IGNORED

Brentford (Home) 15th May

FairWooney

Not over yet guys. Still in our hands. 
Just cancelled plans and told missus that I’m going Thursday!

Shes not eh happiest I have ever saw her… but I’m putting that down to nerves! She’s obviously stressed about Everton’s  position!!! Just trying not to show it! Complaining and stuff… but just nerves. 

COYBs!

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not over yet guys. Still in our hands. 
Just cancelled plans and told missus that I’m going Thursday!

Shes not eh happiest I have ever saw her… but I’m putting that down to nerves! She’s obviously stressed about Everton’s  position!!! Just trying not to show it! Complaining and stuff… but just nerves. 

COYBs!

When she glared at you and said "Do whatever the fuck you want!", that was basically a thumbs up.

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Don’t think a draw on Thursday will do us any good at all, as we’ve very little chance of taking another point at Arsenal.  We don’t need a draw if Leeds lose or draw at Brentford.  But one more point won’t keep us up if Leeds win.

A draw helps if Burnley draw their final two and Leeds win. Then Burnley go down.

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm so fucking angry. That's another abysmal officiating performance that may very well have cost us this game. I'm not saying we would have definitely gone on to win the game if they'd done their jobs correctly, but it'd have given us a fucking brilliant chance to do just that. We're 1-0 up and cruising tbh, fully in control of the game, then we should be given the opportunity to make it 2-0 by being awarded a penalty when Richarlison is clearly being dragged in the penalty area by a Brentford defender. The ref has a clear view of it but doesn't give it, they then go down the other end and Branthwaite instead ends up getting red carded. This is where VAR is supposed to come into it's own and bring the play back to award the penalty and we get a reprieve on the red card. Nah, doesn't fucking happen. Then when we do get a penalty for some bizarre reason their player doesn't get a second yellow card which would've evened things up in terms of personnel. Nah, can't do that either.

Fuck off, just fuck off.

Exactly my thoughts.  Never felt so angry at officiating  

35 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

A draw helps if Burnley draw their final two and Leeds win. Then Burnley go down.

You’re right, though that seems to me a big “if.”  My view is that a draw v. Palace will have both Leeds and Burnley smelling blood next Sunday.  I’d think Burnley would gladly take a draw at Villa, knowing they are home to Newcastle on the final matchday.

If we draw and are on 37 after the Palace match, and even if Burnley lose at Villa, both Burnley and Leeds will smell blood, knowing if they win on Sunday, we’d need a point at Arsenal.  Which we are very unlikely to get.

Several ifs, for sure.  I don’t think the ifs lean in our direction.  We need 3 points Thursday night.  Desperately.

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I feel as flat after a game as I’ve felt.  The resurgence of hope has really made this result feel like a proper kick in the teeth.  

im sorry but it feels like officiating is against us and we don’t have enough about us to overcome it.

How we can we when the officials are against us? Blatantly obvious if you aren't the chosen 6 then forget it.

43 minutes ago, patto said:

It’s ironic if we don’t get anymore points Brentford could save our lives by beating Leeds. 

I’m sure the 2 players who’s families were racially abused will fancy giving Leeds a free route if we need to get something at arsenal. 

Our last chance saloon is palace on Thursday, Arsenal need to win to get in the champions league.

Cannot believe we took one point of games with Watford, and Brentford, but that's why we are where we are.

If we do stay up it will be down to what others do, not what we do.

Never got a wink of sleep last night.

As often said on here it's the hope that kills you.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Still absolutely fuming about this game. I firmly believe it'd have been a similar result to the FA Cup game against them without that red card.

Now for the rest of today I'm going to try and get this game out of my system so I can concentrate on being in a positive frame of mind going to Goodison on Thursday.

Their fans are saying the same, they got away with it. 

michael Oliver is a Newcastle fan…. There is a nonsensical hatred that comes from that lot.  It’s awful. 

I need to stop being so bought in to it all cos it’s not healthy

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Their fans are saying the same, they got away with it. 

michael Oliver is a Newcastle fan…. There is a nonsensical hatred that comes from that lot.  It’s awful. 

I need to stop being so bought in to it all cos it’s not healthy

A lot of hatred being aimed at the ref, as so often it seems but apart from that 1 decision I can't think of anything else that went against us that shouldn't have or anything that we didn't get.

