IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) Saturday March 9th

markjazzbassist

They just got beat and we have the Cardiff and derby confidence.  I’m expecting 3 points here and a good performance.  Same lineup except remove morgan and Theo.

Pickford

coleman keane zouma digne

Gomes gana

richarlison     Gylfi     Bernard

DCL

I watched them at the weekend and they still played well despite the defeat. West Ham are good at home and they went up early and saw it out but Rondon got into some really dangerous positions and even though Almiron didnt really get involved too much, the impression I got from him was that he wasnt far off doing so. Newcastle are a very solid side, and bar corners, they are very difficult to score against and they will create chances. We will need to be at the top of our game to get the 3 points and they should not be underestimated.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

They just got beat and we have the Cardiff and derby confidence.  I’m expecting 3 points here and a good performance.  Same lineup except remove morgan and Theo.

Pickford

Gomes gana

DCL

This for me. I can see morgan starting though.

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Gomes gana

DCL

17 hours ago, Btay said:

I'd throw Davies in for Gomes.

What do Morgan and Walcott have on Silva? Must be evidence of something that could have him serve the rest of his life in prison. They are total shit yet Walcott starts every game and Schneiderlin brought in from the wilderness and continues to jog around like a gutless bobblehead.

On 03/03/2019 at 21:08, Btay said:

On 03/03/2019 at 19:38, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Gomes gana

DCL

Top team that 

On 05/03/2019 at 00:47, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I'd throw Davies in for Gomes.

What do Morgan and Walcott have on Silva? Must be evidence of something that could have him serve the rest of his life in prison. They are total shit yet Walcott starts every game and Schneiderlin brought in from the wilderness and continues to jog around like a gutless bobblehead.

I just think he must be doing all the right things whilst perhaps Gomes/Davies maybe took a bit of a break... If Morgan starting these last 2 games lights the fire under Gomes arse and gets him performing again then I’ll be happy.

I like Mark's team, although as Btay said I also think Morgan will start. 

With Gomes being most peoples first choice, Davies impressing before being omitted from the line up and Morgan now looking arsed, we finally have a bit of healthy competition along side Gana who doesn't look to be withdrawn from the starting line up anytime soon. 

Richarlison looked like a handful on the right against the shite, so giving him a run there can't do any harm especially seeing as Walcott has been one of the weak links all season. DCL really impressed me last week too, and I'd imagine he has cemented his spot for the remainder of the season. 

If richarlison settled on the right, Bernard and Lookman can rotate around the left and Richy and Walcott for next season, gives us less to do in the transfer window next season. 

Just now, Matt said:

Did you listen to his post match interview though? Took absolutely no responsibility and openly blamed the players. 

No, and I didn't watch MOTD; in fact I missed the third goal as well as I was so angry. Only heard about the 3rd in a text from Josh and wasn't in the slightest surprised.

I watched extended highlights on sky’s match choice main game.

We are the product of our manager no steel fight or aggression when needed just like Silva who is the reincarnation of Martinez but a worse version imo, but let’s give him till the end of the season because we enjoy the punishment, we played his super 6 and showed we haven’t made any improvement since he took over. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

"Newcastle United came from two goals down to win a Premier League game for the first time since October 2003 against Fulham under Sir Bobby Robson."

Let us never speak of it again.

Only the second time we've lost having led by 2 goals in a match. The other being Spurs. 

We were shite last season and done it against Marco. Wouldn't be surprised if he's lost more 2 goal leads than any other manager. Add it to his record for conceding from set-pieces. 

Before Newcastle's first you could see they were getting into the game and a goal was coming. We were losing the midfield battle and Silva just sat there and watched it unfold. Any fan nevermind professional football manager could see we needed a change. Time for him to go. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Only the second time we've lost having led by 2 goals in a match. The other being Spurs. 

We were shite last season and done it against Marco. Wouldn't be surprised if he's lost more 2 goal leads than any other manager. Add it to his record for conceding from set-pieces. 

Before Newcastle's first you could see they were getting into the game and a goal was coming. We were losing the midfield battle and Silva just sat there and watched it unfold. Any fan nevermind professional football manager could see we needed a change. Time for him to go. 

Time for him to go I want to know how the fuck he got here sacked by his last club for a record 1 win in 11 and he ends up here on 6 million a year producing the same shit he got sacked for at Watford. 

Am I the only one who is completely bemused about the managers who have been employed here since Moshiri took over. 

I’m sick of all the sound bites coming from Moshiri and how he’s going to do this do that invest in this invest in that make us bigger and better, if he wants to make us better then he needs to go and get a manager with pedigree no matter what the cost, instead of the twats like Silva Koeman and Allardyce. 

Agree with Haf that Silva shit the bed here. Completely unbalanced us by taking off Richarlison and bringing in Mina. You could see immediately how it exposed us. The right move at that time was Schneiderlin for Gomes. Infuriating really.

The defenders also hold a big helping of blame for the first goal. Totally amateur. Everyone ball watching, four or five defenders all go to Perez and leave Rondon completely unmarked.

We also should have Had a third a couple times. Bernard should have squared to Richarlison who was wide open,then Richarlison with his terrible touch really let us down.

The offside not given hurt too but our inability to show character was the real problem 

First half elation, Silva had finally put it together with the derby and now this.  Second half thought this is the end he will he gone in the summer.  You can’t do that to Newcastle of all teams.  Shambolic.  Mina sub was mind boggling, we had the game in our hand and we go to a moyes defend for you life tactic?  

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Can’t understand why he brought Mina on. Taking out that Mina is fucking terrible, we just looked confused with another centre back out there and that showed by just how shambolic we were from that point onwards. I don’t know what his thinking was at all. A change was needed, definitely, but a pair of fresh legs in midfield - Davies, Lookman or even Schneiderlin Ffs! Let them push for goals and then just break on them over and over. I feel sure we’d have been returning home with the three points if we’d just stuck with what we were doing. 

That loss is definitely on the manager. 

To ready him up for the Chelsea match in just a weeks time. 

Sorry I can't offer any more of a comforting response. 😅

I posted this on another site while TT was down, still think it's pertinent.
I think the turning point as Minas substitution, which I think shows up Silva's failings, the game was there for us to take, even at 2-1, but he took off a goal threat and brought on another, problem was it was a goal threat against us, not for us. We're awaful with 3 at the back at the best of times, yesterday Rondon was bullying us from the start, what better way of coping than to bring on a player who has looked like a rabbit in headlights every time he plays, and partner him with Keane who's still lacking the confidence he needs. The third goal highlights the problem, not one player tried to attack the ball as it came back into the box asthey don't know how to play that system, although Mina did take out one of our own players, which was about his only contribution to the game.
We also lacked a captain on the pitch, Siggy just doesn't have the presence and it seems to detract from his game.
Not to worry Chelsea next, simples😱