IGNORED

Palace (Home) 19th May

Romey 1878

Short turn around between this and Arsenal does us no favours what so ever so it’s imperative that we get the job done here.

I can’t even begin so describe how uncomfortable I am that our hopes of survival seem reliant on Micheal Keane coming back in to the fray. If we get the Keane that we all know is in there, we will be okay but I just hope he isn’t involved in some sort of calamity…

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Short turn around between this and Arsenal does us no favours what so ever so it’s imperative that we get the job done here.

I can’t even begin so describe how uncomfortable I am that our hopes of survival seem reliant on Micheal Keane coming back in to the fray. If we get the Keane that we all know is in there, we will be okay but I just hope he isn’t involved in some sort of calamity…

With how much pressure is on this game, he's bound to have a gaffe that results in a goal

Van de Beek available, so 2 scenarios. 

First, if Lampard has not totally lost faith in Allan........

Pickford

Coleman     Holgate    Keane    Mykolenko

Allan       

Iwobi       Doucouré      VdB      Richarlison

DCL

Allan stay back, period, period.  Let VdB and Doucouré go forward.  Play through VdB.  Bench: Gray and Gordon available subs 2d half, if Iwobi not playing well.  Doubt that VdB can be effective more than 60-70 minutes, so I guess Dele or Gomes would replace him.

But 2d scenario, if Lampard refuses to play Allan.........

Coleman    Holgate    Keane    Mykolenko

Doucouré

Gray        Iwobi         VdB          Richarlison

DCL

Doucouré has to stay back.  Can he do that?   Play through VdB.  Bench: Gordon on for Gray or Iwobi, Gomes or Dele on for tiring VdB.

36 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Pickford

Allan       

DCL

Allan stay back, period, period.  Let VdB and Doucouré go forward.  Play through VdB.  Bench: Gray and Gordon available subs 2d half, if Iwobi not playing well.  Doubt that VdB can be effective more than 60-70 minutes, so I guess Dele or Gomes would replace him.

Doucouré

DCL

Doucouré has to stay back.  Can he do that?   Play through VdB.  Bench: Gordon on for Gray or Iwobi, Gomes or Dele on for tiring VdB.

In the biggest, must-win game of the season, I highly doubt Frank starts VDB who has a handful of appearances for us and hasn't played in 2 months...

46 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

In the biggest, must-win game of the season, I highly doubt Frank starts VDB who has a handful of appearances for us and hasn't played in 2 months...

What you say makes sense.  But somebody’s gotta play CM alongside Doucouré, whether DCM or ACM.  For some (to me) mysterious reason, Lampard has played Allan very little in recent matches.  So that would leave Gomes, who is a good playmaker but poor defensively, and VdB, who, if actually healthy/fit, is much better all-around than Gomes.

It is must-win, and Lampard has few good options at CM, and no strong options.  So I’m guessing he’ll go with VdB, hoping he can play 60 minutes.  Only guessing, given no clear options.

37 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

What you say makes sense.  But somebody’s gotta play CM alongside Doucouré, whether DCM or ACM.  For some (to me) mysterious reason, Lampard has played Allan very little in recent matches.  So that would leave Gomes, who is a good playmaker but poor defensively, and VdB, who, if actually healthy/fit, is much better all-around than Gomes.

It is must-win, and Lampard has few good options at CM, and no strong options.  So I’m guessing he’ll go with VdB, hoping he can play 60 minutes.  Only guessing, given no clear options.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure what's happening with the whole Allan thing. I would obviously prefer him to start, as I just think starting VDB in a game of this magnitude is incredibly risky and at least Allan has been match fit recently

I just don't know what to do- I was beginning to think I was jinxing games by watching them - so I hid away from the TV as I just couldn't look anymore and we beat Chelsea and Leicester, so I came out of my shell again and watched the Watford game only to see us drop points - what did I do!!. To be doubly sure against Brentford I hid away and I didn't even check the scores until after the final whistle - but alas it didn't work. I just don't know what the best thing to do is as a fan.  So fucking glad it not me having to pick the team and tactics for tomorrow night game.

17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I just don't know what to do- I was beginning to think I was jinxing games by watching them - so I hid away from the TV as I just couldn't look anymore and we beat Chelsea and Leicester, so I came out of my shell again and watched the Watford game only to see us drop points - what did I do!!. To be doubly sure against Brentford I hid away and I didn't even check the scores until after the final whistle - but alas it didn't work. I just don't know what the best thing to do is as a fan.  So fucking glad it not me having to pick the team and tactics for tomorrow night game.

Watch and pray. 

21 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Feel your pain; I've been listening to the radio with one eye closed, watching the BBC live feed with a finger in my right ear (already deaf in left), wearing lucky pants on just the one leg (apologies for the image that might create), not walking on the cracks in the pavement, making sure I'm last in every supermarket queue and dressing (against my comfortable placement) to the right. We can all do our bit:unsure:

16 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Pickford

Allan       

DCL

Doucouré

DCL

VDB hasnt done much when he’s been fit and played, other than the Leeds game where he was very good. Given our situation I think I would rather play Allan rather than a loanee who’s heart isn’t going to be up for a fight, when in all probability will not be here after Sunday.

