IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

11 hours ago, Matt said:

When we dont have injuries to worry about, I'd put Doucoure back with Garner centrally, drop Gana, Onana and Iwobi. McNeil and Harrison down the wings, Danjuma either leading the line or behind Dom. 

I really don’t think Doucoure is who we want in midfield, he gives the ball away so much.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

I really don’t think Doucoure is who we want in midfield, he gives the ball away so much.

He's box to box. He hassles, Garner picks the ball when we're defending. When we have the ball, he runs forward to lead the charge. 

If you took Doucoure and Iwobi out of our team this season we would be more useless than we are now, they are our engine there’s no one else in the team who can get through the amount of work they do at both ends of the pitch and with pace, doesn’t bare thinking about at the moment.  

Unless we replace them with Danjuma and Harrison. 
Then I think you would start to see that these two players are only average players and not very instrumental in our set up.

Duke scored some priceless goals for us last season and I love him for it. But he also missed some absolute stinkers that could have been scored by half of our team. With Danjuma giving us a more attacking profile I could see Garner filling his role with ease.

As you know I’m not a fan of Iwobi, but I do recognise that up until now, he has been our best option. And I’ve supported him at the stadium every week. I’ve even voted him MotM when I thought he deserved it. But I think Harrison will be a massive improvement on him.

I also really want to see Deli given a chance at some point. He could feel like a cheap new player.

6 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

The clock ticks..no sense of urgency.. we are gonna have one sad lineup Saturday in an important game. Wolves will be licking their chops... no one brought in.... again

To be fair, the 1 thing that seems to have changed this window.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

To be fair, the 1 thing that seems to have changed this window.

I guess I look at it differently.  We brought 2 guys in who can play now. But haven't addressed striker situation or cb and throwing points away. Window has been open for a bit now. I guess I just expect too much. With no money they are probably doing their best bit it's so frustrating 

8 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

I guess I look at it differently.  We brought 2 guys in who can play now. But haven't addressed striker situation or cb and throwing points away. Window has been open for a bit now. I guess I just expect too much. With no money they are probably doing their best bit it's so frustrating 

I assume you're new to the club :P

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

If you took Doucoure and Iwobi out of our team this season we would be more useless than we are now, they are our engine there’s no one else in the team who can get through the amount of work they do at both ends of the pitch and with pace, doesn’t bare thinking about at the moment.  

I don't find iwobi particularly fast and he doesn't run like he is giving his all. That could just be his running style but he looks like he jogs back not sprints....doucs I agree with (stamina and a good engine)

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

I don't find iwobi particularly fast and he doesn't run like he is giving his all. That could just be his running style but he looks like he jogs back not sprints....doucs I agree with (stamina and a good engine)

What you didn’t watch the Fulham game I take it when he was skinning and burning their RB for pace, and then getting back when it broke down to back Young up. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Unless we replace them with Danjuma and Harrison. 
Then I think you would start to see that these two players are only average players and not very instrumental in our set up.

Duke scored some priceless goals for us last season and I love him for it. But he also missed some absolute stinkers that could have been scored by half of our team. With Danjuma giving us a more attacking profile I could see Garner filling his role with ease.

As you know I’m not a fan of Iwobi, but I do recognise that up until now, he has been our best option. And I’ve supported him at the stadium every week. I’ve even voted him MotM when I thought he deserved it. But I think Harrison will be a massive improvement on him.

I also really want to see Deli given a chance at some point. He could feel like a cheap new player.

I want to see these young players play. Nothing to lose and I know it's not a direct comparison by any means but Kane starts for Bayern and hits the ground running. Why do we always keep new signings in cotton wool "need to adapt to the Premier League"

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

What you didn’t watch the Fulham game I take it when he was skinning and burning their RB for pace, and then getting back when it broke down to back Young up. 

Yes I watched the game...no I didn't see what you are referring to. My issue is with him going the other way. I'll take your word for it that he is a winger who skins people

3 hours ago, Gwlad said:

I want to see these young players play. Nothing to lose and I know it's not a direct comparison by any means but Kane starts for Bayern and hits the ground running. Why do we always keep new signings in cotton wool "need to adapt to the Premier League"

Because we don’t buy players as good as Harry Kane. 😂

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Yes I watched the game...no I didn't see what you are referring to. My issue is with him going the other way. I'll take your word for it that he is a winger who skins people

You didn’t see him run off the pitch and back on again leaving a few players behind him? How could you not see that? Was the best part of the game. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

You didn’t see him run off the pitch and back on again leaving a few players behind him? How could you not see that? Was the best part of the game. 

I saw that. Was a great bit of football from him. My problem with him is that I can’t remember him ever doing that a second time. Like Doucoure scoring that thunderous volley…. I don’t think Doucoure is suddenly a great goalscorer either.

Did anyone see McNeil run forward and hit a sweet left foot? Question would be…. Which time?

Even Dom. Can anyone remember him stretching in the box and getting on the end of a cross…. Again which time?

Anyone remember Iwobi surfing down the line past a player? 
Answer…. Yes I can remember the date time and opponents. It’s on his highlight reel!

Sorry Palf I love him really 😉

Oh it's happening to me/us again.

That fade of hope into 'oh here we go again'.

If we enter the final week of this window with no more confirmations, it'll fade that hope even more.

Prices and deals tend to get tough to negotiate in the final week.

I know the reality of our financial situation, but the way we shifted players out quite quickly made me think we had this sussed. To go into the final week still needing to plug gaps would take away a bit of confidence that there was just a glimmer of hope we had something sorted behind the scenes.

We'll see. Hopefully over the next few days....

24 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Oh it's happening to me/us again.

That fade of hope into 'oh here we go again'.

If we enter the final week of this window with no more confirmations, it'll fade that hope even more.

Prices and deals tend to get tough to negotiate in the final week.

I know the reality of our financial situation, but the way we shifted players out quite quickly made me think we had this sussed. To go into the final week still needing to plug gaps would take away a bit of confidence that there was just a glimmer of hope we had something sorted behind the scenes.

We'll see. Hopefully over the next few days....

After the atmosphere of the first day, I'm pretty sure hope is sparse in the crowd. If Goodison turns that quickly I've got no hope for this season to be honest and we really will be opening Bramley Moore Dock in the Championship. 

57 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

Wonder if we are looking at any more currently injured players like Harrison? Hurt a few more weeks then another month to be "Dyche fit"?

Dyche Fit - all joking aside I think he takes that too far and sometimes uses it as  crutch. With the Chermiti kid...did he not say this week that he was getting mentally fit. Ffs