IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

It's hard for me to determine where he stands on the world stage when I don't take much interest of football outside of the premier league, but honestly, who do you rate as a better defensive mid in England? Kante is the only one who sticks out for me.

He may be one of the best in Sngland but there are very few "world class" players. Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo, Maldini, Pirlo etcetc, these are all players that fall in that catergory (for me anyway)

I wouldn't get overly carried away with Morgan personally, he can't even get in the French national team. Real world class players don't get thrown in the rezzies for a season or 2.

He's a good quality premiership standard midfielder. Nothing more, nothing less for me and I'm delighted he's ours.

He may be one of the best in Sngland but there are very few "world class" players. Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo, Maldini, Pirlo etcetc, these are all players that fall in that catergory (for me anyway)

I wouldn't get overly carried away with Morgan personally, he can't even get in the French national team. Real world class players don't get thrown in the rezzies for a season or 2.

He's a good quality premiership standard midfielder. Nothing more, nothing less for me and I'm delighted he's ours.

he was a regular with France when with Soton. They don't have the FA big 7 dilemma in France, they play the best available.

Pirlo is not world class and hasn't been for a couple-few years now. For his position as a single DCM/pivot who else except Busquets is able to equally pass and intercept?

he was a regular with France when with Soton. They don't have the FA big 7 dilemma in France, they play the best available.

Pirlo is not world class and hasn't been for a couple-few years now. For his position as a single DCM/pivot who else except Busquets is able to equally pass and intercept?

Maldini hasn't either but he still WAS imo. Mark, if you think Schneiderlin is world class that's your right to your opinion but imo he is not world class. 21 million pounds doesn't buy you a world class player.

He (in my opinion) isn't world class, doesn't mean I'm not delighted we signed him and I doubt very much you'll get many level headed fellow Evertonians saying he is world class. He is what he is, a very good dcm but nowhere near a world class footballer.

Pogba gets in ahead of him in the France team and I know who I'd rather have (it isn't Pogba!).

He is always going to go under the radar because of the job he does but he is a class player who should be playing in a team with a title chance. He would have been perfect for Arsenal.

Pogba gets in ahead of him in the France team and I know who I'd rather have (it isn't Pogba!).

He is always going to go under the radar because of the job he does but he is a class player who should be playing in a team with a title chance. He would have been perfect for Arsenal.

Every word of this is true and spot on but he's not a world class player Bailey. He's great ad I rate him highly but it just irks me a bit when people lable our players better than they are.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I don't have to agree with or like it.

Defining "World class" is impossible for me. Is it someone who'd get in the squad if the planet ever played v Saturn or what?

Daft term because it's completely unquantifiable imo, which is why I never use it.

It's exactly that. If you had to pick a world 11 would he be in it?

You can assemble a team from all over the globe , any player you want and any formation you want. It's a world 11 vs Barcelona for example. It's not going to happen but there's a certain 11 that get into it.

In my opinion it would be whether a players was in the 2 maybe 3 best players in the world in that position.

Schneiderlin isn't that but he is in the top 10.

It's exactly that. If you had to pick a world 11 would he be in it?

You can assemble a team from all over the globe , any player you want and any formation you want. It's a world 11 vs Barcelona for example. It's not going to happen but there's a certain 11 that get into it.

Proves my point, one person thinks 22/33 players qualify while another thinks eleven. Meaningless.

yeah some of you really get perturbed regarding what adjective people use to describe a player. i remember i called someone good and they thought i meant they were great, but i only said good, not excellent or phenomenal, but good which to me is a step above average. they had a different rating system.

i guess i'm coming around to mike's way of thinking on this one.

yeah some of you really get perturbed regarding what adjective people use to describe a player. i remember i called someone good and they thought i meant they were great, but i only said good, not excellent or phenomenal, but good which to me is a step above average. they had a different rating system.

i guess i'm coming around to mike's way of thinking on this one.

Taking over the World one step at a time B).

World class for me means you can't get much better in their position... it's at an elite level. They could play for the best teams in the World and not look out of place.

It doesn't mean they are the best.... it just means that they belong in that company.