My fourth consecutive night of bad sleep, having woken up early and been thinking if we’re going to escape. ( waking early indicates stress I think, so it’s spot on 😱)

I’ll be there with my lad and wife to welcome the bus again, and I’m not going to speak to anyone all day to save my voice, so it’s a strong as possible for the 90 mins when it’s needed in our hour of need, well 90 mins but you get my jist.

My father in law is at the game, I had the day off and I could not get a ticket, I tried about 2 weeks ago there were 2 left and they went must be minutes before I tried to buy them. I am gutted as I so wanted to be there, but I will trade all that for a win for us tonight, I don't care how I just want us to be safe.

I think the future is very bright for us now and we have 2 possible trajectories, one where we stay up and one where we don't, in either case there is a real bond between the team the manager and the fans and I trust Frank to build on this and rebuild us. If we are relegated he has knowledge of managing in the championship and I believe will come up at the first attempt, if we stay up which please God we will then he will rebuild us and we will climb the table next season, not top 6 or 8 but top 10 is a realistic target.

For the Palace game we need control in midfield so has to be Allan, Doucoure and Iwobi with Grey in for Gordon who needs a rest. DCL up front with Richy and Grey on the wings. Just hope Keane, Holgate and Godfrey are in the match squad.

Just need to win!! COYB

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

A night game is perfect in terms of creating the atmosphere we need for this game, but it's horrible for my nerves having to wait all day. I really think I'm going to throw up at some point.

Needs to be dark… don’t think spotlights will be on till second half. 

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

VDB hasnt done much when he’s been fit and played, other than the Leeds game where he was very good. Given our situation I think I would rather play Allan rather than a loanee who’s heart isn’t going to be up for a fight, when in all probability will not be here after Sunday.

My fourth consecutive night of bad sleep, having woken up early and been thinking if we’re going to escape. ( waking early indicates stress I think, so it’s spot on 😱)

I’ll be there with my lad and wife to welcome the bus again, and I’m not going to speak to anyone all day to save my voice, so it’s a strong as possible for the 90 mins when it’s needed in our hour of need, well 90 mins but you get my jist.

I actually just woke up from a dream where I missed the first half, checked the score and we were 2-0 up! You heard it here first!

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

My father in law is at the game, I had the day off and I could not get a ticket, I tried about 2 weeks ago there were 2 left and they went must be minutes before I tried to buy them. I am gutted as I so wanted to be there, but I will trade all that for a win for us tonight, I don't care how I just want us to be safe.

I think the future is very bright for us now and we have 2 possible trajectories, one where we stay up and one where we don't, in either case there is a real bond between the team the manager and the fans and I trust Frank to build on this and rebuild us. If we are relegated he has knowledge of managing in the championship and I believe will come up at the first attempt, if we stay up which please God we will then he will rebuild us and we will climb the table next season, not top 6 or 8 but top 10 is a realistic target.

For the Palace game we need control in midfield so has to be Allan, Doucoure and Iwobi with Grey in for Gordon who needs a rest. DCL up front with Richy and Grey on the wings. Just hope Keane, Holgate and Godfrey are in the match squad.

Just need to win!! COYB

This is the game at which to throw everything. Leave nothing in reserve for Sunday, but regard the Palace game as our sole lifeline, our FA Cup final, our financial bailout, our everything. They have been a bit of a jinx team (remember when we were so close to fourth in Roberto's first year and Palace ended the dream?), but I don't believe in such things. We must batter then, and the fans must overwhelm them.

For this reason, I would not play Gray: He's not made much impact of late, whereas Gordon puts his heart and soul into every game. We can rest him on Sunday if needs be, but we need the strongest and most passionate players today. I agree with playing Allan, Doucoure, and Iwobi in midfield. Keane will be up for it, so I have no concerns there. What we really need, though, and have been missing pretty much all season, is a potent attack. If we score in the first ten minutes, I can see a potential avalanche of goals. If not, my concern is we'll become nervous, and that's not the mood we need to see tonight. This must be a masterclass in domination, in passion, and in belief for the full 90 minutes.

36 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This is the game at which to throw everything. Leave nothing in reserve for Sunday, but regard the Palace game as our sole lifeline, our FA Cup final, our financial bailout, our everything. They have been a bit of a jinx team (remember when we were so close to fourth in Roberto's first year and Palace ended the dream?), but I don't believe in such things. We must batter then, and the fans must overwhelm them.

For this reason, I would not play Gray: He's not made much impact of late, whereas Gordon puts his heart and soul into every game. We can rest him on Sunday if needs be, but we need the strongest and most passionate players today. I agree with playing Allan, Doucoure, and Iwobi in midfield. Keane will be up for it, so I have no concerns there. What we really need, though, and have been missing pretty much all season, is a potent attack. If we score in the first ten minutes, I can see a potential avalanche of goals. If not, my concern is we'll become nervous, and that's not the mood we need to see tonight. This must be a masterclass in domination, in passion, and in belief for the full 90 minutes.

That's what happened on Sunday and look where it got us 🥴