IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) 19th October

Btay

Dross.  2s and 3s across the board, including management.

Whose wife did Doucoure sleep with?  How has Vinagre not got on when Myko gave the ball away on every pass over 10 yards?  Just zero ability to play through the midfiled.

As soon as Gray came off we lost what tiny threat we had to that point.  

2nd half was much better, but we've got no creativity. I don't know why he took Iwobi off. Newcastle was a game DCL was never going to do well in on his own coming back from injury. Don't know what Myko brings other than a crap throw in, Coleman is so badly finished is heartbreaking. Gordon... less said the better but he needs to out of the limelight for a while, Gray at least did 1 or 2 things but otherwise impotent. Gana sloppy but not bad, Onana is really getting on my tits with his flapping about and falling over. 

Just now, Btay said:

Positive for me is Garner, looks a proper well rounded player. I hope he gets a start for palace. Hopefully Patterson is back for that one & we play Vinagre, instantly a much more attacking line up.

Agree. He needs to start before Onana. 

2nd half reminds me of end of Martinez/Silva. Possession without threat. Very frustrating. 

We were so poor as an attacking force, no one had the balls to take a shot on, we could play all night and still be goalless. Coleman looked like he was a Newcastle player in the second half. DCL clearly needs game time to get match fit.

The biggest concern is that heads will be starting to drop after 3 defeats on the run, all were tough games on paper, but we’ve failed to produce much since the Utd game, Frank has a tough couple of days to get them fired up and regain some confidence for Saturday, Goodison needs to be the 12th man once again.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Agree. He needs to start before Onana. 

2nd half reminds me of end of Martinez/Silva. Possession without threat. Very frustrating. 

Agree completely.

I would persevere with Onana for another game as I think Gueye will need a rest for palace.

Garner 

Onana             Iwobi 

We need Patterson back, Coleman is finished. I’d drop Mykolenko because that was a shocking performance. Patterson & Vinagre will at least get forward.

We are a mediocre team, much closer to relegation (bottom 5-6) than to top 7.  Our mediocrity starts with our passing, which has been dreadful for the last 3 seasons, and was on full display today.  Opponents simply wait for us to make a mistake.  They know we’ll give it away regularly.

Mykolenko was so poor today that I’d prefer to give Vinagre the start against Palace.  Gana is not a box-to-box midfielder, and so should be a sitting DCM, period.  Start Garner instead of Gana on Saturday.  

We are also mediocre — well, poor — at crossing and finishing.

One might hope that as our new players are fully integrated into the team, our players will understand each other’s movements better, and our play will improve, perhaps from near-relegation-zone ugly to 13-14th pathetically passable.  Up to top 8-9?  Seems unlikely.

I’ll hope to see some rotation Saturday, though I just don’t see much goal-scoring talent.

I think relying on Patterson when 6  months ago he wasn't good enough is bollox. We need two right backs as Seamus can't cover for weeks on end. But this team is not about the players in it its about tactics and why Frank can fuck off. We signed another set of 1 season players. Alex = Gana no good just a player who seems leggy after the 10th minute. Please explain to me after last season and this season what does Frank Bring. Iwobi is still the poor player he was. a couple of good performances does not make him the 2nd coming. Onana decent signing but needs soooooo much time. Turning down 40 million for gordon is criminal. Mcneil instead of Cornett shocking. He made two good CB signings and people want to give him time. 

This season 2 wins in 11

Whole time here 8 wins in 29 15 losses.

Why are people backing him. He goes now before he gets to do more damage.

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

Gray delivers decent corners and from the wide area, but his deliveries from the middle are generally terrible.  Better to play it wide first. 

He runs down blind alleys I don't see why he gets in every week. But when your competition is gordon and McNeil maybe I do

3 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I think relying on Patterson when 6  months ago he wasn't good enough is bollox. We need two right backs as Seamus can't cover for weeks on end. But this team is not about the players in it its about tactics and why Frank can fuck off. We signed another set of 1 season players. Alex = Gana no good just a player who seems leggy after the 10th minute. Please explain to me after last season and this season what does Frank Bring. Iwobi is still the poor player he was. a couple of good performances does not make him the 2nd coming. Onana decent signing but needs soooooo much time. Turning down 40 million for gordon is criminal. Mcneil instead of Cornett shocking. He made two good CB signings and people want to give him time. 

This season 2 wins in 11

Whole time here 8 wins in 29 15 losses.

Why are people backing him. He goes now before he gets to do more damage.

Because we were a mess and it takes time to undo years of crap. 6 games unbeaten until the last 3 games. There was progress, this is a set back.