IGNORED

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Really starting to feel like we're gonna get IGG and Garner in, and that'll be it. All the other buzz about forwards seems to have died down.

If Maupay is the only forward we bring in, I will be irate. Yes I think it's been a good window, but that's unacceptable.

Would Cannon be any more of a risk that Diaz?

IN: Tarkowski, McNeil, Onana, Maupay, Gana (Approx. net spend: 76 million pounds)
OUT: Richarlison (Approx. net revenue: 60 million pounds)
LOAN IN: Vinagre, Coady 
LOAN OUT: JVirginia, Branthwaite, Simms, Dobbin, Broadhead, Gibson, Dele, Gbamin, Nkounkou

Out of contract end of 22/23 season: Begovic, Lonergan, Mina, Seamus, Allan, Gordon, Davies, Townsend, Rondon

Squad for 22/23 right now:
GK: Pickford, Begovic, Lonergan
RB: Patterson, Coleman
CB: Tarkowski, Coady, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Keane
LB: Mykolenko, Vinagre

CM: Onana, Doucoure, Iwobi, Allan, Davies, Gomes, Gana
W: Gordon, McNeil, Gray, Townsend
ST: DCL, Rondon, Maupay

Lampard and his team have been ruthless, haven't they? They've had time to see the impact of all players in the squad. If someone's not up to the required standard, they've been moved out or told they have no future with the club. This is just what we need. It's as much about moving players out as it is bringing them in. We can't afford to be carrying deadwood.

It's been mentioned before but i'm loving that most of the players he's brought in are known for great attitudes and strong leadership qualities.  Both centre backs are good leaders on the field and have plenty of experience.  Gana has a great attitude always giving everything on the pitch and top experience both as a former Everton player and stepping up to a Champions League club with some of the best players in the world.  Onana is only young but you can already see he has great leadership qualities, with loads of confidence to show authority on the pitch.

This makes a massive difference, especially if things aren't going as you want all the time.  These players won't shy away from the action, they'll work hard and push the rest of the team to do the same.

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Starting to lose the faith on a striker. Thought Brereton Diaz was one we could get in pretty quickly if we needed to, but looks to not be the case. 
Broja looks unlikely while Aubameyang is out for a couple of months too. 

I hope Maupay can get a few goals, and DCL stay fit too. 

Yeah, looks like we're done.

5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Really starting to feel like we're gonna get IGG and Garner in, and that'll be it. All the other buzz about forwards seems to have died down.

If Maupay is the only forward we bring in, I will be irate. Yes I think it's been a good window, but that's unacceptable.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

We're not bringing in a forward today

🤷🏼‍♂️🙈😩

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

Starting to lose the faith on a striker. Thought Brereton Diaz was one we could get in pretty quickly if we needed to, but looks to not be the case. 
Broja looks unlikely while Aubameyang is out for a couple of months too. 

I hope Maupay can get a few goals, and DCL stay fit too. 

I hate going into a season hoping a key player or two doesn't get injured.  Can't believe it's not worth bringing any at all  in just for cover. 

5 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Another striker or not, this has been a fantastic window for Everton.

Fantastic in as much that I don't think we neen to worry too much about relegation any more, even though the bookies still have us third favourite behind Bournemouth and Forest; if I was a Leicester fan I'd be very worried.