IGNORED

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I think we’d like 4 but will get 3 through the door.

1. Gueye - this one will hopefully be done and dusted today.

2. Another central midfield player from Dendoncker, Garner, Kudus (although he may be seen as more of an attacking wide player), Gallagher (on-loan if he becomes available), Gilmour (although I think we’ve since moved on).

3. A wide ‘live wire’ forward player loads linked and still think new names will appear - Chukwueze is a new name today, that Ukrainian lad - maybe something completely out of the blue here, wouldn’t surprise me if Traore gets mentioned again.

4. A striker - Brereton Diaz, Pedro, Broja (on-loan late if he becomes available), Hwang (I think this was just paper talk though), maybe one of the players from the French league linked earlier in the window Guirassy, Moffi, etc.

I think we’ll actively be looking to sell Allan, Gomes and Rondon - Keane or Mina probably would have been available had Mina, Godfrey and Holgate not got injured.

Not using any of the subs yesterday spoke volumes. I think and hope we’ll still be very busy.

It did sound last night in one of Lampard's interviews that another striker might not be of the highest priority. He was keen to reiterate that Dom will soon be back.

Gana and Garner do sound like they are now very high probability. I would like another offensive player - but in the same breath I don't want to see any last minute panic buy over priced crap come here either.

I think Borja loan would be ideal, but guess that would depend on who Chelsea manage to bring in. 

Don’t know a lot about Garner but for £15 million it’s got to be a no brainier.

Gibbs-White did well in EFL and was staggeringly expensive. 
This kid also did well in EFL and appears remarkably cheap in comparison. 

Signings so far have been of a certain mould and character. Really happy with this. Exciting times ahead (and by that I mean mid-table) but I’ll take that this season for sure. 

22 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

Don’t know a lot about Garner but for £15 million it’s got to be a no brainier.

Gibbs-White did well in EFL and was staggeringly expensive. 
This kid also did well in EFL and appears remarkably cheap in comparison. 

Signings so far have been of a certain mould and character. Really happy with this. Exciting times ahead (and by that I mean mid-table) but I’ll take that this season for sure. 

15 with add ons, I bet the actual up front will be significantly less than that.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I didn't think we could outdo the window when we brought in Barry and Lukaku, but this one takes the biscuit by a mile. Our business has been, and continues to be, superb. It will take a couple of months for the team to gel, but I'm now confident of a top half finish.

Didn’t we sign Baines, Jagielka and Pienaar in the same window? 
That would take some beating for me. 

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Is the 5 sub rule position dependent? meaning you can't just make any 5 subs across any/all positions?

You can substitute 5 players over 3 intervals. If you have the depth in your squad it can make a real difference towards the end of games.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Beattie (meh-ish) and Yak in the same window.

We signed Beattie in the January window when we sold Graveson and finished 4th at the end of the season. I remember wanting Dean Ashton for £3m but we paid double for Beattie - meh indeed!!!

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

We signed Beattie in the January window when we sold Graveson and finished 4th at the end of the season. I remember wanting Dean Ashton for £3m but we paid double for Beattie - meh indeed!!!

Ah yes, my mistake, Beattie actually went out in the Baines, Jagielka, Yak, Pienaar (loan) window.

Just think about it: We have England's #1 in goal. We have Tarkowski and Coady as central defenders, both England internationals and proven leaders, with Holgate if we're playing three at the back. Mykolenko and Patterson provide the width in defence. In midfield, we're likely to have Gueye, Iwobi, and Onana - an impressive mix of youth and experience. With DC-L upfront with Maupay as backup, there might be Gordon and Chukwueze on the wings. Squad depth will also be quite impressive, with Begovic; Gray, McNeil, maybe Garner, Townsend, Doucoure, and Davies; Vinagre, Keane, Godfrey, Mina, and Coleman; with youngsters Warrington, Mills, Cannon, and others coming through. Here's hoping Allan, Gomes, and Rondon are moved out. What a transformation!

10 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Just think about it: We have England's #1 in goal. We have Tarkowski and Coady as central defenders, both England internationals and proven leaders, with Holgate if we're playing three at the back. Mykolenko and Patterson provide the width in defence. In midfield, we're likely to have Gueye, Iwobi, and Onana - an impressive mix of youth and experience. With DC-L upfront with Maupay as backup, there might be Gordon and Chukwueze on the wings. Squad depth will also be quite impressive, with Begovic; Gray, McNeil, maybe Garner, Townsend, Doucoure, and Davies; Vinagre, Keane, Godfrey, Mina, and Coleman; with youngsters Warrington, Mills, Cannon, and others coming through. Here's hoping Allan, Gomes, and Rondon are moved out. What a transformation!

Fingers crossed 🤞