IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

We had - Howard, Hibbert and Ossie gone end of last season (I think), 5 outbound in the last 2 windows (I think), Barkley and Lukaku looking to go... We've got Coleman, Jags, Baines, Mirallas, Barry who are the only ones I'd consider core group, and 2 of them will be lucky to make the bench this season. Massive changes going on, which is positive but also potentially dangerous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying for a minute it will go wrong or that Koeman can't make it work. We've just seen so many times a club "being ambitious" by flashing cash and bringing in bodies can seriously destabilise the squad

True, I think that's where you look at the personality of the players you are signing to make sure they fit into the squad. I think the players we have signed will fit into the mentality of the team Koeman is creating.

Something to be carefully managed for sure.

10 players in will be a massive mistake.

Possibly. And generally I'd agree.

But I think that's exactly why we are getting them in early. 4 joined before pre season started. Get them in early, bed them in, get the systems set up.

The fact we bought 4 key players in early makes me feel a bit better about more joining.

Possibly. And generally I'd agree.

But I think that's exactly why we are getting them in early. 4 joined before pre season started. Get them in early, bed them in, get the systems set up.

The fact we bought 4 key players in early makes me feel a bit better about more joining.

Also gives me confidence going into the start we've got. Hopefully the biggers teams buy late and the players (they buy) can't settle quickly.

Also gives me confidence going into the start we've got. Hopefully the biggers teams buy late and the players (they buy) can't settle quickly.

Yeah. And in a round about way, we've got some serious games to play before the season starts, most likely against low rate teams, in the Europa Quals. That's more opportunity to get to know each other, the systems, temperaments etc before the real shit kicks off.

Yeah. And in a round about way, we've got some serious games to play before the season starts, most likely against low rate teams, in the Europa Quals. That's more opportunity to get to know each other, the systems, temperaments etc before the real shit kicks off.

Someone as mobile as Sandro, will need people behind learning his running style and preferred channels of movement.

It should be-

Pickford 1

Keane 4 or 5

Klassen 7

Rooney 9

Sandro 10

Gueye 6

Bolasie 11

Schneiderlin 8

Come on Pad, was this a fishing expedition? haha

Pickford should be number 1

Keane, 5 is already taken by Williams and he's going nowhere. For number 4, see Morgan.

Klassen, number 10 is his preferred number. Number 7 is for a wide player or a striker who has delusions of himself.

Rooney 9, yep.

Sandro, 10 isn't so bad, but if Klassen got there first, he had 19 at Malaga.

Gueye 6, Jags is going no where.

Bolasie 11, Mirallas is going no where.

Schneiderlin 8, 4 is his favourite number. Hopefully Barkley goes no where too.

Sorted for a goalie, plenty of class options in midfield, Rooney and Sandro up front, need another solid CH and another Top Striker, either one can be a massive statement by the club and I can see a top four finish.

This has been a great window so far, with a couple more as mentioned above and I would be ecstatic. I love it because people are talking about EFC.

Jigsaw is looking a little odd on paper. Assuming we do get Rooney.

Pickford

Kenny/Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Gana

Klaassen Sandro

Rooney

A lot of change at the back, and unsure how the attackers will function together. Starting early in Europe will hopefully get them to gel together faster. Only one player from two seasons ago is a bit disappointing, don't want us to lose our identity like City did. Davies being one of our own helps, as would Rooney I guess.

Jigsaw is looking a little odd on paper. Assuming we do get Rooney.

Pickford

Kenny/Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Gana

Klaassen Sandro

Rooney

A lot of change at the back, and unsure how the attackers will function together. Starting early in Europe will hopefully get them to gel together faster. Only one player from two seasons ago is a bit disappointing, don't want us to lose our identity like City did. Davies being one of our own helps, as would Rooney I guess.

We weren't good enough two years ago. Who would you have liked to stay? We had a team of young prospects (Lukaku, Barkley, Geri, Stones) and aging veterans without much time left (Jags, Baines, Pienaar, Gibbo, Howard, Osman, Barry, etc.). The youngsters either weren't good enough or wanted to leave. The middlers (Besic, McCarthy, Naismith, Mirallas) have either been deemed not good enough or have been hampered by injuries. I think the problem is the way the team was built under Martinez's reign; not what we're doing now. I do believe it will be hard to adjust, but I'm not sure we had any other choice.

We weren't good enough two years ago. Who would you have liked to stay? We had a team of young prospects (Lukaku, Barkley, Geri, Stones) and aging veterans without much time left (Jags, Baines, Pienaar, Gibbo, Howard, Osman, Barry, etc.). The youngsters either weren't good enough or wanted to leave. The middlers (Besic, McCarthy, Naismith, Mirallas) have either been deemed not good enough or have been hampered by injuries. I think the problem is the way the team was built under Martinez's reign; not what we're doing now. I do believe it will be hard to adjust, but I'm not sure we had any other choice.

I'd have had Joel, Deulofeu and Holgate as starters. McCarthy and Barry would both play over Gana for me as well. Build a team slowly.

I'd have had Joel, Deulofeu and Holgate as starters. McCarthy and Barry would both play over Gana for me as well. Build a team slowly.

Holgate likely will start. Deulofeu was not entirely our fault (although I have no illusions that Koeman liked him, but that decision was well taken out of our hands). Joel was solid but Pickford will be much better, and playing either McCarthy or Barry over Gana seems incredibly short-sighted given that Gana was by far our best defensive player last year.

Again, I don't feel like this year's going to be easy with an almost entirely new squad, but we weren't left with a lot of options if we wanted to seriously improve.

If we get Rooney and Giroud, the starting line-up when everyone is fit I think with be like this.

PICKFORD

COLEMAN......WILLIAMS...KEANE.......BAINES

KLAASSEN....SCHNEIDERLIN/GANA

SANDRO.......ROONEY.......MIRALLAS/BARKLEY

GIROUD.

Just because players are going nowhere doesn't mean they won't change numbers, Steve.

Apart from Oviedo swapping with Barkley, I can't ever remember a player of ours with a 1-11 number getting swapped. I expect it with the keeper, but it very rarely happens.

Have just added sky sports package to my TV, expecting good times this coming season but still hoping we can bring in another statement signing, not bothered if it's a CH or a CF but either one and I think we are going to be well worth watching.⚽

PS ... Old age added to health problems don't allow me to enjoy going now.

Edited by Bill

Have just added sky sports package to my TV, expecting good times this coming season but still hoping we can bring in another statement signing, not bothered if it's a CH or a CF but either one and I think we are going to be well worth watching.⚽

PS ... Old age added to health problems don't allow me to enjoy going now.

Well I hope you enjoy watching us in the comfort of your home, I only get up to Goodison 5 times a year so most of my watching of Everton is done at home.

At least you wont have to queue for the toilets!!

How would that equate to that Aiden. United announcing it has no bearing to them who we replace him with- unless I'm missing something?

I meant more on the side of us not bringing a replacement in before we confirm his sale to United Pad.

Well I hope you enjoy watching us in the comfort of your home, I only get up to Goodison 5 times a year so most of my watching of Everton is done at home.

At least you wont have to queue for the toilets!!

I'm the same as I live in Buckinghamshire but I expect getting tickets will be harder this year.