IGNORED

Brentford (Home) 15th May

FairWooney

Just now, badaids said:

What a joke.

At least it’s not Richi.

I really do think that Sky and the League want a last day extravaganza where any of three teams could go down and the matches are being log rolled for that.

I mean, both of our reds were pretty clear cut so not sure how it could be a conspiracy

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

We're in serious trouble now. I think we're gonna have to rely on Brentford keeping Leeds from taking all 3 points, cause I don't see us taking any more than 1 point from Palace and Arsenal

Emotion aside, Leeds are absolutely abysmal and will probably lose to Brentford. Burnley had a little resurgence too but are shit themselves. 

We're in deep trouble don't get me wrong, but out of us and the other two teams I'd rather be where we are. 

If we can someone strap some bollocks on and beat Palace, it's done before the final day anyway, I'm just absolutely gutted that I could be relaxing tonight knowing that we're safe (and given how we started, with 11 men we win that game for me. We were all over them).

Most likely only have 1 CB for Palace - Holgate.

2 more players out, DCL didn't look too clever either. All to add to the 5,6,7 whatever it is that we have out.

Need that win against Palace. Its really hard to trust these players under such pressure. I was getting there but today brought it all back. We do ourselves over more than anything.

But....c'mon the fuckin Toffees! We can do it!

Just now, Heath said:

Wouldn't have expected us to get just 1pt from the Watford and Brentford games, but there it is. Don't see us getting more than a point out of Palace either, to be honest.

If we don’t win Thursday, I’d guess Leeds will be focused enough to take 3 points away next Sunday.

So although a few days ago I though our best hope was for Brentford to beat Leeds, I’d now say we now have 2 hopes: take all 3 from Palace or count desperately on Brentford to hold Leeds to a draw.

7 minutes ago, RPG said:

It's disappointing but with Leeds drawing and Burnley losing not a lot has really changed. A win on Thursday and we are definitely safe. A draw and we are probably safe.

Don’t think a draw on Thursday will do us any good at all, as we’ve very little chance of taking another point at Arsenal.  We don’t need a draw if Leeds lose or draw at Brentford.  But one more point won’t keep us up if Leeds win.

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

We need to win at Palace....

Fortunately the Palace match is at Goodison.

Unfortunately, our injuries continue to pile up, and however talented we are, theoretically, our players have played utterly mediocre football most of the time.  Missed free headers, godawful passing, finishing, and crossing, botched defending.

If we do not take all 3 points Thursday at home, Leeds will smell (our) blood, and have a solid chance of winning at Brentford.

So although the maths say we have several ways to stay up, emotionally it probably comes down to winning — not merely drawing — Thursday night in Goodison.