IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

I can't believe that Tim Howard, as good a servant as he was, got the big fan fare on the last day of the season and these guys leave out of the back door. Leon and Tony have been with the club for around 20 years! They shouldn't be given new contracts, but they should have left with grace and a bit of a fuss made out of them. Not just stuck in an article about who's on the released list. Really not happy about this.

I can't believe that Tim Howard, as good a servant as he was, got the big fan fare on the last day of the season and these guys leave out of the back door. Leon and Tony have been with the club for around 20 years! They shouldn't be given new contracts, but they should have left with grace and a bit of a fuss made out of them. Not just stuck in an article about who's on the released list. Really not happy about this.

I have to imagine that the club will do something for them (and Pienaar) at the beginning of the season.

That's bullshit Mark, they had testimonials after ten years. As they should. If Tim was here next season he would have had a testimonial this summer as part of pre season but he isn't. These lads have been the mainstay of not just the team but the whole football club. They were there when we were fighting relegation under Smith as youngsters, they were here when Moyes came in, they were some of the first names on the team sheet during Moyes whole tenure. They have been more than just players on the pitch. They are lads like us in the stand getting a chance on the pitch. They've not mouthed off in the press, they've not moaned for a move or money. People on here have made comments about not wanting Everton to buy success and abandon our traditions. Well these guys are part of the tradition. Having their names just put on the released list is not showing them the class and humility that they have served the club with for two decades each. They deserved a send off at the Norwich game, to have one last standing ovation from the fans who have loved them and had the same in return.

Our manager to be is on holiday.

Thier contracts are up.

The Li k even says they are going to stay until they have spoken with the new manager about thier future.

It's just simply a technicality. Their contracts are finished. When the new manager is announced and starts work, I fully expect him to speak with them and sort out thier future one way or the other.

That's bullshit Mark, they had testimonials after ten years. As they should. If Tim was here next season he would have had a testimonial this summer as part of pre season but he isn't. These lads have been the mainstay of not just the team but the whole football club. They were there when we were fighting relegation under Smith as youngsters, they were here when Moyes came in, they were some of the first names on the team sheet during Moyes whole tenure. They have been more than just players on the pitch. They are lads like us in the stand getting a chance on the pitch. They've not mouthed off in the press, they've not moaned for a move or money. People on here have made comments about not wanting Everton to buy success and abandon our traditions. Well these guys are part of the tradition. Having their names just put on the released list is not showing them the class and humility that they have served the club with for two decades each. They deserved a send off at the Norwich game, to have one last standing ovation from the fans who have loved them and had the same in return.

So every year we hand out participation trophies and parade for all the players that are shit now but were decent once? They got paid Steve, millions upon millions, they've been rewArded. We're talking about 2 role players in the team, not Dixie dean or Howard Kendall.

On top of that, if it was so important then why didn't unsy and royle start them last match to "going away"? They must not have thought they were due one either, I'm not the only one then.

Ok Mark, let me ask you this. In the last twenty years how many players have stayed that long at the club? It doesn't happen every year that players like this move on, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. It's not like it's some foreign player leaving after a few years, hence me not being too bothered about Pienaar, but when two local lads play for twenty years that means something.

At the time of the last game of the season the two of them hadn't been told they were being released. That's the issue, if the club would have told them there could have been some fuss made.

If you don't understand what these two lads mean to the club then I guess I'll never be able to explain it. You either get it or you don't.

Ok Mark, let me ask you this. In the last twenty years how many players have stayed that long at the club? It doesn't happen every year that players like this move on, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. It's not like it's some foreign player leaving after a few years, hence me not being too bothered about Pienaar, but when two local lads play for twenty years that means something.

At the time of the last game of the season the two of them hadn't been told they were being released. That's the issue, if the club would have told them there could have been some fuss made.

If you don't understand what these two lads mean to the club then I guess I'll never be able to explain it. You either get it or you don't.

I get it and that's why they had testimonials. The last match would have been fitting for them to have a cameo or start (like Howard got those starts), won't disagree there. But for some reason unsy and royle wanted to win and not to honor them. Call me whatever you may and that's fine, offer them coaching roles, sure I'm great with that. But I just don't feel sorry for multi millionaires getting a "hooray" when they got paid so much. I didn't even think Howard needed those last 2 matches as a send off. He chose to continue playing after it was clear he wasn't up to the standard.

Agree to disagree I guess. I see where you're coming from, I do, and I think The real issue here is their contracts expired in the middle of a coaching firing and they probably just got lost in the mix.

On not getting picked for the last game, I've already said, they didn't know they weren't getting a contract. If they did know maybe they would have been played, Osman at least, Hibbert was injured.

We'll have to agree to disagree Mark, you just don't get how important they have been to the club. I'll never be able to make you understand that.

Balls to wall, I'd like one of the following please Ronnie;

ST - Lacazette - £35m / Embolo - £25m

LM/AM - Hakan Calhanoglu - £20m

CDM Ruben Neves - £16m / CM Goretzka - £18m

GK Marc-Andre ter Stegen - £22m / Stéphane Ruffier - £12m

I'll have what he's having! Happily add a Milik, Tielemans, and Coric to my order while I'm at it.

Seriously. We should bid for Coutinho.

Start with a derisory bid but offer him a big contract. We need a left winger and he's proven quality. Would be hilarious to watch it unfold in the press.

I'd love him, but as the AMC. But he would never join us and they'd never sell him to us.

Seriously. We should bid for Coutinho.

Start with a derisory bid but offer him a big contract. We need a left winger and he's proven quality. Would be hilarious to watch it unfold in the press.

Now that's a statement. Great player and shows the start in shift in power in Merseyside

I'd be more interested in us throwing our weight around. I know he would be looking for a move to a CL side now, I could see him at Juve or Atl. Madrid, but I just want us to stop being the nice guys of football and ruffle some feathers.

Who knows, money talks!!!

werent Barca after him?

Sorry Paul I don't mean to sound like a party pooper or an arse but we've a reported £100m before player sales teams like the shite spunk that nigh on every season

We've got more money then we've ever had if reports of our kitty are true but let's not get carried away we are far from a powerhouse and our spending will likely be shrewder than most think

Don't get me wrong I'd love a marquee signing but the money won't spread as far as some think it's not just the players fee to take into account