IGNORED

Possible Takeover

patto

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Evertonians,

There has been much talk of investment in our football club recently – even takeovers – but I want to clarify that there is no ‘for sale’ sign currently hanging outside Everton Football Club.

It will always be pragmatic to explore all potential investment opportunities and, as I have been transparent about, I am focused on completing the financing for our fantastic new stadium as well as strengthening the playing squad and that might include a minority investment. That will continue.

But I want to reassure all of you that Everton Football Club is not for sale.

My commitment to the Club remains strong and focused and Kevin Thelwell and the Chairman are currently working hard to bring in new players to improve Frank Lampard’s squad.

There will be new signings and I would ask supporters to judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now – and to listen to official club channels for information.

The fact that we are an open and collaborative football club which listens to our supporters was underlined last week when we added another famous first to our long list of historic milestones when the inaugural Everton Fan Advisory Board met.

Our CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale, along with Non-Executive Director Graeme Sharp and other senior Club officials, welcomed the first fan-elected and independent advisory board of its kind in the top flight of English football to our Royal Liver Building headquarters.

This occasion firmly underlines our ongoing commitment to engage with our supporters and, as we look to the 2022/23 season, we are committed to furthering that dialogue.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your continued support.

Farhad Moshiri

Very mixed signals about was the sale of the club ever on the agenda, but now he has confirmed it isn’t for sale so we are firmly back relying on him and his board of directors to find the funds for the team and the Stadium, I genuinely wish them well in this quest for the sake of the fans and a management team who need funds to implement their plans. 

51 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Might not have been wise to do while exclusive talks were ongoing. 

I don’t think it would’ve done any harm for an official statement to just say we were in talks with a group, nothing more than that.

But, I was more talking about when that exclusivity ended and there was the conflicting stories in the media. He could, and maybe should, have come out with something then to put people straight and stop all the confusion.

However, like I said, it’s better that it’s late rather than never. He promised better communication and this is better than the complete silence we’ve become used to. 

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I hire and fire all the time. Part of business is finding that right fit…. We don’t always get it right.

My theory is if I hire 100 people…. Surely I’ll get 1 right?

The point I was making was he hired the previous two and then didn't let them do their job, so just because he hired Thelwell doesn't mean he'll let him do his job like you suggested.

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Why?

Made my opinion known when the consortium were linked with buying us.

Not one of them were properly rich, hence the consortium, so would be one of those leveraged buys the American’s so love. Which is very bad news.

Now it’s just him on his own? Even worse.

I hope it doesn’t happen. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently, it's just to buy a stake in the club, rather than buy the whole club, and to help with the funding for the stadium.

That would worry me far less.

That’s far too vague for me, the one thing that really concerns me is that the Stadium could be taken out of the ownership of the club, this guy is a property magnet I can’t see him investing in the Stadium without a stake in the ownership of the Stadium. We are in very precarious times at the moment, and I have no trust or faith in Moshiri to do what’s right for the club, he has kept away from Goodison for as long as I can remember, he has no connection with us on a emotional basis as a fan would have it’s strictly business with him, and I’m very concerned with any developments he’s involved in going forward, because all the signs are there that he wants out and that will be dangerous for us, because he’s a wounded businessman who will do what it takes to get out with his pants up and fuck the club and its supporters. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s far too vague for me, the one thing that really concerns me is that the Stadium could be taken out of the ownership of the club, this guy is a property magnet I can’t see him investing in the Stadium without a stake in the ownership of the Stadium. We are in very precarious times at the moment, and I have no trust or faith in Moshiri to do what’s right for the club, he has kept away from Goodison for as long as I can remember, he has no connection with us on a emotional basis as a fan would have it’s strictly business with him, and I’m very concerned with any developments he’s involved in going forward, because all the signs are there that he wants out and that will be dangerous for us, because he’s a wounded businessman who will do what it takes to get out with his pants up and fuck the club and its supporters. 

If he's buying a stake in the club then I'm not sure how that would mean the stadium would be taken out of the ownership of the club, as he would be an owner of the club.

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he's buying a stake in the club then I'm not sure how that would mean the stadium would be taken out of the ownership of the club, as he would be an owner of the club.

I don’t trust Moshiri and if he can get Usmanov’s and his money back in anyway he can he will,  and if that means getting property magnets in and selling the Stadium to investors who would look for a more long term ownership because that’s how they make their money then he will, and who can stop him. If you trust him than fair enough, but let’s say I’m more suspicious, he started off discussing the sale of the club with a consortium of which Kaminski was part of, now he is trying to do a deal with Kaminski on his own, who makes his money from buying property, and low and behold we have property that needs funding and a property tycoon waiting in the wing’s, I maybe putting 2x2 together and coming up with 5, but I smell a rat here and wouldn’t trust Moshiri as far as I could throw him. 

Feel like many of us expressed our concern about the consortium over the summer.  Those concerns remain.

Assume Morshiri will certainly sell at some point.  Just hope when he does, it does not destroy the club.  That is the real concern.  Honestly, just trying to focus on my excitement for Saturday and not pay attention to these rumors resurfacing.  

30 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Find it hilarious how Moshiri posted that message to "reassure" us all that we weren't for sale, yet the very same investor is back in the news heavily linked to purchasing us.

You know you can’t trust everything, if anything, you read. 

We need some investment to pay for the stadium. If bringing someone onboard as a minority owner is cheaper than paying a lender millions in interest every year then I don’t mind it. As long as the whole thing is managed properly. 

We’ll never have anyone with an emotional attachment to the club come along and buy it, not many billionaires in L4. The last blue who bought the club? Well I’m waiting patiently for the day he leaves.