IGNORED

Forest (Away) 5th March

Romey 1878

• Everton are winless in their past eight Premier League games against promoted sides (D3 L5), the longest ever such run by an ever-present side in the competition. The Toffees last had a longer winless run against promoted sides in the top flight between April 1971 and April 1973 (nine games).

• Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in their past eight Premier League home games (W4 D4), with only Manchester United (11) on a longer current run. It is their longest run without defeat at the City Ground in the top flight since a run of 20 between February 1995 and January 1996.

• Everton have kept a clean sheet in six of their 11 Premier League games against Nottingham Forest. They have won every time they have kept them out, but failed to win every time they have conceded against them in the competition (D1 L4).

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Dyche when asked if DCL will be back for this one, "we'll see".

Which means as soon as he can get him back on the pitch he will, none of this he's not playing again until he super fit and won't break down again no chance of that, this game is a must win to keep forest in relegation trouble and get us a big 3 points in our quest for survival. If we lose this Forest are as good as safe and we are as good as relegated, even though some will say mathematically we can still get 58 points, lose this and don't see us getting more than 33-34 points. 

On 03/03/2023 at 17:30, Romey 1878 said:
  • Everton are winless in their past eight Premier League games against promoted sides (D3 L5), the longest ever such run by an ever-present side in the competition. The Toffees last had a longer winless run against promoted sides in the top flight between April 1971 and April 1973 (nine games).

• Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in their past eight Premier League home games (W4 D4), with only Manchester United (11) on a longer current run. It is their longest run without defeat at the City Ground in the top flight since a run of 20 between February 1995 and January 1996.

• Everton have kept a clean sheet in six of their 11 Premier League games against Nottingham Forest. They have won every time they have kept them out, but failed to win every time they have conceded against them in the competition (D1 L4).

I think this trend is exactly how it will play out. 

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I wish we had an exciting young player to put on. Someone coming through the ranks who we have realistic high hopes for. 
We just don't seem to have anything. 

I know what you're saying, someone different to look forward to to give just a little bit of hope and excitement. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I know what you're saying, someone different to look forward to to give just a little bit of hope and excitement. 

Yes, a few players that would mean we can drop the first team and give them a go. Look at some the young lads coming on for other teams. They work their ass off and are enthusiastic and motivated. 

Ours come on and look like they have been instructed to just be safe.

4 minutes ago, RPG said:

I agree but I think it wil affect the way we play. Gray is not a target man so unless there is acres of space for him to run into I can see us being a bit more patient. Not exactly trying to play out from the back but certainly a bit less of the long ball and looking for possession in midfield to release Gray with a ball for him to run on to rather than trap and hold up. Midfield will have to be quick to support him and very disciplined in covering the back door.

I don't think we've been playing for a target man? We've not had one? I've been surprised how quickly we try to play football under Dyche. I'm hoping, it's only a hope, that his pace compliments how we've been playing. Always looking for some hope!!

I'm pleased to see that Gray is starting however looking at the Forest team, I think they look much better than us. It's depressing really that they've been in the top flight for not even a full year and already seem to be a level above us. 

I think we could win, it's not a write off but expect no points.