IGNORED

Fleetwood Town (Away) EFL Cup 23rd August

Btay

Quick turn around in games. Think we will see quite a few changes here but hopefully a start for Onana and a chance for him to settle a bit.

Begovic 

Coleman    Holgate    Keane     Vinagre 

Onana       Gbamin      Allan 

McNiel                  Dele                Gordon      

I would imagine Gbamin drop between the centre backs to allow full backs to push on. It’s really hard to pick a line up with what we have at the moment…

I like everything Btay says above.  This will be the 2d of 5 matches in 15 days, the last of which will be Liverpool.  Has to be lots and lots of rotation.  If we can’t beat a middling League 1 team with rested (so-called) PL players, not much we can say.

Yes, a loss would be devastating, but lots of rotation is still the sensible choice, least bad option.

I think Frank will put out a strong team for this in the hope of getting it done before halftime, then we will see mass changes when the jobs done. He will view this as a must win and won’t gamble with a team already low in confidence, to lose this could have far greater repercussions than just going out the cup. 

• MikeO changed the title to Fleetwood Town (Away) EFL Cup 23rd August
17 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

I think we could well read into it that if he is not involved today, he's no longer an Everton player.

Btw..does anyone know if this is being broadcast anywhere?

Agreed and I, for one, won't miss him at all. 

Doesn't help the majority on here but for the USA folks on here you can access it on ESPN+

8 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

No Allan...even on the bench to come on and get some match fitness. Pleased to see some of the youngsters (providing we still get a result of course!)

Might mean he will play for Davies on the weekend. Or simply that if he played today he wouldn’t be available on the weekend due to not being fully fit.

30 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

No Allan...even on the bench to come on and get some match fitness. Pleased to see some of the youngsters (providing we still get a result of course!)

I follow him on Instagram and I think he may have been at a wedding yesterday or the day before ( possibly his sisters ).