the league table at the moment Luton is the most likely team to be fighting to get away from 3rd relegation spot). These are must not lose games. Luton's last two games after they play us are winnalbe. 

We can't leave it this year until the last day of the season - as we will get fuck all away to Arsenal. 

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think the two biggest games on the list are Forest and Luton, as one of these could turn out to be 6 pointers come the end of the season. (Given the league table at the moment Luton is the most likely team to be fighting to get away from 3rd relegation spot). These are must not lose games. Luton's last two games after they play us are winnalbe. 

We can't leave it this year until the last day of the season - as we will get fuck all away to Arsenal. 

My hope is that it will be similar to the home match against Palace a couple years ago where we clinched safety that day and then had nothing to play for in the final match of the season at the Emirates. 

It would be nice to get a win over the Shite though. The will come to our place on a Wednesday evening as their 7th game in 21 days (and on the back of away games to Atlanta and then Fulham). This would be as good as time as any to play them. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It would be nice to get a win over the Shite though. The will come to our place on a Wednesday evening as their 7th game in 21 days (and on the back of away games to Atlanta and then Fulham). This would be as good as time as any to play them. 

It would. We broke the streak at Anfield, even if it was a match played behind closed doors with no fans. It still counts. 

That being said, we've seen in the past that we couldn't even beat a team of the Shite that had some of their youth players in the starting XI. 

Brentford are definitely in the relegation battle now, and if you look at Crystal Palaces games, all the teams they have left to play are all above them. Palaces easiest games looks to be West Ham and Newcastle at home. 

looking at the games left I would hope we finish above Palace.

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Brentford are definitely in the relegation battle now, and if you look at Crystal Palaces games, all the teams they have left to play are all above them. Palaces easiest games looks to be West Ham and Newcastle at home. 

Considering their recent run of form and how Toney and Collins were arguing after the match, I'd definitely say Brentford is coming apart at the seams (if they weren't already). 

Palace's remaining schedule is tough but I'd think they'd have enough of a cushion to avoid relegation. They're at 30 points right now. 35 would have been enough last season to avoid relegation (We had 36; Leicester had 34). You'd have to think they could at least squeeze 6 or 7 points out of what they have remaining. 

19 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Don't forget about the cute lil points deduction we're about to be hit with. No way we finish above Palace

I might have a cheeky £20 on Palace - at 25/1. 

Palace have only taken a total of 11 points from the 14 teams above them (if you also include us - with the 6 point we have lost) so far this season.) 19 points has come from the bottom 5 teams, we 12 of their points coming off the bottom two teams.

All Palace's remaining games are against teams above them (many who are chasing a european spot), new manager does not really seemed to have changed much results wise, fourth worst goal difference, one of the players getting pelters today for swapping his shirt with Harland at half time!!! In 2 or 3 games time they might find themselves right in the mix.

I fancy Brentford to finish higher than Palace. So see Palaces odd tumbling next weekend if Liverpool beat them at Anfeild next week and the Bees win their home game against the Blades - I just think 25/1 is generous this evening for a team in pretty poor form. 

If Luton do rally for the run in (massive win for them today after being a goal down), it wouldn't surprise me to see Palace drawn into the final day survival battle if it comes to it. 

11 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I might have a cheeky £20 on Palace - at 25/1. 

Palace have only taken a total of 11 points from the 14 teams above them (if you also include us - with the 6 point we have lost) so far this season.) 19 points has come from the bottom 5 teams, we 12 of their points coming off the bottom two teams.

All Palace's remaining games are against teams above them (many who are chasing a european spot), new manager does not really seemed to have changed much results wise, fourth worst goal difference, one of the players getting pelters today for swapping his shirt with Harland at half time!!! In 2 or 3 games time they might find themselves right in the mix.

I fancy Brentford to finish higher than Palace. So see Palaces odd tumbling next weekend if Liverpool beat them at Anfeild next week and the Bees win their home game against the Blades - I just think 25/1 is generous this evening for a team in pretty poor form. 

If Luton do rally for the run in (massive win for them today after being a goal down), it wouldn't surprise me to see Palace drawn into the final day survival battle if it comes to it. 

I have a question, and it has literally nothing to do with your insights. 

Why the FUCK do I keep seeing people spelling this man's name as Harland? Harland is a pig farmer from Kentucky, not a Norwegian super-striker.

Ok that's all 🙃

19 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Why the FUCK do I keep seeing people spelling this man's name as Harland? Harland is a pig farmer from Kentucky, not a Norwegian super-striker.

Ok that's all 🙃

Some people can't even spell Jarrad correctly, so Haaland is nigh on impossible.

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Ok that's all 🙃

because some of us are dyslexic and are just not great at reading and writing, particularly spelling. 

had people take the piss since i was a school.kid, trying to make me feel stupid if I make a mistake, from both teachers and other kids.

Must be great to be so clever.

answer you question?

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

because some of us are dyslexic and are just not great at reading and writing, particularly spelling. 

had people take the piss since i was a school.kid, trying to make me feel stupid if I make a mistake, from both teachers and other kids.

answer you question?

Well said lad

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

answer you question?

Not dyslexic myself so not sure how it manifests but personally, if I'm going to talk about or mention a player whose name I'm unsure of, I google it before typing so I get it right. Would that then not make any dyslexia not relevant? Like if I had maths issues and was unsure on 8x7, so stuck it in a calculator to make sure I had the right answer?

Not judging in any way, have no idea what it's like, just wondering.

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

answer you question?

Apologies pal, I actually thought it was because of the way that maybe you all pronounce his last name over there 😂

Never meant to cause offense

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

answer you question?

Fair play to you Rob I would never have guessed you were dyslexic mate, for me you are doing a marvellously good job at getting past your disability👍

19 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Ok that's all 🙃

Just like Dunlop is a tyre company. What's with the double p?

On 06/04/2024 at 13:17, RuffRob said:

If you remember, I suggested that Brentford would struggle when I watched them play Brighton here in Atlanta during the pre-season. It seems that assessment was correct; they are struggling. I do think they'll survive, though. Palace must be a little nervous right now.

Burnley and Sheffield United must be certs for relegation at this point. Personally, I'd much rather see Forest face the drop than Luton. If only we had the same team spirit as Luton, who keep pulling rabbits out of the hat.

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We play Chelsea a week on Monday.... they have fa cup semi vs Man City 5 days later. 

Surely if poch doesn't rest players - they will be tentative to strong challenges. 

I just have no clue what to expect with Chelsea. Showed great resilience to come back against United, then shit the bed today against Sheff Utd

29 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I just have no clue what to expect with Chelsea. Showed great resilience to come back against United, then shit the bed today against Sheff Utd

The talk is about them making Europe.... surely they won't be arsed about the conference league. Probably prefer to have just league games 

51 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Chelsea are just weird, like really fucking weird. Never seen a team so up and down as them - flip a coin to see if they win next week.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

We play Chelsea a week on Monday.... they have fa cup semi vs Man City 5 days later. 

Surely if poch doesn't rest players - they will be tentative to strong challenges. 

I can really see us getting something from that game.

We have an interesting 4 games in quick succession coming up.

Chelsea, Forest, Liverpool & Brentford.

Imperative that we take points from Forest & Brentford.

Chelsea have a cup tie as mentioned above whilst Liverpool have a UCL away day, trip to Fulham & then play us at Goodison in the space of a week. (Whilst also playing West Ham 2 days after us)

There is an opportunity to pick up points from places we didn’t expect to get points here.