IGNORED

Possible Takeover

patto

Moshiri side adamant tonight that talks are over. Kenyon-Kaminski side under the impression talks were ongoing. Confusing situation. Exclusivity has, however, definitely expired.

C'mon. This is big business I can't believe that Kenyon et al didn't know talks had been concluded and the exclusivity expired.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Moshiri side adamant tonight that talks are over. Kenyon-Kaminski side under the impression talks were ongoing. Confusing situation. Exclusivity has, however, definitely expired.

C'mon. This is big business I can't believe that Kenyon et al didn't know talks had been concluded and the exclusivity expired.

They will definitely know the exclusivity period is over. Whether they know the negotiations are over is a different matter. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

They will definitely know the exclusivity period is over. Whether they know the negotiations are over is a different matter. 

My feeling too. Also think journalists are putting 1 and 1 together to get pineapples and get likes. Just because exclusivity period is over doesn't mean deal is dead. Could've always been the plan. They could've seen something the didn't like and looking to see if there is any actual competition to sign us. Could be they walked away and didn't request extension....

A couple of tweets and rag articles don't mean anything at the moment. If Moshiri has been difficult, no doubt we'll hear about it when this investment group buys someone else. 

It will be disappointing if it is off. I don't think anybody would argue that the biggest problem with the club is at ownership level. They are people who's heart is in the right place - but they are just not very good at owning a football club in the modern era. They have done there best, but have failed miserably.

If not this consortium, then I hope others come along - and fairly sharpish. 

51 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s clever social journalism. The exclusivity period ended that’s all. They can negotiate an extension if they want to. It’s not news!

Its just just clever to put certain words together and get someone to click.

Moshiri has closed things down. Confirmed by el bobble. 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/marcel-brands-details-everton-issues-structure-problems-figting-managers-difficult-transfer-interference/

Its actually good to hear those in the thick of the club actually publically speak, and pretty much confirm what has been going on this past 5-6 years. Its the reason I can't get overly enthusiastic about Lampard or Thelwell or whoever comes in on the football side of this club - current owners have continually poked their beaks in and unravel any steady progress that may have been going. It was only January when we where the biggest shambles of all. 

We desperately need new owners.  

12 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/marcel-brands-details-everton-issues-structure-problems-figting-managers-difficult-transfer-interference/

Its actually good to hear those in the thick of the club actually publically speak, and pretty much confirm what has been going on this past 5-6 years. Its the reason I can't get overly enthusiastic about Lampard or Thelwell or whoever comes in on the football side of this club - current owners have continually poked their beaks in and unravel any steady progress that may have been going. It was only January when we where the biggest shambles of all. 

Let's not forget he signed a new 3 year deal prior to his sacking, so he got hefty compensation. I wonder why he didn't just run down his contract and left by himself?

17 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Let's not forget he signed a new 3 year deal prior to his sacking, so he got hefty compensation. I wonder why he didn't just run down his contract and left by himself?

He may have some principles. He may have thought he doesn’t want his reputation tarnished by Moshiri’s actions. I think he made the right move though. 

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

He stuck with it despite the manager hiring and firing. It sounds like he really wanted to make a different - but then a manager was appointed who added to the frustration, so off he went. Moshiri might have been the biggest source of frustration, but Benitez was a huge disaster all round. The point about the owner bringing in someone on 3x the salary of others speaks volumes as well.

36 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

There is not going to be a shortage of interested parties now people know the club is genuinely up for sale. take away the big six and the Everton name and brand has to be right up there - our fans help showcase how big and passionate this club is at the end of last season.

In recent years, the Prem has seen too much money from Russia and the Arab nations. No-one in their right minds would look twice at Russian ownership right now, but I am concerned about a Saudi bid. All in all, a bid from the US would be best, so long as it's someone who know how to run a successful sports team.

34 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

In recent years, the Prem has seen too much money from Russia and the Arab nations. No-one in their right minds would look twice at Russian ownership right now, but I am concerned about a Saudi bid. All in all, a bid from the US would be best, so long as it's someone who know how to run a successful sports team.

LIV would never work for us as a shirt sponsor