Sign in to follow this  
Cornish Steve

Predict our result: 2016/2017 season

Apologies for the delay in posting an update. I was in quite a bad car accident on Thursday night, and I'm feeling the after-effects - including very sore wrists (meaning I can't type for more than a minute at a time). Everyone involved walked away, which is amazing given the state of the two vehicles. Thank goodness for crumple zones, air bags, and seat belts. :)

Hate to hear that Steve, but glad you walked away intact!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Apologies for the delay in posting an update. I was in quite a bad car accident on Thursday night, and I'm feeling the after-effects - including very sore wrists (meaning I can't type for more than a minute at a time). Everyone involved walked away, which is amazing given the state of the two vehicles. Thank goodness for crumple zones, air bags, and seat belts. :)

Crap, I'm glad there's nothing serious!

While I'm grateful for crumple zones and airbags, the world could definitely do without drunk drivers. I still can't believe what happened.

So you were hit by someone under the influence Steve? Madness, hope you're back to 100% soon.

So you were hit by someone under the influence Steve? Madness, hope you're back to 100% soon.

No. Around midnight, with no lights on, they pulled out right in front of me, and I hit their SUV at about 45 mph. In the split second I had, at least I was able to avoid hitting the driver's door head-on, otherwise I dread to think what might have been on my conscience. As it is, they appeared to suffer no obvious injury.

Congratulations this week to aaron and Matt. Both predicted an Everton win with Barkley as our first scorer. In other news, aaron leads for the month of May, while MikeO has extended his lead for the season and continues to lead per prediction. Matt has now won eight of 37 predictions this season. Our predictions for the Watford game were average.

We move on to the final game with several questions to be answered. Is 8 points enough for MikeO to claim victory for the season? Can AidanLewis score a perfect 10 and claim victory per prediction? Will aaron have made enough predictions for the season to be the surprise winner per prediction? Will Rubecula finish in the top third of the table? Will chalkpie rescue his season by once again asking his son to make his prediction? Stay tuned for the final exciting episode this time next week! :)

May%2012_zps6vonowqk.jpg

Congratulations this week to aaron and Matt. Both predicted an Everton win with Barkley as our first scorer. In other news, aaron leads for the month of May, while MikeO has extended his lead for the season and continues to lead per prediction. Matt has now won eight of 37 predictions this season. Our predictions for the Watford game were average.

We move on to the final game with several questions to be answered. Is 8 points enough for MikeO to claim victory for the season? Can AidanLewis score a perfect 10 and claim victory per prediction? Will aaron have made enough predictions for the season to be the surprise winner per prediction? Will Rubecula finish in the top third of the table? Will chalkpie rescue his season by once again asking his son to make his prediction? Stay tuned for the final exciting episode this time next week! :)

May%2012_zps6vonowqk.jpg

I had 2-0 Lukaku! Hope your heads not too shook up after the crash Steve! Haha

bloody miracles you want from me now? :D

Everton 1 - 1 Watford

Lookman

-

I had 2-0 Lukaku! Hope your heads not too shook up after the crash Steve! Haha

Sorry for the confusion. You initially posted 1-1, but I see you posted a blank message a little later. Does this mean you sent your prediction to Matt? I'd be happy to correct.

Yes mate, please. Cheers. Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Sorry for the confusion. You initially posted 1-1, but I see you posted a blank message a little later. Does this mean you sent your prediction to Matt? I'd be happy to correct.

He did mate.

Everton 2 - 0 Watford

Lukaku

Wish me luck!

Yes mate, please. Cheers. Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

I've updated my master spreadsheet. You have one more point, and your PPP score is now 2.88.

Here are the final results. Drum roll please...

For this final game, six people shared the top spot with 5 points: AidanLewis, Matt, MikeO, nyblue23, Romey1878, and TonkaRoost. The forum's predictions were excellent: Many of us were within just one goal of the correct score.

The overall winner this year is MikeO, with 114 points - a full 10 points ahead of his closest challenger.

MikeO also claimed the top spot per prediction, with an average score of 3.0. AidanLewis finished second with 2.94. (Incidentally, if aaron had predicted more games, he would have tied MikeO for top spot.)

For the month of May, Matt won by a single point. Only Matt and AidanLewis managed to win the monthly contest twice.

Over the course of 38 games, MikeO and Matt scored the most points for 9 of those games.

According to the wisdom of crowds, it's difficult for anyone to beat the average of all predictions. Four people managed it this season: MikeO, AidanLewis, Romey1878, and myself.

Ten people managed to score a 10-pointer this season; no one managed that feat more than once.

And yes, Rubecula did finish in the top third of the table.

Thank you to everyone who participated this season in the prediction contest. It was close right to the end.

May%2021_zpszd6dqmbk.jpg

Yes, nice one Steve. Much appreciated by all who played. (Even though I didn't get a mention in the summary for finishing 5th and top of all those who didn't get 100+ points - a bit like Everton's position in the league!) :D

Post No.1.

Now get out there and beat MikeO, our reigning champion.

Nice try worms, same time same place next year :P.

Thanks for doing this again Steve. Funny enough I thought at the start of the season if I averaged three points a game it should do it and I was exactly that. Spooky.

Well in Steve, I'll be taking part for the full season next time round, so Mike, watch you back ;)

Bring it on junior :lol:.

Post No.1.

Nice try worms, same time same place next year :P.

Thanks for doing this again Steve. Funny enough I thought at the start of the season if I averaged three points a game it should do it and I was exactly that. Spooky.

Bring it on junior :lol:.

Beware Mike I am coming to get you too. :rofl: