IGNORED

Rúben Vinagre

On 26/07/2022 at 11:51, patto said:

I think he will be a good addition if we get him if the terms that’s doing the rounds are true 16k a week you won’t get a championship player for that and we aren’t obligated to buy him. 

So maybe he would struggle to make his mark in the championship and divisions 1 and 2, wages generally dictate how good you are, the better you are the more money you command, 16K a week tells me he’s well out of his depth in the top English leagues. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

So maybe he would struggle to make his mark in the championship and divisions 1 and 2, wages generally dictate how good you are, the better you are the more money you command, 16K a week tells me he’s well out of his depth in the top English leagues. 

Have you ever watched him live ?

you can’t judge a player by the wages he earns. 
what you don’t realise is abroad they don’t get big wages. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Then came here on a £295k contract. Took a pay cut to go to Japan and is now only on £315k. Heard we’re gonna offer him one last contract, but for a lesser amount of just £365k!

No chance of James coming back and don't want him we are on the right track now young hungry players James Tucker is over with the possible Diaz deal he was too greedy.

Plus when the going got tough he always wanted to come off taking injuries.

2 hours ago, patto said:

He's a luxury player and never excelled at any club never worth the wages he got.

This is demonstrably untrue. He had multiple team of the year type seasons. He was also our best attacking threat when he was here. Being “worth” the money depends on how you look at it. Insane wages but given his status as one of the most popular athletes on the planet I expect we gained far more than his salary in exposure for our brand.

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

This is demonstrably untrue. He had multiple team of the year type seasons. He was also our best attacking threat when he was here. Being “worth” the money depends on how you look at it. Insane wages but given his status as one of the most popular athletes on the planet I expect we gained far more than his salary in exposure for our brand.

We gained plenty from him actually kicking a ball. He was very good at it. 
Just wasn’t worth £625k per week. 

5 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Why do you think we off loaded him then we couldn't wait to get rid of him.