• Amadou Onana
    • Tom Davies
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Neal Maupay
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Demarai Gray
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Dwight McNeil

Current Player of the Season standings....
Alex Iwobi...81
Nathan Patterson...21
Anthony Gordon...16
James Tarkowski...10
Amadou Onana...10
Demarai Gray...3
Vitaliy Mykolenko...2
Mason Holgate...1
Conor Coady...1
Jordan Pickford...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Leeds (A)...Nathan Patterson
Brentford (A)...Alex Iw Anthony Gordon
Fleetwood Town (A-EFL Cup)...Alex Iwobi
Nottingham Forest (H)...Alex Iwobi
Aston Villa (A)...Alex Iwobi
Chelsea (H)...Alex Iwobi

Picford was immense but his kicking today was way off. Still comfortably MOTM though. Don't think anyone had a bad game to be honest, and there were other really good individuals (Patterson, Gana, Iwobi). McNeil looked lost when he came on, though that could be the occasion and instructions and Maupays stamina isn't up to speed yet. But overall that was a solid performance. 

Just now, Matt said:

Picford was immense but his kicking today was way off. Still comfortably MOTM though. Don't think anyone had a bad game to be honest, and there were other really good individuals (Patterson, Gana, Iwobi). McNeil looked lost when he came on, though that could be the occasion and instructions and Maupays stamina isn't up to speed yet. But overall that was a solid performance. 

You could really tell at the end that Maupay was out of energy, but yeah. Everyone was solid bar McNeil. Really wish Maupay had taken his chance better, though.

23 minutes ago, RPG said:

Went for Pickford but so many to choose from. Patterson came of age today. Onana is going to be a 100 million player, Iwobi is just brilliant, Gordon  and Gray were full of energy and Maupay gave the team the focal point it had been missing. Tom Davies put a real shift in too and was unlucky not to score.

Maupay - when you consider he was making his debut, in the derby, and lacking fitness, he did really well to act as that focal point.  At some point the commentator said he had had 5 shots on goal in the match.  Something he had never done in a Brighton match.

16 minutes ago, badaids said:

Maupay - when you consider he was making his debut, in the derby, and lacking fitness, he did really well to act as that focal point.  At some point the commentator said he had had 5 shots on goal in the match.  Something he had never done in a Brighton match.

There was one chance he had that could've been a goal with a little more composure. That's really the only knock I have though it's a hurtful one. 

5 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

You could really tell at the end that Maupay was out of energy, but yeah. Everyone was solid bar McNeil. Really wish Maupay had taken his chance better, though.

Actually, I thought McNeil did fine. He made an excellent run to their box, looking for teammates to support him. He's going to be an excellent sub to bring on around the 75-minute mark.

14 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Actually, I thought McNeil did fine. He made an excellent run to their box, looking for teammates to support him. He's going to be an excellent sub to bring on around the 75-minute mark.

I think he currently looks shell-shocked. He will improve but so far he's not played well at all. 

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he currently looks shell-shocked. He will improve but so far he's not played well at all. 

Shell shocked is a very good description, we are massive step up from where he came with a fantastic and dare I say  fanatical support home and away. 

Gone for Patterson, as he deserves a percentage of the votes on this game. A great derby debut and is really finding his feet, he will just grow as this team develop.

Pickford didn't put a foot wrong and pulled of some cracking saves. Showed why he will be England's No.1 in the world cup.

16 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Gone for Patterson, as he deserves a percentage of the votes on this game. A great derby debut and is really finding his feet, he will just grow as this team develop.

Pickford didn't put a foot wrong and pulled of some cracking saves. Showed why he will be England's No.1 in the world cup.

It's forgotten by many, but my lad pointed it out to me yesterday, that in the Euro 2020 final he more than did his job. He saved two penalties, including one from "Mr 100%" Jorginho to keep us in it; not for a moment having a pop at the English lads who missed, huge pressure, but if we'd have won that he'd be national hero level. Add the fact that he was (reportedly) down to take our sixth pen, had things gone differently he'd be at Geoff Hurst levels.

But still you get the morons calling him T-Rex, boils my blood.