IGNORED

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Yes but the point about FFP has no bearing to tax as tax is about a given year whereas FFP is a rolling 3-4 yr period. My point was before we start calculating what we have to spend based on sales and reduced wages...we need to first consider that the year rolling off is significantly better than the one being added.

of course there are other outs and takes such as improved commercial deals etc. 

I 100% get that it’s a rolling period. I’m just pointing out that spending isn’t as simple as being based on P@L. There are many other factors that go into it, as being demonstrated by Everton at this very moment.

I am definitely NOT pretending that I know it all. Trust me… I pay a business coach to tell me what to do haha.

On 05/08/2022 at 00:08, Shukes said:

If we didn’t sell anyone this year, we would still have room to buy. 

In assuming football clubs still have to pay corporate tax.

We also sold a lot later for 60m. Not had that amount in cash, but still owed 60m. This is added to the pot.

Little snippet. Wren reworked their showrooms last year….. for nothing….. all of them.

I was under the impression that the Richarlison deal had to be completed in a time frame so the monies could help off set the losses of last season, and stop us falling foul of FFP. What we have to spend this year will be based on this season’s turnover and expenditure with no funds being carried forward from last season as we made a loss. I don’t think Everton will be paying any income tax for many years to come bar the PAYE for their direct employees. 

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was under the impression that the Richarlison deal had to be completed in a time frame so the monies could help off set the losses of last season, and stop us falling foul of FFP. What we have to spend this year will be based on this season’s turnover and expenditure with no funds being carried forward from last season as we made a loss. I don’t think Everton will be paying any income tax for many years to come bar the PAYE for their direct employees. 

It’s a rolling three year term, so even though each year is taken in isolation, in terms of P&S it’s the three years that hurts us and will continue to do so. But we’ve saved a lot in wages and still had transfer fees coming in to help. 
Richarlisons sale falling into last seasons numbers will help for the next couple of years. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

It’s a rolling three year term, so even though each year is taken in isolation, in terms of P&S it’s the three years that hurts us and will continue to do so. But we’ve saved a lot in wages and still had transfer fees coming in to help. 
Richarlisons sale falling into last seasons numbers will help for the next couple of years. 

1 minute ago, DownUnderToff said:

Definitely going to be needing at least another CB to reinforce, possibly 2 if we move Mina on.

Coady seems pretty likely.  Dan-Axel Zagadou and Jason Denayer are both out of contract and could be decent options.

Big if.

1 minute ago, DownUnderToff said:

Definitely going to be needing at least another CB to reinforce, possibly 2 if we move Mina on.

Coady seems pretty likely.  Dan-Axel Zagadou and Jason Denayer are both out of contract and could be decent options.

Mina giving away a penalty, getting booked for trying to wind up the penalty taker and then getting injured trying to do a step over, it’s all just classic Mina. 
It’s also why he’ll be with us until his massive contract expires. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

Mina giving away a penalty, getting booked for trying to wind up the penalty taker and then getting injured trying to do a step over, it’s all just classic Mina. 

I thought it was Doucoure that gave the penalty away. Fuck me, I've had even more reason to dislike the big fucking oaf and hadn't even realised.

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought it was Doucoure that gave the penalty away. Fuck me, I've had even more reason to dislike the big fucking oaf and hadn't even realised.

It was Doucoure who gave away the penalty he held back mount.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You’re right it was Doucoure. Thought it was Mina, but view was blocked a bit from my seat. Saw the replay last night. Still shit though. 

I think given that the purse strings are pretty tight I think this summer its about spreading relatively little a long way. 

I think in this transfer window we are getting a good mix of youth and seasoned pro's who go straight in to the team. Bigger fees paid for youngsters and lesser or no fees for older player. I think all the players being brought in so far are hungry, robust, are of the right character and mentality and significantly improve our squad from a footballing point of view.  

This summer we look to be stabilizing and forming a solid base for the future. I am expecting us to become very tough to beat as the season goes on, and developing our offensive capabilities off the back of this solid foundation. The squad have been to soft and too fragile for far to long,  it's as if somebody in now really thinking about it!!!

seems to me the first questions in our recruitment are now - is he injury prone? does he work hard? is a sound character? is he passionate about playing for this club? does he have the footballing attributes we need for this squad? does he provide good value - and it only if all these questions are answered correctly that any sort effort in signing him is made. 

As it stands I will give the recruitment team the benefit of the doubt in the pursuit of a striker.  

I think with an addition of a decent striker who can backup/challenge DCL either a loan or signing the window will look decent.  A more Eriksen type midfielder would have been good but we can't have it all and given we created an expected goal count of 3.2 in our game against Chelsea we weren't totally devoid of chances so if the players we have can be a bit more clinical backed up by a striker we should be able to get by.

I don't think you can comment on a transfer window till well after its closed though, everyone happily slates are awful transfer policy of the last few years but I remember the excitement around the transfer window when we signed Gylfi, Keane, Pickford, Klassen, Vlasic, Rooney and Sandro Ramirez as well as Onyekuru (people saw him as a starting striker for January!)

