IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I said a couple of months ago that Coleman was playing poorly and maybe needs to drop out for a few games and look what happened!!!

SO...

Lukaku isn't at his best at the moment maybe it's time to give Jelavic another start (cue the Romelu Lukaku show vs Southampton!)

Go Carlos :yay: !

• 2 weeks later...

Not as good as Welbeck apparently :rofl: . Man United fans' bias and reliance on stats is unreal. I notice he doesn't say anything about Lukaku's touch out of the sky today, but when Welbeck does it they create gifs of it and wank constantly. Anyone who feels sorry for Man United just needs to remind themselves of what many of their fans are like:

"This seems like such a strange thing to say when he's currently one of the most prolific strikers in the league. Only 6 strikers have scored more than him - Suárez, Rooney, Aguero, Sturridge, Remy and Lukaku. I don't think Sturridge or Lukaku are any more clinical myself. He's scored 8 goals in the league from 31 shots so far compared to 9 in 41 for Sturridge or 9 in 53 for Lukaku. People love to wax lyrical about Lukaku on here but look at the sitter he missed today - far worse than Welbeck's miss today. And in general he's not very clinical either. And he gives the ball away about half the time he gets it. Yet for some reason Lukaku's hyped to the heavens in a way Welbeck never has been. I find that strange myself."

Not as good as Welbeck apparently :rofl: . Man United fans' bias and reliance on stats is unreal. I notice he doesn't say anything about Lukaku's touch out of the sky today, but when Welbeck does it they create gifs of it and wank constantly. Anyone who feels sorry for Man United just needs to remind themselves of what many of their fans are like:

"This seems like such a strange thing to say when he's currently one of the most prolific strikers in the league. Only 6 strikers have scored more than him - Suárez, Rooney, Aguero, Sturridge, Remy and Lukaku. I don't think Sturridge or Lukaku are any more clinical myself. He's scored 8 goals in the league from 31 shots so far compared to 9 in 41 for Sturridge or 9 in 53 for Lukaku. People love to wax lyrical about Lukaku on here but look at the sitter he missed today - far worse than Welbeck's miss today. And in general he's not very clinical either. And he gives the ball away about half the time he gets it. Yet for some reason Lukaku's hyped to the heavens in a way Welbeck never has been. I find that strange myself."

The only thing I do agree with is that he gives the ball away a lot. Lukaku touch is terrible and 9/10 he will give the ball away as his touch lets him down. Saying that he is better than Welbeck....Are you telling me if he had a choice he wouldn't swap Lukaku for Welbeck! Yeah 9 in 53 shots....least he is getting his shot away. Lukaku is strong, quick and is a good finisher but his touch is terrible. The only thing I can fault him on...

According to the Mirror, Martinez has plans for Lukaku next season as well. He said Romelu likes Everton and the fans. But apparently the condition is for EFC to reach a Champions League spot. (then take your damn responsability Rom and score those goals needed!)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/everton-transfer-news-roberto-martinez-3034263#.UtovSJ7b_IU

The question is; what does "keep" mean?

Edited by Mirallas

There's rumors of Chelsea offering him and Thibaut Courtois with a big red ribbon around them to Atletico Madrid in exchange for Diego Costa and a fullback. I wonder if they realise that Lukaku might have a say in this as well. How would the media even obtain this kind of information? Are they present at Chelsea's management meetings?

Edited by Mirallas

There's rumors of Chelsea offering him and Thibaut Courtois with a big red ribbon around them to Atletico Madrid in exchange for Diego Costa and a fullback. I wonder if they realise that Lukaku might have a say in this as well. How would the media even obtain this kind of information? Are they present at Chelsea's management meetings?

They must be otherwise how would they know about the big red ribbon :huh:?

Lukaku defending Anelka saying he shouldn't be banned... :doh: .

Yeah Lukaku is an intelligent lad, but sometimes he talks before he thinks. This specific opinion... well... already back in Chelsea when they were playing together, when he was asked what players he got along with the most, he answered that 'the African connection' was definitely a prominent one. In other words he might be a bit biased on these matters.

In my opinion? Anelka should be banned for life. This is not what out grandfathers fought for in WW2.