The Richarlison foul was definitely a foul and should have been given BUT shirt pulling so often gets ignored, more often on corners than in play like this and this was very blatant.

HOWEVER this should not be an excuse for Branthwaite getting on the wrong side of his defender as last man and taking down the attacker for a clear red card.

When the 2 incidents are put together it adds a lot more to the ref not giving the penalty but ultimately they were seperate incidents, we weren't short a defender because Richarlison had his shirt pulled or it didn't cause Branthwaite to be out of position.

Sadly it was a naïve mistake from a young defender who will learn from it

46 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

A lot of hatred being aimed at the ref, as so often it seems but apart from that 1 decision I can't think of anything else that went against us that shouldn't have or anything that we didn't get.

The Richarlison foul was definitely a foul and should have been given BUT shirt pulling so often gets ignored, more often on corners than in play like this and this was very blatant.

HOWEVER this should not be an excuse for Branthwaite getting on the wrong side of his defender as last man and taking down the attacker for a clear red card.

When the 2 incidents are put together it adds a lot more to the ref not giving the penalty but ultimately they were seperate incidents, we weren't short a defender because Richarlison had his shirt pulled or it didn't cause Branthwaite to be out of position.

Sadly it was a naïve mistake from a young defender who will learn from it

He should have given a second yellow for the penalty we were awarded. 2 massive decisions 

torn on that one, I was definitely shouting for the sending off at the time!

But I'd say that at 7 times out of 10 a card wouldn't be given for that challenge.

As both the players had their arm around him anyway it could have gone against either (or both) players.  It is one of those that the ref is often happy to cop out on when it comes to a second yellow but I don't think a ref giving a penalty to us but not sending the player off can go down as the ref hating Everton!

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’m sure the 2 players who’s families were racially abused will fancy giving Leeds a free route if we need to get something at arsenal. 

Brentford hate Leeds so I don’t think they will just let them win it stems from the championship when Leeds called them a little team when both competing for the premier league 

26 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

But I'd say that at 7 times out of 10 a card wouldn't be given for that challenge.

As both the players had their arm around him anyway it could have gone against either (or both) players.  It is one of those that the ref is often happy to cop out on when it comes to a second yellow but I don't think a ref giving a penalty to us but not sending the player off can go down as the ref hating Everton!

It’s not just 1 referee it’s most of them since Everton told them the referees can’t stay behind after games I didn’t realise they also get tickets for family members since then the decisions have mainly gone against us that decision by Everton was as far as I know was first implemented the game Allan was sent off for an innocuous tackle I’ve seen similar tackles since not even get a yellow. 

12 minutes ago, badaids said:

It’s not just about refereeing decisions that have on balance cost us over the season.

The main issue is that we are terrible. Terribly run, terrible judgements and decisions, terrible signings, terrible on and off the field, terrible errors, terrible attitudes. 

The most recent symptom of that was yesterday. At 2-1 up even with 10 men we should have set ourselves up to get at least a point.

If we go down it will be because we have been terrible, with poor refs a contributing factor.

I think we went to defensive in the 2nd half to look after our points which actually didn't really help us as it invited them to attack our box too often.

I got the not wanting to press too much and burn players out but we did need to put them under some pressure rather than letting them control play.  Allan on for Gomes may have helped this as he's someone that will get about and pressure players around the midfield area.

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

I think we went to defensive in the 2nd half to look after our points which actually didn't really help us as it invited them to attack our box too often.

I got the not wanting to press too much and burn players out but we did need to put them under some pressure rather than letting them control play.  Allan on for Gomes may have helped this as he's someone that will get about and pressure players around the midfield area.

It was the right decision to change and go defensive, but it was foolish to do it the way we did. Absolutely needed to get Allan on who actually knew how to execute the DM role and organise around him. We also had no plan for an outlet - We had like 5% possession. Much of that it is on Frank I’m afraid - as we’ve seen very often, when the game changes he’s either. It able or not up to adapting things until it’s too late.

10 hours ago, FairWooney said:

I think the two go hand in hand. If it is a foul, then because of the nature of the foul, it has to be a second yellow.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I think the two go hand in hand. If it is a foul, then because of the nature of the foul, it has to be a second yellow.

Agree, for how quick he was to pull a red on us at the start for a tangle of legs he surely had to produce a second yellow for a similar challenge. 

If he wasn’t already on a yellow I am certain he would have gotten one for it.