IN: Tarkowski, McNeil, Onana
OUT: Richarlison
LOAN IN: Vinagre, Coady
LOAN OUT: JVirginia, Branthwaite, Simms, Dobbin, Broadhead
Out of contract end of 22/23 season: Begovic, Lonergan, Mina, Seamus, Nkounkou, Allan, Gordon, Davies, Townsend, Rondon

Squad for 22/23 right now:
GK: Pickford, Begovic, Lonergan
RB: Patterson, Coleman
CB: Tarkowski, Coady, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Keane
LB: Mykolenko, Vinagre, Nkounkou

CM: Onana, Doucoure, Iwobi, Dele, Allan, Gbamin, Davies, Gomes
W: Gordon, McNeil, Gray, Townsend
ST: DCL, Rondon

Just now, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Tarkowski, McNeil, Onana
OUT: Richarlison
LOAN IN: Vinagre, Coady
LOAN OUT: JVirginia, Branthwaite, Simms, Dobbin, Broadhead
Out of contract end of 22/23 season: Begovic, Lonergan, Mina, Seamus, Nkounkou, Allan, Gordon, Davies, Townsend, Rondon

Squad for 22/23 right now:
GK: Pickford, Begovic, Lonergan
RB: Patterson, Coleman
CB: Tarkowski, Coady, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Keane
LB: Mykolenko, Vinagre, Nkounkou

CM: Onana, Doucoure, Iwobi, Dele, Allan, Gbamin, Davies, Gomes
W: Gordon, McNeil, Gray, Townsend
ST: DCL, Rondon

Really good so far. Still a lot of work to be done. Need a striker. Need miracles to shift Keane, Rondon, and 2 of Allan/Gbamin/Gomes. Have to expect Nkounkou out on loan. 

6 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Really good so far. Still a lot of work to be done. Need a striker. Need miracles to shift Keane, Rondon, and 2 of Allan/Gbamin/Gomes. Have to expect Nkounkou out on loan. 

Not sure we could move on Keane if we wanted to right now if we think Godfrey + Mina are each out 2-3+ months. 

Assuming we're pushing the 25 man squad limit right now? I count 28, less Nkounkou for loan, Patterson, Gordon, and Onana as U-21 (assuming Jan 1, 2001 threshold for U-21 status)? That would leave us room to bring in one player prior to shipping off Keane/Gbamin/Gomes/Rondon/others

Anyone disagree with my math?

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Lol people have been saying "once we get Mina/Gomes/Keane etc off our books" for a couple years now, and every time I say "no one is going to take them"

They will be with us until either their contract runs out or we release them

On 09/08/2022 at 09:17, RuffRob said:

seems to me the first questions in our recruitment are now - is he injury prone? does he work hard? is a sound character? is he passionate about playing for this club? does he have the footballing attributes we need for this squad? does he provide good value - and it only if all these questions are answered correctly that any sort effort in signing him is made. 

I started to think I had a shot then until you got to the footballing attributes... oh wait, and the hard working and sound character :P

I would argue that sound character would rule out any Everton supporting player joining!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I started to think I had a shot then until you got to the footballing attributes... oh wait, and the hard working and sound character :P

I would argue that sound character would rule out any Everton supporting player joining!

Speak for yourself. My character is impeccable, I just swear a lot.

I'm feeling pretty fed up at the moment ands I can't wait for the window to close so I can know where we're at and what we're dealing with.

I'm just worried about our situation all the time right now. No one tell me to not worry about it because what will be or whatever bullshit you want to say, because it's really not that easy. If we don't get the signings we need then we are in deep, deep shit.

We all know Everton are well capable of fucking up a good situation but this time we're coming from a place where we survived relegation by the skin of our teeth, so god knows what catastrophe we could bring on ourselves from there :lol:.

It's not an exaggeration to say we could go into a bit of a death spiral if we don't get this right. Go on a bad run due to our ineptitude and Lampard could get the sack and then we need to start again, and fuck knows who the hell we'd hire this time. Lampard's making mistakes but if those above don't get him what he needs (or are incapable of it due to past mistakes) then it won't be on him.

I'm on edge every day waiting for us to get what we need. Some days I'm feeling up at the prospect of who we're signings, or who we're linked with, because they'll improve us. Then I'm shitting myself at who we're linked with or about the signings we haven't made yet.

The window being closed will at least allow me to know what I should be feeling.

Isn’t this the week we were told there will be changes to the squad, so let’s hold out till the end of the week and see what they have lined up. At the moment defence is looking more than adequate midfield and frontline needs improvement, if we don’t get the right players in to improve us soon then we can expect a season full of how we have started. We definitely don’t need anymore signings of the quality of McNeil he’s PL average at his best but currently poor at best. We keep hearing we have money, we keep hearing the manager and DofF are on the same page, we keep hearing Lampard has what it takes to attract better players, now it’s time for the club to stop talking a good game and to start delivering on their words.