IGNORED

Leroy Fer

For the best I guess, but Fuck, Fuckity fuck fuck!!! been really stoked about this transfer, really looking forward to seeing him at GP, Ah well, cue the piss taking from across the park!!

they still haven't got a leg to stand on after the shit they've signed..plus who gives a fuck about them?

it's just nice to know we seem to have a few quid to spend so sure it will be spent...moyes doesn't seem the type to have one plan

All these people who are complaining that the club have handled this badly or are in some way to blame would also be the first in the queue to hang Kenwright out to dry if we blew £8.6M on a crock

Not really, i tried to root for Bily, still did even when he left.

I'm not anti-Bill. I do think the announcements were too soon, just makes us look a bit of a tit, what ever they found out later on.

I'm not a massive moaner when I don't hear anything, it frustrates me but I don't whine about it. This one sucked quite badly though. I think with Ofoe and Fer, they had hearts set on the move away from their respective clubs and both are back to square one. It's just as tight on the player(s).

it's just nice to know we seem to have a few quid to spend so sure it will be spent...moyes doesn't seem the type to have one plan

The money was spread over installments. It'll be spread over the next few years, we've just got to hope another club will be willing to part with one of their better players for a spread cost, rather than a lump sum. I'm not sure many would.

Arsebiscuits, was really excited about this signing. Who knows how serious the problem is or was, or if the deal may yet be resurrected. 'Due diligence' is part of any transaction - I'm glad that we obviouly do it and haven't pussyfooted around in it, but on the other hand I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse; we needed a really positive signing like this.

Stupid really because we must have known about the knee injury scouts do their work and now we have obviously tried to get better terms on the deal and have failed now its off. I presume we will turn to ofoe who in my opinion won't be as good! Interesting to see what we pull out of the bag but have to say I'm generally disappointed was very excited by him coming to everton now that its off nothing but disappointment until we pull off more or even better deals. Is there any other young but already mature in their play big string defensive midfielders about lads?

Bily was DM's fault, not Kenwright's so there's no comparison really....Bily wasn't a crock, he just played like one.

Yeah but if we had have signed Fer, it would have been DM's decision too. Dunc was the one who said that people would be anti-bill if we spunked the money on him, so I didn't use the comparison, just defended the accusation.

I'm slightly surprised that no-one else is remotely frustrated by this? A top young player coming to Everton, only to find out he's a "crock" (not saying its Everton's fault before I get a bashing) and the deal's off. Some of you are making out that others are blaming the club, we're not really, just sounding frustrations. Is it really that hard to accept?

Yeah but if we had have signed Fer, it would have been DM's decision too. Dunc was the one who said that people would be anti-bill if we spunked the money on him, so I didn't use the comparison, just defended the accusation.

I'm slightly surprised that no-one else is remotely frustrated by this? A top young player coming to Everton, only to find out he's a "crock" (not saying its Everton's fault before I get a bashing) and the deal's off. Some of you are making out that others are blaming the club, we're not really, just sounding frustrations. Is it really that hard to accept?

i'm as frustrated as anyone about it but it just seems some people wanted to sign him for the sake of it

i'm as frustrated as anyone about it but it just seems some people wanted to sign him for the sake of it

Fair enough. He was the type of player we needed though. There are others who would work well in our team, but its whether they can inquire about them soo late in the window.

Gutted about this falling through, would have been a great signing imo.

Hope we have someone else exciting lined up.

Plus one, gutted, absolutely gutted. Kinda hope his knee breaks and he is sent to jail. Not for his sake, i have absolutely nothing against him. It would just feel slightly better.

(i dont really hope these things but you probably understand the feeling)

Feel sorry for him to, he seemed to really want to come here so its just as bad for him. Hope he picks himself up and has a blinder of a season at Twente.

(true hope this time)

I dont think there is an Evertonian on the planet that isnt frustrated, and most of them hadnt even heard of the player last week!

Ah, what a lovely treat to find after a terrible day in work, transfer off....

Can't fault the club for how they handled it, if they had said nothing and the twitter picture of him on his way over did the rounds I wouldn't be too happy about the lack of communication.

Hopefully we can pull something out of the bag, but I worry that other clubs knowing we have in the region of 8 million, even in installments, will bump up any fee for another player.

Can see the rationale behind the clubs reluctance though. Gibson has had his injury problems, Mirallas has missed as much as he has played, Coleman seems to be picking up a few knocks, and god knows Vic has had his injury problems so it would probably terrify them to add another injury prone player into our wafer thin squad. Would have been a gamble, and hopefully one we wont regret taking.

Hopefully now we can bring in someone else, and not a last minute panic buy. Although I really don't see that as DM's style.